Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1793
  1. #1366
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Well i will give it a shot but i do confess missing the boys and girls of New X-men.

    BTW, can someone explain to me why Kyle and Yost are so disliked? I got some heat for liking them but no one will give me a clear reason why their run is so hated.

  2. #1367
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i will give it a shot but i do confess missing the boys and girls of New X-men.

    BTW, can someone explain to me why Kyle and Yost are so disliked? I got some heat for liking them but no one will give me a clear reason why their run is so hated.
    Killing the kids in the bus for me is a big reason why some hold a bit of animus toward them but also we really loved Christina Weir and Nunzio.. I was on this board a lot back then lurking during their run but they were on here with us etc.. I was good times. Also, it was so abrupt when they lost the book and it went to Kyle and Yost.. that caused some bad blood then the bus explosions killing our favorite background characters.. like I was partial to DJ and tag.. This also came down when we had just lost all the mutants so folks were extra in their feelings.

  3. #1368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i will give it a shot but i do confess missing the boys and girls of New X-men.

    BTW, can someone explain to me why Kyle and Yost are so disliked? I got some heat for liking them but no one will give me a clear reason why their run is so hated.
    Their run on NXM is generally well-regarded, iirc. The controversial aspects are that they killed off a lot of students and the book got a kinda torture-porny after they came on (moreso once they were on X-Force). But there was a good growing-up arc in there that Marvel never followed through on.

    This Week's Comics:GI Joe #2, Marauders #1, Amazing Mary Jane #1

  4. #1369
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i will give it a shot but i do confess missing the boys and girls of New X-men.

    BTW, can someone explain to me why Kyle and Yost are so disliked? I got some heat for liking them but no one will give me a clear reason why their run is so hated.
    Their run had a lot of death and drama, with characters holding the Jerk Ball for long periods of time (Icarus, Wither, Hellion, Surge). It compares to the recent RosenCanny run, with a large amount of characters dying right after House of M already made things horrible for mutants. Basically it turned a somewhat lighter toned series with heavy shades of Harry Potter school stuff, into a grimdark crapsack world where the prevailing theme is that these kids might be the final generation of mutants and could be snuffed out at any time.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  5. #1370
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Their run had a lot of death and drama, with characters holding the Jerk Ball for long periods of time (Icarus, Wither, Hellion, Surge).
    I disagree about Hellion. KYost is where his nobler and qualities really began to be brought forward (particularly standing up for Laura against Emma and nearly killing himself to save her after she nearly died against Nimrod, and all of Mercury Falling).
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  6. #1371
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,654

    Default

    Quest for Magik redeems their run. It was just fabulous, animated storytelling at its finest (Skottie Young deserves a lot of credit there too, effectively reinventing a lot of the cast). They also had some pretty good one-liners and quips.

    I didn't really like the other arcs much, but tbh the run before it had its problems, too. I think the book lacked...restraint, perhaps? It was a book that felt like it was trying really hard to prove itself and like it is with people IRL that was kind of a turn-off.

  7. #1372
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i will give it a shot but i do confess missing the boys and girls of New X-men.

    BTW, can someone explain to me why Kyle and Yost are so disliked? I got some heat for liking them but no one will give me a clear reason why their run is so hated.
    Hated? I actually like it a lot. Having seen the rest of New X-Men that came before, I do like that roster better, overall, and aren't so pleased about the cast getting gutted in the turnover, but, on a story perspective, Kyle and Yost did it the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree about Hellion. KYost is where his nobler and qualities really began to be brought forward (particularly standing up for Laura against Emma and nearly killing himself to save her after she nearly died against Nimrod, and all of Mercury Falling).
    Ish? In retrospect, I don't really think he stopped being a jerk, was just shown to be a jerk with standards, if that makes any sense. But I am in the minority on that opinion, so what do I know?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  8. #1373
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well i will give it a shot but i do confess missing the boys and girls of New X-men.

    BTW, can someone explain to me why Kyle and Yost are so disliked? I got some heat for liking them but no one will give me a clear reason why their run is so hated.
    I don’t think it’s as hated as you think, but like others have said, it was mostly killing the characters they had been watching develop in pretty abrupt and dark ways for a teen book that was about “our squad is about to break up” and “i kissed my teacher” antics.

  9. #1374
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    I wish we had time for the other squads. I wanted to see Scott's team and Amara's. THat DJ kid looked neat.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  10. #1375
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,779

    Default

    I can’t believe we got ZERO content from Rogue’s squad


  11. #1376
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,791

    Default

    Why are they, Rogue included, dressed in standard training costumes? Each squad was supposed to have their own look, and even Dani's New Mutants team didn't wear those!

  12. #1377
    Astonishing Member King_Thor13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Time to offer some hope via wild speculation and vague evidence, Hill stated the cast of Fallen Angels will increase, some will die, and given that Laura's relationship with her friends will be explored we have a chance of them meeting up. If only there was a telekinetic that that was screwed over by the X-Men who could join them...
    I certainly believe Hellion is a likely contender to join the book after hearing this. I would guess that Archangel, Shatterstar, Frenzy, Daken, Empath & Hope Summers are also contenders, as mutants who may be disillusioned with Krakoa and such, and fit the current vibe Fallen Angels presents. All of these characters have ties to current members of the team and/or would slot into a wetworks dynamic rather well. When it comes to Warren & Joanna I'd rather they were elsewhere, but I think the rest would fit well and have interesting interactions with the Fallen Angel trio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Mrph. After Rosencanny, I feel like there should be a pause button on named character deaths for at least one calendar year. Especially where the younger characters are concerned.
    I don't know; I wouldn't say no to Quentin Quire dying a violent death in X-Force. But other than that, you're probably right. Killing off characters that will likely be restored within a couple of years, particularly for the sake of raising the stakes and/or forcefully shifting the narrative, isn't a good move. For once we have almost all of our beloved X-Men alive and well again, it'd be a shame for that to disappear so soon after achieving it.

  13. #1378
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I wish we had time for the other squads. I wanted to see Scott's team and Amara's. THat DJ kid looked neat.
    Yeah, Iceman, Beast, Storm.. I would have loved to see squads fleshed out.. Hell I wonder if someone like CeCe Reyes could have had a squad.

  14. #1379
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I can’t believe we got ZERO content from Rogue’s squad

    really? I cant name a single kid there

  15. #1380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    really? I cant name a single kid there
    Hardly a shortcoming, as none of them have names. They only ever showed up in this one background panel.

    This Week's Comics:GI Joe #2, Marauders #1, Amazing Mary Jane #1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •