Page 30 of 137 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

I have a fondness for her. I did read WatXM up to AvX. She along with Broo and amazingly Eye-boy were the few I enjoyed.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Who did we hate from Aaron’s run?

Also, I’m a big fan of Hope’s lights and wish that thread went somewhere :/

Generation Hope were basically the younger siblings of the New X-Men.

From Aaron's run, I wasn't really fond of:

-Kid Gladiator (i think he works better as an ex-student who had to choose responsibilities over friendship)

-Eye-Boy (idk what my beef with him is......i guess i never got the appeal. seems like the only reason he's around is to have the x-men look like actual mutants, but beyond that????)

-Quentin Quire (never seems to be held accountable for anything he does. yet as soon as a woman on the new x-men does anything, they get bombarded with "oh she's a b****" or "what a sl*t")

I wish Sprite got more characterization beyond her just being a stereotype, because I really love her design

I really need to read Generation Hope.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I really need to read Generation Hope.
    They're probably the most dysfunctional team by far. They borderline hate each other, threaten to/attempt to kill the X-Seniors all the time, are generally super rude to anyone, and are completely brash and quick to attack. They're the team that X-Twitter thinks the New X-Men are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    House of M was definitely the most.....interesting take on the students. I know 616 Cess was always ready to punch her over the SMALLEST thing it was so funny.
    They roomed together briefly. It didn't work out

They're probably the most dysfunctional team by far. They borderline hate each other, threaten to/attempt to kill the X-Seniors all the time, are generally super rude to anyone, and are completely brash and quick to attack. They're the team that X-Twitter thinks the New X-Men are.
    That depresses me.

Also how does that describe any of the NXM in anyway?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I have a fondness for her. I did read WatXM up to AvX. She along with Broo and amazingly Eye-boy were the few I enjoyed.
    Did you know Aaron brought Broo into Avengers? He's part of the team's support staff.

We love Shark Girl. I do hate when these heathens call her Shark ****. She should be an honorary New X-Man. Actually so should Oya. And Genesis. And Broo. Basically all the good X-Men from Aaron’s run. Don’t take me seriously. But also please do.

Wait, if she can transform between human and shark forms, why does she only ever appear in shark form nowadays?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-14-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you know Aaron brought Broo into Avengers? He's part of the team's support staff.
    Ugh...I do now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, if she can transform between human and shark forms, why does she only ever appear in shark form nowadays?

The art was far and away the highlight of NextGen #1 for me. It was one of Brisson's better works, and Age of X-Man has been solidly consistent so far, but I just don't feel like Glob has enough wax on his bones to carry the weight of a story. I like him, and he's great for a moment here and there (or even the catfishing arc in OML, that was cool) but I can't condone him supplanting the Anole/Rockslide friendship, and I'd rather see other X-Kids get a shot.

I'm not even saying that he overwhelmed the story or anything as Armor and Pixie got moments, but I just think there are stronger candidates to play his role*. We'll see though, it could be his Magnum Glopus.

*In a vacuum since Disassembled led into this Glob storyline.

I don't hate any X-kids, I think the only X-Men character I really dislike (outside of a response to prolonged oversaturation, Logan-style) is Ink, and that's mostly due to Guggenheim.

The hate over WatXM was justified: You had a lot of Academy X era students waiting to go in a team, and then boom: Shark-girl, Sprite, Broo, Eye boy , Kid Gladiator, Glob trying to remplace these students. With the poor writing of the run....

Also: 150091.jpg

I don't even know that we can blame WatXM for Glob - I mean, he was a real jerk there too. Aaron needed a bunch of losers and twerps to make Quire look better, and lumped Hellion and Rockslide in with Glob and the Hellfire Brats for that purpose. But it's not like Glob was suddenly one of the good guys there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    the same happened with Sasquatch, for years Marvel only used him in his Sasquatch form, as if they had forgotten he can turn into human scientist Langkowski, recently it was used as a plot point in the great Immortal Hulk book.

Thread relevant but completely veering off topic from the current discussion of who is garbage and how come.....

JUSTICE FOR WIND DANCER! RESTORE SOFIA, IN ALL HER VENEZUELAN, AIR BENDING, EAVESDROPPING, GLORY!!