Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you know Aaron brought Broo into Avengers? He's part of the team's support staff.

Wait, if she can transform between human and shark forms, why does she only ever appear in shark form nowadays?
    It was covered in wolverine and the xmen after after battle of atom. She prefers her shark form to human. It's like she hulk just to be a, she can go from hulk to human just prefers hulk

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Thread relevant but completely veering off topic from the current discussion of who is garbage and how come.....

JUSTICE FOR WIND DANCER! RESTORE SOFIA, IN ALL HER VENEZUELAN, AIR BENDING, EAVESDROPPING, GLORY!!
    Seconded, motion passes!

Thread relevant but completely veering off topic from the current discussion of who is garbage and how come.....

JUSTICE FOR WIND DANCER! RESTORE SOFIA, IN ALL HER VENEZUELAN, AIR BENDING, EAVESDROPPING, GLORY!!
    I would love to see her back. She'd be a nightmare as a teacher if she ever started teaching at the school too - you'd never know what she'd overhear in the classrooms or corridors! As if the telepaths weren't enough for these poor mutant kids haha...

Unless, of course, you're the stealth kween, Cipher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    House of M was definitely the most.....interesting take on the students. I know 616 Cess was always ready to punch her over the SMALLEST thing it was so funny.
    That was mainly because Cess had a crush towards Wither, who had a crush towards Laurie. Under other circumstances they would have been friends xd.

Wait, if she can transform between human and shark forms, why does she only ever appear in shark form nowadays?
    Because artists and writers like the concept of a Sharkgirl to be more fun to use than to ever actually use her as a brown Brazilian girl. But they'll tote her out as diversity when they need brownie points

Hear, Hear!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Because artists and writers like the concept of a Sharkgirl to be more fun to use than to ever actually use her as a brown Brazilian girl. But they'll tote her out as diversity when they need brownie points
    I am sure many artists dont even know she has a human form.

UMMM YES YES AND MORE YESSSSS

The Venezuelan Goddess must return with those airbending skills. Sure I've said that before. But agreed on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    UMMM YES YES AND MORE YESSSSS

The Venezuelan Goddess must return with those airbending skills. Sure I've said that before. But agreed on all counts.
    As a Venezuelan I approve this message.

Did you know Aaron brought Broo into Avengers? He's part of the team's support staff.

They mentioned back in the tail end of Aaron's run that she prefers her Shark Form nowadays. Hell in SMATXM she only reverted back to human form at the end because she passed out.

spoilers:
    we can add being a furry to Hellion's ever grown fetish list
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Big G; 02-14-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Hard same with this tumblr user @courtneywhitless:

https://courtneywhitless.tumblr.com/...the-comics-loa
    So I just ran through most of the comics Loa appeared in, and it seems like the bigger role she’s playing in a series as a whole (specifically Namor: The First Mutant and Fear Itself: The Deep), the whiter she is. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve known Loa got whitewashed for a very long time, but it just strokes me how disturbing it is that the more screen time she gets, the more European her features become. This girl went from being brown haired and eyed with (what I read to be) indigenous features to a very fair redhead with blue eyes. That’s not to say her look didn’t change before Namor’s solo, but the solo definitely cemented the whitewash.

I bring this up because the whiter she becomes in comics, the more I feel any semblance of what I liked in her character goes away, she’s not even recognizable in her personality - she’s just a girl with red symbols.
    In New X-Men and X-Men Legacy #238-41 I see a character who cares about her community and the bonds she’s built. She joins Indra to support him, regardless of what’s going to happen. Will she watch one of the two remaining members of the Alpha Squadron, aside from herself, get married? Who knows, she’s just there for Indra with Vic. Not only is it that I loved her friendships, I loved seeing what she would do for that friendship. We as readers are shown that her powers are used in an offensive manner very sparingly - but she launches herself through a sentinel while in Mumbai, both to save people and to keep her friends safe. In the same vein, we see this in Nation X when she decides to 1v1 Warpath of all people. While it’s played for humor and made light, I want to draw attention to the fact that after watching a grown man beat two of her friends - putting Ben in an oven is disturbing to say the least - she resorts to a very real threat of grievous bodily harm. After losing friends to depowerment and death, it seems to me that her friends from the Academy X days and their safety outweigh her own moral compass. The yearbook and dossier files claim she’s relaxed and there for her friends - wants to be there for her friends. This iteration is not fair skinned with blue eyes.

In The First Mutant and The Deep, she was just a plucky teen sidekick, something that feels extremely out of place in the lineup. Then she apparently joins the Avengers Academy for… reasons? I hate to say it, but Alani’s been dead for years, they just kept writing her into things for no apparent reason other than to include Namor’s sidekick, before finally officially pulling the trigger (as shitty as it may have been).

If Loa does get brought back, if only to get put back in comic limbo, I just want the one who cares about her friends back, please.

Has Nezhno been seen or featured at all since his brief stint in X-men: Red?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has Nezhno been seen or featured at all since his brief stint in X-men: Red?
    He showed up in Extermination, as Jean's line of defense against Ahab and his Hounds:

Then, in Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled, Pixie teleported him in the final battle against X-Man after Jean called in for all the X-Men:

Now, he's appearing in Age of X-Man: Nextgen. Who knows if he'll actually do something since Brisson writing:

Last edited by Tycon; 02-16-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He showed up in Extermination, as Jean's line of defense against Ahab and his Hounds:

Then, in Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled, Pixie teleported him in the final battle against X-Man after Jean called in for all the X-Men:

Now, he's appearing in Age of X-Man: Nextgen. Who knows if he'll actually do something since Brisson writing:

Thanks for the update!

I've always thought he is a great character and its a shame that the X-office hasn't done more with him. Also, can someone explain why his skin color has changed so dramatically in those final Age of X-man panels? He looks more like Hiro-Kala there than his own self. How did something like this not get fixed? And who is the purple flamed dude? Is that suppose to be Match?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!