Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1625
  1. #1
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Betsy Braddock: Psylocke/Captain Britain Appreciation 2019

    Welcome to the new Betsy Braddock Appreciation thread for 2019!

    This is the thread to discuss everyone's favorite purple-haired telepath! Born a mutant with the blood of Otherworld flowing through her veins, she has dedicated her life to fighting those who hate her and protecting a world that fears her. A staple member of the X-Men and X-Force, and now Excalibur, this is the tread dedicated to Betsy Braddock!


    #psylocke #appreciation #captainbritain #excalibur #xmen #betsybraddock #elizabethbraddock



    Name: Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock
    Codename: Captain Britain; formerly Psylocke
    Powers: Telepathy and Telekinesis
    Affiliation: X-Men, X-Force, Exiles, Excalibur

    Created By: Chris Claremont and Herb Trimpe
    First Appeared In: Captain Britain #8 (December 1976)
    Trending Topics:

    • Betsy as Captain Britain
    • Mutant Magic
    • Betsy x Warren
    • What's Betsy's Sexuality?
    • The Infamous Body Swap
    • Betsy as Captain Britain vs. Kwannon as Psylocke
    • Favorite Costume?

    Currently Appearing In:



    Most Recently Appeared In:

    • X-Men Disassembled (Uncanny X-Men #1-#10 (2018))
    • Age of X-Man: X-Tremists #1-#5 (2019)

    Essential Reading:

    • New Mutants Annual #2, X-Men Annual #10
    • Uncanny X-Men #211-213
    • Uncanny X-Men #225-227, 229
    • Uncanny X-Men #251, 256-258
    • Excalibur (1988) #55-56
    • X-Men (1991) #17-22
    • X-Men (1991) #31-32
    • X-Treme X-Men (2001) #1-4
    • Uncanny X-Men #455-465
    • Uncanny X-Men #472-474
    • Uncanny X-Men #508-511
    • Psylocke (2009) #1-4
    • Uncanny X-Force (2010) #1-35
    • X-Men (2013) #1-26
    • Uncanny X-Force (2013) #1-15, Cable and X-Force (2013) #18, Uncanny X-Force (2013) #16, Cable and X-Force (2013) #19, Uncanny X-Force (2013) #17
    • X-Force (2014) #1-15
    • Uncanny X-Men (2015) #1-19
    • Astonishing X-Men (2017) #1-12
    • Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #1-4
    • Uncanny X-Men (2018) #1-#10,
    • Age Of X-Man: X-Tremists (2019) #1-#5



    As we close out the year of 2019 . . .
    Let's celebrate what we loved most of Betsy's adventures in 2018 and what we're most hopeful for her new role as Captain Britain!


    It's been a roller coaster of a ride for Betsy as her major contribution to Astonishing X-Men was concluded, the shocking body swap that occurred in Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor, and the family reunion she had for the holidays in Merry X-Men Holiday Special. The end of 2018 showcased her as the team's premiere telepath alongside Jean Grey in the comeback of Uncanny X-Men in the weekly series of Disassembled. In the recent Age of X-Man crossover, Betsy led the team of The X-Tremists in her role to eradicate love from society using her telepathy. Now that the X-Men have returned, it's time for them to enter a new seminal era-- Krakoa. Covered in Jonathan Hickman's House of X and Powers of X, the mutants of the Marvel Universe are building their own society and civilization on the islands of Krakoa. It's time for them to unite as one and develop their culture, economy, and politics among other factors in building a nation.



    Reading in Preparation for Excalibur:




    Resources:

    Last edited by gifted; 10-20-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  2. #2

    Default Betsy Braddock: Psylocke Appreciation 2019

    Continued from the previous thread. This is the thread to discuss everyone's favorite psychic ninja. Born a mutant with the blood of Otherworld flowing through her veins, Betsy Braddock has dedicated her life to fighting those who hate her and protecting a world that fears her. A staple member of the X-men and X-Force, this is the thread dedicated to PSYLOCKE - Psycwave.



  3. #3
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Pretty decent read today. Glad to see Betsy having some good moments. Since we had to go 2 whole weeks without her.....

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,284

    Default

    Wow, amazing opening post

  5. #5
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, amazing opening post
    Thank you! Betsy is my girl, so I wanted to make sure we have a pretty poppin' thread up in here. For Betsy, it's less 2019 and more like 20fineteen.

    Also, I honestly, without bias, have to say that Betsy is one of the few highlights of the poorly constructed Disassembled. She's been given a voice in a large ensemble of characters, where many of them are being written as wallpaper. The team is giving her the role of premiere telepath, where as Jean is more of a compliment to Betsy in terms of role. Jean already gets the role of leader here, so I'm glad she they're spreading out the love and letting Betsy do more of the telepath work.

