Page 55 of 137 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

I think its so lazy how most of the New X-men dont have new designs in AoX. Like WTF?!?! They didnt even try

Id say my biggest gripe (and at the end of the day it might be me not jiving with the art) is that in Next Gen they all look like young teens (13-15) when a good chunk of them should be mid to late (16-19) ala what Julian, Nori, Laura and the Cuckoos look
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

I think this book is the only great book from this event, at least so far.

Amazing Nightcrawler:
    spoilers:
    The fact that Regan and her team showed up out of nowhere makes me think that it’s a set-up for Kurt to go investigate TJ’s whereabouts. Maybe Nori convinced them since the last time we saw them, she admired Studio X.
    end of spoilers

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...41265344188416

stop the presses. local twitter user has just been informed loa will probably be back sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

stop the presses. local twitter user has just been informed loa will probably be back sooner than later
    Could just as easily be a "If you think I'M bad, wait until you see what Hickman does to your precious supporting cast!"

But seriously, I do get annoyed with comic writers acting like there shouldn't be a verdict on a story until the entire idea is executed. A good chunk of the readership pays by the installment, not by the storyline, so yeah, you're going to get the fan response as the issues come out, not when someone else is helming the franchise a year later.

I really enjoyed Nori's mean girl look posted above, and I'm with Tycon in that I'm also looking forward to the next issue to see what her role is in it.

This is the weirdest set of responses from Rosenberg. It's so hard to parse beyond a kind of general "there are stories yet to be told" hand off in response to people pointing out that two meaningful characters were killed to little effect, though he does acknowledge the feedback at least? This X-Men era has been a hectic flail with the team books, so here's hoping with Hickman we get some coherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Could just as easily be a "If you think I'M bad, wait until you see what Hickman does to your precious supporting cast!"

But seriously, I do get annoyed with comic writers acting like there shouldn't be a verdict on a story until the entire idea is executed. A good chunk of the readership pays by the installment, not by the storyline, so yeah, you're going to get the fan response as the issues come out, not when someone else is helming the franchise a year later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    This is the weirdest set of responses from Rosenberg. It's so hard to parse beyond a kind of general "there are stories yet to be told" hand off in response to people pointing out that two meaningful characters were killed to little effect, though he does acknowledge the feedback at least? This X-Men era has been a hectic flail with the team books, so here's hoping with Hickman we get some coherence.
    There were also some other responses that give the impression that his run is just gonna end up being undone, maybe by a cosmic force or some major revelation about Age of X-Man. At first, Loa and Blindfold dying sounded like it was just gonna stick but now that Strong Guy and spoilers:
    Wolfsbane, apparently
    end of spoilers are gone, I think X-Man might reverse stuff.

And him comparing Loa to the Asgardians in Infinity War was......odd. Those are two drastically different medium and it comes across as completely tone-deaf. But Age of X-Man hasn’t done anything brutal or OOC to its characters (X-Tracts, don’t interact). And even if the grimdark nature of Rosenberg’s run is meant to be intentional only for “subversion”, that doesn’t mean that we should have to slog through issues of rapid-paced issues where so many “moments” happen yet so little character work actually develops. Here are a couple more:

https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...178290689?s=21
    https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...097897989?s=21

But we definitely need a chart of Hickman’s fav younger X-Men

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Talked to Ed Brisson for a while at a show today, he's a really solid dude. Was a little surprised to hear that he had never heard of Wind Dancer before the first issue of NextGen dropped, but a suppose a lot of people didn't get into New X-Men until after the Academy X was dropped. It's not like she had much in the way of relevant X-Appearances after M-Day. Only found it surprising in that I think he's handled most of them fairly well, I would have expected him to have read their earlier appearances in New Mutants/Academy X.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

how handsome was he, was he very handsome because he had the beard, was lasagna the cat with him
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    how handsome was he, was he very handsome because he had the beard, was lasagna the cat with him
    He's no Jed MacKay, but he can certainly rock a respectable beard. No cat was present.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Well him not know who Wind Dancer is makes me feel a little better, there was some speculation that she was supposed to take Anole's place as the one who stole the vial of the cure in Disassembled to cause the latest mutant genocide

Astonishing Member

I just hit me Tomura Shigaraki from my hero academia was based on Wither. And spinner might be ninja anole.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 04-20-2019 at 03:33 PM.

It makes me wonder how much effort he put into actually reading up on these characters. Which is unsurprisingly nothing.

BANNED

There were also some other responses that give the impression that his run is just gonna end up being undone, maybe by a cosmic force or some major revelation about Age of X-Man. At first, Loa and Blindfold dying sounded like it was just gonna stick but now that Strong Guy and spoilers:
    Wolfsbane, apparently
    end of spoilers are gone, I think X-Man might reverse stuff.

And him comparing Loa to the Asgardians in Infinity War was......odd. Those are two drastically different medium and it comes across as completely tone-deaf. But Age of X-Man hasn’t done anything brutal or OOC to its characters (X-Tracts, don’t interact). And even if the grimdark nature of Rosenberg’s run is meant to be intentional only for “subversion”, that doesn’t mean that we should have to slog through issues of rapid-paced issues where so many “moments” happen yet so little character work actually develops. Here are a couple more:

https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...178290689?s=21
    https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...097897989?s=21

But we definitely need a chart of Hickman’s fav younger X-Men
    The problem with Rosenberg's comments is that it doesn't even consider just how tasteless it is.

Loa was killed off unceremoniously off-panel, and all we saw of her was a corpse (and frankly, I could hardly recognize her). Her death served NO narrative purpose. In fact has she even been mentioned since? She was killed for pure shock value. And I don't care WHAT he tried to do in the backup story, (which was STILL done in incredibly bad taste) Ruth's death in the main story was a flat-out fridging. Her death's only purpose was to give Cyclops something to angst over.

All of that combines with the utter lack of respect they receive by being trapped in the school and not allowed to grow to reinforce the sense that the younger characters only exist to be cannon fodder to be killed off at a whim to give the Claremont-era core something to angst over.