Page 11 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I've still got my fingers crossed that what we're seeing is a vision of Ruth's. The whole scene looks a bit dreamy and displaced with all the background blotted out by snow. I really don't want this new era to be Young X-Men all over again.
    Looks like there might be a guy snipping the remaining mutants. Cause we have that same snowy backdrop in this scan:

*sigh*

Yeah, that would seem to cinch it. You know, I think it may be time for me to check out of this franchise. AoXM looks like a great jumping-off point in a lot of ways; a little AU to cleanse the palate, then cheery bye.

I'd say it looks like we're rolling back into the same grimdark cycle of extinction events, but it doesn't feel like we ever really left. We just had ten issues of story where one of the major themes was how the X-Men keep failing their literal and figurative progeny, and it looks like no one's going to learn from that. And now it looks like we're going back to the well of killing off kid characters to give the story any kind of stakes.

Mostly, I'm just tired of being depressed, anxious, or disappointed when characters I still like show up. And as much at I was looking forward to The X-Tremists, I doubt it's going to help with that very much. This? Almost certainly not.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-18-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    My thread was deleted for some reason , but anyway , why is no one talking about this?!
    Attachment 77078
    RIP LOA!
    Why do you say RIP Loa??? How do you think Loa does?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Amazing Member

*sigh*

Yeah, that would seem to cinch it. You know, I think it may be time for me to check out of this franchise. AoXM looks like a great jumping-off point in a lot of ways; a little AU to cleanse the palate, then cheery bye.

I'd say it looks like we're rolling back into the same grimdark cycle of extinction events, but it doesn't feel like we ever really left. We just had ten issues of story where one of the major themes was how the X-Men keep failing their literal and figurative progeny, and it looks like no one's going to learn from that. And now it looks like we're going back to the well of killing off kid characters to give the story any kind of stakes.

Mostly, I'm just tired of being depressed, anxious, or disappointed when characters I still like show up. And as much at I was looking forward to The X-Tremists, I doubt it's going to help with that very much. This? Almost certainly not.
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. I remember the time when I had fun reading X-men comics. Now it's just depressing. If the creators don't care about the characters why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Fildro View Post
    Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. I remember the time when I had fun reading X-men comics. Now it's just depressing. If the creators don't care about the characters why should I?
    I don't think it's that writers don't care about the characters. It's just that 1) the A-and-B-listers are always protected by their popularity and 2) when it comes to third-tier and below characters, the writers care about their faves and all others are expendable. Which is a problem when you're like me, and most of your favorites would struggle to make the C-list.

Amazing Member

I don't think it's that writers don't care about the characters. It's just that 1) the A-and-B-listers are always protected by their popularity and 2) when it comes to third-tier and below characters, the writers care about their faves and all others are expendable. Which is a problem when you're like me, and most of your favorites would struggle to make the C-list.
    Yes, I think you are right. I like the old characters (A+B listers) but for me it gets tired to read always about the same characters. When are intruceded new characters I'm always curious to learn about their development and potential so I used to get attached to them. The least group that I get attached was the new X-men but it's just sad to see them die slowly. And they are making the the X-men look like the worst teachers ever don't protect their student and don't teach them how to fight and survive.
    I know that new characters were intruduced but I will not get attached to them because I know that they will eventually die for shock value.
    But at least Maggot are back

BANNED

Well, he mentioned both Ric and Prodigy, and we saw them at the fight. So I'm guessing the reason he couldn't use either of them in because they're floating around AoXM somewhere.
    Mmm, they were present, weren't they. I'd imagine of the Age of X-Man titles, Ric is most likely a Prisoner X and Prodigy a NextGen.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The worst part about it, is that when Anole eventually comes back, he either won’t give a rat’s ass about them dying or their deaths get blamed on him. Either way, this sucks. Now I’m convinced they haven’t read New X-Men, not even to skim it.
    Anole got the short end of the stick that's for sure. It's sad to see- he's a pale reflection of who he used to be.

Rosenberg said he wasn’t writing David a little bit ago, plus he was one of the ones who was raptured away. He may show up in a title like X-Tremists as someone giving them their missions or tech support w/ Forge. With his new, anarchist design, Ric joining Poccy’s band of revolutionaries would be great. Not the same brand of leftists, but nevertheless, they want the same thing.
    A role bigger than a cameo in NextGen would be great. We'll see what happens.

I'd sooner have Ric on Prisoner X, just because that's the title I'm going to be picking up, whereas I'm skipping Xtracts.

You're not wrong. The A/B-Listers will remain, and beyond that its writers choice, anyone else is expendable and/or forgettable. I'm with you on that too, a lot of my faves are forgotten and it's a damn shame.

Late-breaking thought: Can't Josh resurrect people these days? And Loa is his kind-of ex...

Late-breaking thought: Can't Josh resurrect people these days? And Loa is his kind-of ex...
    Why doesn't anyone tell how comes they say Loa will die??

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why doesn't anyone tell how comes they say Loa will die??
    Because someone who's either Loa or her twin sister in one of the preview pages for UXM 11, on the ground and covered in blood. Try looking back a few pages, MoS.

Plus,

Maybe he's trying to catch up to Brisson on the WOC fridging.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Because someone who's either Loa or her twin sister in one of the preview pages for UXM 11, on the ground and covered in blood. Try looking back a few pages, MoS.
    I did but cannot find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I did but cannot find it.
    Here, handsome:

I did not see her in it. Now I do. Sad, very sad.

I fear now for Indra, Trance and Match