Page 28 of 137 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

I was never a fan of Loa but I hope she wasn't killed off. Killing x-students has become redundant at this point. I would much prefer Loa be relegated to comic limbo rather than just getting killed off.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

So what do we think of NextGen?

I know it's small stuff, but I miss the more pragmatic and sarcastic Anole. It's like Brisson only heard of these characters through someone just dropping their whole history plot really quickly.

Also, https://twitter.com/ShadeX6/status/1093965903170027523

Looks like Blindfold being on the cover doesn't really mean much anyway (unless it's a misdirect). Everyone else is just some of the fav X-students + important cast members

What if... editors made it clear what characters can't be used to artists before they start group cover commissions?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Is Ernst still in limbo? I want to believe her limbo is related to the return of Cassandra Nova somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What if... editors made it clear what characters can't be used to artists before they start group cover commissions?
    If editorial can't even be bothered to check the names of their characters, I doubt they give a rat's ass about covers meaning anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If editorial can't even be bothered to check the names of their characters, I doubt they give a rat's ass about covers meaning anything.
    Or maintain consistent design sheets. Or characterization. Or continuity.

I love To's Rockslide & Shark Girl. They look primed for huggles and squunching.

Ultimate Member

Ugh.

Now I'm going to have thoughts about Glob eating, and how everyone at the table can see the masticated mush sliding down his esophagus into his stomach.

Which is surely a metaphor for something, but self does not have time for this.

So anyone want to take a stab at what the **** Northstar was talking about?

My interpretation of the dialogue is: Jean Paul teasing Vic about a physical altercation between he and Santo, prior to Vic's leaving Xavier's.
    He was implying Vic's motivation for the altercation could be unresolved romantic feelings -- a crush -- but that was just Jean Paul being snarky, which is completely on brand for Mr Beaubier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    My interpretation of the dialogue is: Jean Paul teasing Vic about a physical altercation between he and Santo, prior to Vic's leaving Xavier's.
    He was implying Vic's motivation for the altercation could be unresolved romantic feelings -- a crush -- but that was just Jean Paul being snarky, which is completely on brand for Mr Beaubier.
    I disagree in this instance. Jean-Paul is snarky, but he's also not an idiot or devoid of empathy - he was also a confused, angry runaway himself at one point. I thought Young's characterization of him here - clueless as how to approach Victor and spouting platitudes - was just god-awful. There was a good idea here, holding the X-Men responsible for the kids they essentially abandoned, but the absolute wrong adult character was chosen to spout the spandex-lifer party line so Vic could have someone to rebel against. Cyclops, Iceman, Beast - any one of those would have been a much better fit.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-12-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks for realistically crushing my VicSanto dreams. ANYWAY, the complete collection of Childhood’s End just came out (the link if you want to order it is on the first page). For some reason I didn’t think they would include the House of M tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I love To's Rockslide & Shark Girl. They look primed for huggles and squunching.
    i
    wanna
    squeeze
    that
    shark
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Thanks for realistically crushing my VicSanto dreams. ANYWAY, the complete collection of Childhood’s End just came out (the link if you want to order it is on the first page). For some reason I didn’t think they would include the House of M tie-ins.
    Weirdly enough, neither did I.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i
    wanna
    squeeze
    that
    shark
    Hellion squeezed that Shark.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.