    I love that she has her own opinions. A few issues ago, she was commanding Ororos's squad. In this latest issue, she 1) would rather focus on finding the kids than take care of Legion, and 2) wants to stop playing with her teammates' minds. She's been shown to have emotional vulnerability when it comes to Warren. And Leah Williams have been calling X-Tremists purple hair porn. So, I'm sure there's going to be lots of Betsy in it.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  6. #6

    Default

    Queen of striking Bishop with a psychic sword just like good old times

  7. #7
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Thank you! Betsy is my girl, so I wanted to make sure we have a pretty poppin' thread up in here. For Betsy, it's less 2019 and more like 20fineteen.

    Also, I honestly, without bias, have to say that Betsy is one of the few highlights of the poorly constructed Disassembled. She's been given a voice in a large ensemble of characters, where many of them are being written as wallpaper. The team is giving her the role of premiere telepath, where as Jean is more of a compliment to Betsy in terms of role. Jean already gets the role of leader here, so I'm glad she they're spreading out the love and letting Betsy do more of the telepath work.

    I love that she has her own opinions. A few issues ago, she was commanding Ororos's squad. In this latest issue, she 1) would rather focus on finding the kids than take care of Legion, and 2) wants to stop playing with her teammates' minds. She's been shown to have emotional vulnerability when it comes to Warren. And Leah Williams have been calling X-Tremists purple hair porn. So, I'm sure there's going to be lots of Betsy in it.
    Agreed!
    2019 is looking up to be a great year for Betsy. And phenomenal opening post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Queen of striking Bishop with a psychic sword just like good old times
    This should become a tradition.

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    613

    Default

    I haven't seen much Betsy since her change back to caucasian. Is she still a capable fighter or has she lost everything from her Kwannon-body era?
    Either way I would prefer her to be the strategist she was back in her Uncanny X-Men days than the thrill-seeker she became! I've seen an image of her with sword and board, it looks pretty impressing, like a british knight, I like the sword and board style cause she's able to fight and protect unlike the psychic knife which is pure offence!
    Don't like the costume though, to much color scheme!

  9. #9
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Queen of striking Bishop with a psychic sword just like good old times
    That top panel though. Why didn't they color her eyes, she looks blind there to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I haven't seen much Betsy since her change back to caucasian. Is she still a capable fighter or has she lost everything from her Kwannon-body era?
    Either way I would prefer her to be the strategist she was back in her Uncanny X-Men days than the thrill-seeker she became! I've seen an image of her with sword and board, it looks pretty impressing, like a british knight, I like the sword and board style cause she's able to fight and protect unlike the psychic knife which is pure offence!
    Don't like the costume though, to much color scheme!
    She is definetly strategic. We have seen that in Uncanny and Mystery In Madripor. It was very nostalgic and chock full of nods to pre Kwannon Betsy. As far as fighting abilities. It has not been connonicaly shown. But I believe they have stated she would still have them. The only thing said was Jubilee asked if she still was who she was through all that and she said yes Just back to her old body. So I guess we shall see..
    Last edited by Psy; 01-02-2019 at 11:26 AM.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    That top panel though. Why didn't they color her eyes, she looks blind there to be honest.

    She is definetly strategic. We have seen that in Uncanny and Mystery In Madripor. It was very nostalgic and chock full of nods to pre Kwannon Betsy. As far as fighting abilities. It has not been connonicaly shown. But I believe they have stated she would still have them. The only thing said was Jubilee asked if she still was who she was through all that and she said yes Just back to her old body. So I guess we shall see..
    Well thank you! Anyway before the change she was already able to hold her own against sabertooth! I hope she keeps a part of her fighter training because before her change to Kwannon body she was so eager to be more capable physically (hence the armor!) it would be painful to see her stripped of that entirely.
    Good thing they resurrected Kwannon too, so that everyone is pleased!
    psylocke-runs-from-creed.jpg
    Last edited by mogwen; 01-02-2019 at 11:39 AM.

  11. #11
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Also, this issue of Uncanny gave us our first 2019 butt shot of Betsy. Asslocke’s reign continues!

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Betsy with a sword and shield is everything. I'm loving the knight approach.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    I play as her in SNES X-Men Mutant Apocalypse and then Marvel vs Capcom. That's about the only thing I know about her.

    2161920-X-MEN_MUTANT_APOCALYPSE_38.jpg

    Well, I heard she used to be British and something happened and now she's Asian. When I browsed her real name it looks familiar, and yeah she turned out to be Captain Britain's sister. That surprised me.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,354

    Default

    She was originally British, then later on got mixed with Kwannon an Asian woman and Betsy ended up in the more Asian looking body of the two, some people got mad about that for years and recently she got changed back by somehow knowing both that she had the power to do it and how to remake her own old English body out of thin air so she's English again...she Captain Britain's twin sister actually, she originally was blonde and then began to dye it purple...now though it seems that her hair is totally purple and no need to dye it anymore...

  15. #15
    Hey slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Assssssslocke yass.

    Even tho she ain't been doin too much, I feel really spoiled getting to see her drawn by so many different artists already. I can't wait til she's a lead on her own ongoing with a consistent artist!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •