Page 7 of 137 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So what's the deal ?
    Is it true ?
    Did Loa really have information that would lead to Hillary Clinton's arrest ?

I'm hoping it's not what it looks like - it seems like a weird move to specifically include Loa in the cavalry charge just to kill her off literally an issue later. But then, maybe she bites it in the big UXM 10 brawl.

I still remember Slingshot appearing in Rosenberg's Secret Warriors just to be smashed like a tomato by Thunderball.
    Quick, crappy death to make room for Inhumans Secret Warriors.

No consequences, no Quake trying to avenge her like she tried for Coulson. No. She showed up, was killed and nobody cared.
    Just a remender that characters who are not "iconic" or are not on Marvel's "push list" are nothing more than red shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I still remember Slingshot appearing in Rosenberg's Secret Warriors just to be smashed like a tomato by Thunderball.

No consequences, no Quake trying to avenge her like she tried for Coulson. No. She showed up, was killed and nobody cared.
    Just a remender that characters who are not "iconic" or are not on Marvel's "push list" are nothing more than red shirts.
    I will never understand this. Did Matt think that like, that would endear old Hickman readers trying out his run?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Just wanna showcase how badass Loa is since she’s dying in a month:

(wouldn’t this be great if this was just another “Uncanny Avengers/Wind Dancer death” thing? no? okay.)
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-14-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Loa's dying? Wtf man

She finally comes out of hiding only to die

Rich Johnson please confirm-

Getting real sick of this tactic.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    From the previews, her precognitive visions seem to have a sepia tone with them. Plus, her visions have all (or mostly) come true, IIRC. I doubt there would even be controversy either despite her being the only brown, Hawaiian X-girl.
    Sigh. I hope it's a ruse of some sort. If we seriously just get Loa back for her to bite the dust I'll be so pissed. Why bring back a mutant long-forgotten (by editorial) just to kill them off? Hell, fans have been asking them to kill Glob, Quire, Kitty etc. in recent years- they should have led with that...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    ugh 2019 is gonna be the year of the monkey’s paw. When we get New X-Men to appear, it’s just the same four they keep pushing + Glob at the forefront. When New X-Men come back after years of not appearing, they only show up to die, get written like the writers haven’t read the many books with the characters, and get drawn inconsistently.

I just noticed that Zub said the X-girl will be joining the Champions in issue 3. That actually rules out Honey Badger since she’s already a reserve member as of issue 1. I’m keeping my Surge chances high.
    Yeah it's a real shame, given many fans of the New X-Men had high hopes for Uncanny & NextGen and it's primarily the same four at the forefront with occasional appearances from he others. Don't get me wrong, I love Pixie, Armor & Rockslide, but the writers haven't done them any favors, and the exclusion of Dust, Hellion, Surge etc. is criminal. Killing Loa off wouldn't even surprise me at this point, so soon after Anole's characterization has been derailed and his physical mutations forgotten.

As for the X-Girl in Issue 3, do we have any confirmation of whether it's a mutant from the Age of X-Man? I'm not sure how the two storylines coincide.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm hoping it's not what it looks like - it seems like a weird move to specifically include Loa in the cavalry charge just to kill her off literally an issue later. But then, maybe she bites it in the big UXM 10 brawl.
    Me too. Why show her in one panel of Issue 9 just to kill her off in Issue 10 or 11? If that were the case that's lazy writing and doesn't do her any justice in terms of the fallout.

No consequences, no Quake trying to avenge her as she tried for Coulson. No. She showed up, was killed and nobody cared.
    Just a reminder that characters who are not "iconic" or are not on Marvel's "push list" are nothing more than red shirts.
    Ugh, don't remind me. Stingray, Rage, D-Man & Eye-Boy almost suffered similar fates between Avengers & Venomverse too but those deaths were undone I believe. Don't bring back characters just to kill them off- it's lazy and a disservice to fans of the character/s who only just got them back. Not to mention revival of the more obscure characters is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So Editorial doesn't want to let them grow up because it ages the Core too much. But they're sure as hell fine with killing them off for shock value.
    That's how the Force works?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

wow Anole has his monster arm

Brisson undercover
    He's a Glob and Armor lover
    But really Glob and not no other
    And not all the kids free
    To make an ongoing be
    Can you do it, can you buy it for me?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Where did those variants come from?

Anole's eyes seem kinda terrified. Is that the point?

Being able to see Glob's intestines and pancreas in such detail is really gross

Ok I actually love those five together. I think Prodigy, Mercury, or Bling! (ie a little gayer) would've made it perfect.

I'm not a huge Loa fan, but like when it happened to Eye Boy it just seems like a bad way to go. A character being a focal character to the story and having a heroes death or no go.