Page 100 of 137 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2043

To be fair Karima hasn't betrayed the team any more often than say Polaris. And like Lorna its usually due to getting possessed by a virus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh uh I’m not pro-Cyclops in this case but I do think the entire situation and the reactions on both sides made complete sense. Karima’s an innocent ally who got forcibly transformed by Bastion, so her life would still be valued even if the threat necessitated no holding back.

Hellion has much more responsibility and maturity than Idie, who not only was 13 at the time but was already traumatized by her experiences when her powers first activated.
    Karima had disabled EVERY X-Man on Utopia. Hellion was literally the last man standing and in a position to do anything. Also, Karima's human half BEGGED him to do it. And I don't know what Hellion did to her that was more appallingly violent than Wolverine cutting her to shreds would have been (and which never would have been mentioned again).

Astonishing Member

Hellion should have been acknowleged by Hickman in some way. for most people the last time they saw Karima was that Hellion story when he almost kills her. Many readers must be thinking now, it's a shame he didnt destroy her.

Anyone else other than me is just gunna pretend this is referring to Julian and Laura
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

Anyone else other than me is just gunna pretend this is referring to Julian and Laura
    I think it could be.
    It could also be Empath and Amara.
    Or a resurrected mutant like Synch with Jubilee or Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think it could be.
    It could also be Empath and Amara.
    Or a resurrected mutant like Synch with Jubilee or Monet.
    Firework implies Jubilee and I think Skin would fit her better although I cant see Hickman caring to use him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Firework implies Jubilee and I think Skin would fit her better although I cant see Hickman caring to use him
    Hickman is a fan of Gen X, but I think Synch was romantically involved with Monet, not Jubilee.

Another poster said that the “kids are all right” is a reference to a movie with a gay couple and I’ve already poured all my emotional attachment into that happening even if it’s maybe super unlikely so I hope it’s Jubilee and Pixie even though it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Karima had disabled EVERY X-Man on Utopia. Hellion was literally the last man standing and in a position to do anything. Also, Karima's human half BEGGED him to do it. And I don't know what Hellion did to her that was more appallingly violent than Wolverine cutting her to shreds would have been (and which never would have been mentioned again).
    I’m not saying Hellion was in the wrong, but I can see Scott feeing that way about him doing that vs a Wolverine mercy killing. Logan was Scott’s personal killer at that time whereas I feel like Scott was more frightened by Julian’s lack of empathy more than anything.

BANNED

I really don't think that item is about The Kids Are Alright, though I like that movie a lot. I do think we'll see more gays.

BANNED

Mark Ruffalo’s butt is the only thing I remember from that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I really don't think that item is about The Kids Are Alright, though I like that movie a lot. I do think we'll see more gays.
    So you take pleasure in stepping on my heart? Huh??? Do you??????

BANNED

So you take pleasure in stepping on my heart? Huh??? Do you??????
    I believe in ur Living Isle of Lesbos

I’m not saying Hellion was in the wrong, but I can see Scott feeing that way about him doing that vs a Wolverine mercy killing. Logan was Scott’s personal killer at that time whereas I feel like Scott was more frightened by Julian’s lack of empathy more than anything.
    Scott being shocked by that is just another example of how poorly the X-men treated Julian and his class in general. Really shouldn't be shocked by them reacting with "Hell no, put it down and put it down hard" when something threatens them at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Scott being shocked by that is just another example of how poorly the X-men treated Julian and his class in general. Really shouldn't be shocked by them reacting with "Hell no, put it down and put it down hard" when something threatens them at that point.
    Completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I believe in ur Living Isle of Lesbos
    Thank you, Krakoa (lesbian) rights!

PEr a pal of mine

EMMA'S SON BOWL #GETHYPE
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.