Page 27 of 137 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    You know what kinda twists my nipple a bit?
    You bet I would.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There's a good bit of differences between how the two were handled. She didn't just jump in as Hellion's new GF, and replace everyone's BFFs on the writers' whim. Her relationships with Hellion, Mercury, and Dust took some time to develop. Whereas writers just dropped Glob in as Anole's new BFF in place of Rockslide (or with Santo in place of Anole). Nor did her powerset supplant any other member of the team, like Glob has been used as a low-rent Rockslide tank. And New X-Men remained an ensemble book where she was part of the team rather than a stealth X-23 solo (when you look objectively at the story arcs after KYost took over, rather than through the filter of resentment of favorites like Sofia and Tag being depowered, the only story that was ACTUALLY centered around Laura was Mercury Falling).
    Glob and co. have hardly had enough focus to be shoved down anyone’s throats (and Glob predates Rockslide).

Laura did become primary love interest, point of concern, and the underdog heroine (including OTT mistreatment by Hellion and Emma) in Academy X. She was certainly given an instant pedastal by her creators who took over an existing team title versus Glob being used as an occasional gag and pity party across several titles.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Still, I think it's a an odd coincidence that the girl with a similar name as Laura got killed, and the one in a (horribily cliché) relationship with Hellion got depowered.
    *eyeball emoji*

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Glob and co. have hardly had enough focus to be shoved down anyone’s throats (and Glob predates Rockslide).

Laura did become primary love interest, point of concern, and the underdog heroine (including OTT mistreatment by Hellion and Emma) in Academy X. She was certainly given an instant pedastal by her creators who took over an existing team title versus Glob being used as an occasional gag and pity party across several titles.

*eyeball emoji*
    Glob may predate Rockslide, but his personality back in Morrison's run is completely unrecognizable from what he is now. They've transplanted Rockslide's friendship with Anole onto him, as well as his faith and loyalty for his fellow classmates, his role as team bruiser and jokester. Those are all traits I associate with Santo (aka Vic apparently) rather than the Glob from the Riot at Xavier's.

And Glob has had some fairly consistent focus since Aaron's WATXM, more than most of the NXM. Spider-Man and the X-Men, Extraordinary X-Men, that arc in Old Man Logan where he got catfished into becoming a Suicide Bomber, Uncanny Disassembled (where we got a scene where he literally shoved his fist down a throat and choked out someone who shouldn't even have lungs), he's even has a supporting role in Dead Man Logan, and now NextGen which is explicitly going to be focused on him as the only one who remembers the old world and knows something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Pre-dating the character means nothing.
    And yeah, they have. Ever since Wolverine and the X-men, Glob and co have been repeatedly shoved into roles other students normally occupy and taking roster slots in teams and stories. Heck, he's even Old Man Logan's sidekick among the X-kids now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    You bet I would.
    Damn Double GG...bye me a drink first lol
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Glob is the future leader of the X-Men, yall better show him some respect.

All-New Member

Sign of Hope for Loa?! E351FF5F-F8C8-4903-9F4C-286DD8B6EEF5.jpgOr just more weaselly dissembling?!

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuanLaban View Post
    Sign of Hope for Loa?! E351FF5F-F8C8-4903-9F4C-286DD8B6EEF5.jpgOr just more weaselly dissembling?!
    Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

*NVM this was just him dodging it before UXM 11 dropped so it didn’t get any backlash.
    Last edited by Tycon; 02-08-2019 at 11:30 PM.

I hope so, she didn't deserve that

I shall join in the succing of whatever hope we can find from the teat of Rosenberg's tweets.

When was this tweeted?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    *NVM this was just him dodging it before UXM 11 dropped so it didn’t get any backlash.
    damn
    Got my hopes up.

Never have faith in RosenTwitter.

It's every day, bro.

All-New Member

January 20, and its February 9 now , rrrrrrreeeeee