Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

All right Fam its time to make Blushing Julian a meme
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I was thinking of adding quotes from some of the New X-Men to the main post. Should I go the 'iconic quotes from Hellion/Surge/Prodigy' route or just take iconic quotes from random New X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    It's super exciting. Zub really seems to get his characters, and I'm excited to see what he does with Dust. And yes it'll 100% be a missed opportunity if Sooraya doesn't get to spend quality time with Kamala and Scott by the time War of the Realms comes around
    It seems like he's already fond of her powers, I wonder if he might change them up in some way. With Dust talking about her family drama, Zub might have Sooraya find her mom (if it wasn't implied she already did) bring her mother to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm extremely excited, I tried to find a gif for it but there isn't one to capture how happy I am. Even though Surge was my #1, Dust wasn't too far behind her so we still win either way.
    Zub picked from the Academy X pile more than once and that's scary. I was initially scared that if the X-Men got rid of the school that all the kids would be screwed, but I'm certain they'd all find homes somewhere.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It seems like he's already fond of her powers, I wonder if he might change them up in some way. With Dust talking about her family drama, Zub might have Sooraya find her mom (if it wasn't implied she already did) bring her mother to the US.
    It would make sense that if the Kingmaker could track down Sooraya's mother, then Emma could as well, pretty darn quickly, and even if she *might* not do so out of the goodness of her heart, she might still not want one of her favorite students to have a potential vulnerability to exploit like that hanging over Sooraya's head (as the Kingmaker himself exploited it).

IMO, it would be ideal to just handwave that it happened in the background, and that Sooraya's mother has been a refugee resettled in America for some time now, and that Emma helped find her and bring her hear 'back when they were still talking.' (Since Emma's been off on her own strange trip more recently.)

As for 'family drama,' when they met, Sooraya's mother commented on Sooraya 'still' wearing her burqa/hijab-thingie, and said that it must be nice to live somewhere were that was a *choice,* which could be taken as a subtle dig or hint that her mother *doesn't* dress like that by choice, and might just turn out to be less-than-conservative in her choices of attire (and lifestyle) if she were free to choose. Sooraya herself would likely be appalled by her mother dressing up in what she might consider 'scandalous' clothing, which could be funny, to see the conservative teenager alarmed at what her newly liberated mother is up to!

Next wednesday is New X-Men Wednesday.

Nextgen: Armor, Anole, Pixie, Rockslide, Gentle, Match, Trance
    Amazing Nightcrawler: Hellion, Surge

Isn’t Mercury appearing somewhere at the same time too? Interesting that Hellion and Surge got out of being in the students book. Can they get that same luck when we get back to the 616 please?? Presumably Mercury and Prodigy are also in different books. Anyway, loving Age of X-Man and as far as New X-Men AU involvement goes, this is probably tied with Age of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would make sense that if the Kingmaker could track down Sooraya's mother, then Emma could as well, pretty darn quickly, and even if she *might* not do so out of the goodness of her heart, she might still not want one of her favorite students to have a potential vulnerability to exploit like that hanging over Sooraya's head (as the Kingmaker himself exploited it).

IMO, it would be ideal to just handwave that it happened in the background, and that Sooraya's mother has been a refugee resettled in America for some time now, and that Emma helped find her and bring her hear 'back when they were still talking.' (Since Emma's been off on her own strange trip more recently.)

As for 'family drama,' when they met, Sooraya's mother commented on Sooraya 'still' wearing her burqa/hijab-thingie, and said that it must be nice to live somewhere were that was a *choice,* which could be taken as a subtle dig or hint that her mother *doesn't* dress like that by choice, and might just turn out to be less-than-conservative in her choices of attire (and lifestyle) if she were free to choose. Sooraya herself would likely be appalled by her mother dressing up in what she might consider 'scandalous' clothing, which could be funny, to see the conservative teenager alarmed at what her newly liberated mother is up to!
    Yeah, having her already rescued would probably make the most sense. I would just want a flashback or something just because of how important that subplot was to Dust. Since it’s already horrible that Emma’s done nothing for the students getting hunted down, it would be a cute twist if Dust’s mom was already being housed at one of the Hellfire Club bases.

White said that three of the four kids listed were in one book and the fourth in another, so the two books in question must be Amazing Nightcrawler and Champions. So expect Mercury in Nightcrawler as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe Cessily will be working with Lady Mastermind or Mystique

I'd love for this version to learn how to alter her appearance so she could mimic other people the way Mystique shapeshifts

I imagine that’s also where Prodigy’s gonna end up. Surge, Hellion, Prodigy, Mercury, and the Cuckoos? hmmm

Age of X-Man: Nextgen #2

Figured I might as well post the preview here, too. This scene is so uncomfortable to read. ew glob.

Also, more confirmation :0)
    https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...393838083?s=21

Yeah wrong way to go about this Glob. But he's trying.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Figured I might as well post the preview here, too. This scene is so uncomfortable to read. ew glob.

Also, more confirmation :0)
    https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...393838083?s=21
    While I think he looks kinda young, I like the way Anole is drawn here. The spiked carapace looks good again. I also like the black claws.

Glob just doesn't do it for me. I don't have much enough interest in the character and would have preferred another student was used.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Well, that's garbage. Died off-panel for two characters Rosenberg then offed anyway?More lazy, unearned shock value writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, that's garbage. Died off-panel for two characters Rosenberg then offed anyway?More lazy, unearned shock value writing.
    Que? what happened?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    While I think he looks kinda young, I like the way Anole is drawn here. The spiked carapace looks good again. I also like the black claws.

Glob just doesn't do it for me. I don't have much enough interest in the character and would have preferred another student was used.
    I’m vastly more interested in Anole possibly being an X-Tract plant and whether or not this Pixie is a fake. And this is one of my fav Anole designs, To needs to be on an X-Book yesterday. Preferably a school book if that’s still possible post-AOXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    She got one panel to just show her dead body, and less than a panel of dialogue even focused on her. Unless Blindfold is secretly alive or Velocidad messes with time, she really died for NOTHING.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So, covering a girl head to toe with your wax - which base is that ?

Also, minor nitpick, but hits from an unarmored Hisako should NOT be able to elicit "ow" noises from Glob - the dude is suppose to be a tank, isn't he ?
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 03-18-2019 at 01:10 AM.