Page 99 of 137 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2043

I am looking at some of the debates around HoX/PoX and I am realizing that the one thing I love most about the X-Men is how it gets everyone discussing the actual ramifications of what is happening to the X-Men. Groups like the Avengers and Fantastic Four are all about being heroes, the X-Men are about being a people. X-Men comics even when they are outrageous action have a layer of politics in almost every issue. Even when dealing with some of their space missions there is politics involved in the X-Men, except maybe when they fight the brood, those guys are just super scary aliens that like to use mutants as breeding hosts for their eggs.

But overall the X-books are political and they always have been.
    1. Magneto and the Brotherhood - represent mutant freedom fighting and extremism
    2. Hellfire Club - represents mutants trying to fight the humans through economic and political corruption

Even the enemies of the X-Men play politics more so than most of the other villains of other books. This is why there are often times the X-Men and their enemies even end up on the same side quite a bit. I even go back to when the X-Men and Hellfire Club were fighting in Central Park and they all end up getting attacked by Nimrod and are forced to ally together to take Nimrod down. At the end of the conflict Tessa makes an agreement with Storm to allow the X-men to stay in the Hellfire Club headquarters to recover from the battle and to avoid detection by the local police. This ended up leading to a later point where Tessa and Emma asked Storm and Magneto to join the Hellfire Club and represent the X-men at meetings.

She looks taller than her armor

The Champions aren't done yet. They're on an Incoming teaser. It only shows Ms. Marvel, Ironheart, Spider-Man, Nova, Brawn and Viv Vision though, so we don't know if Dust and the rest of the expanded team will still be around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am looking at some of the debates around HoX/PoX and I am realizing that the one thing I love most about the X-Men is how it gets everyone discussing the actual ramifications of what is happening to the X-Men. Groups like the Avengers and Fantastic Four are all about being heroes, the X-Men are about being a people. X-Men comics even when they are outrageous action have a layer of politics in almost every issue. Even when dealing with some of their space missions there is politics involved in the X-Men, except maybe when they fight the brood, those guys are just super scary aliens that like to use mutants as breeding hosts for their eggs.

But overall the X-books are political and they always have been.
    1. Magneto and the Brotherhood - represent mutant freedom fighting and extremism
    2. Hellfire Club - represents mutants trying to fight the humans through economic and political corruption

Even the enemies of the X-Men play politics more so than most of the other villains of other books. This is why there are often times the X-Men and their enemies even end up on the same side quite a bit. I even go back to when the X-Men and Hellfire Club were fighting in Central Park and they all end up getting attacked by Nimrod and are forced to ally together to take Nimrod down. At the end of the conflict Tessa makes an agreement with Storm to allow the X-men to stay in the Hellfire Club headquarters to recover from the battle and to avoid detection by the local police. This ended up leading to a later point where Tessa and Emma asked Storm and Magneto to join the Hellfire Club and represent the X-men at meetings.
    this is true, it's also why I didnt like the character assasination of Shaw by Fraction (that ended with Emma deleting all his memories)
    He turned him into a Sabretooth style character that killed prostitutes for fun, he was never that kind of villain.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    this is true, it's also why I didnt like the character assasination of Shaw by Fraction (that ended with Emma deleting all his memories)
    He turned him into a Sabretooth style character that killed prostitutes for fun, he was never that kind of villain.
    well...

He was an arms dealer selling Sentinels to the world governments and making profits off a weapon to kill mutants. I never got that at all, he was the only one involved in that stuff too. Emma, Tessa, and Leland were never involved in Sentinels, just Shaw was. The other part of it I didn't understand is that Shaw was able to get Leland, Emma, and Tessa to help him take the club from the Langs (former White King and White Queen) with the intention of getting the Hellfire Club out of investing in the Sentinel program. Then Shaw turns around and puts money into Sentinels himself, and he didn't even have a scheme for the Sentinels to turn on the humans and protect mutants, he was truly selling his own race out by selling genocidal weapons that target mutants.

Some of the stories from that era in regards to the Hellfire Club don't make a lot of sense when you look too closely. Emma's story made moderate sense, she created a school to rival the Xavier Institute and recruit her own mutant children. That at least made a modicum of sense, although Emma being a bit sociopathic during that time doesn't make sense. Hence with the retcons for Emma's history, although I don't like how much they make her play victim to Shaw. Although, on the other hand Emma did get Magneto and Storm to help her oust Shaw from the Hellfire Club, so it's not like Shaw was one of her favorite people even back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh yeah, a couple of NXM made some appearances last week.

HOX #3: While Esme, Sophie, and White Queen are out freeing Sabretooth for “Bring Your Daughters to Work Day”, Celeste, Mindee, and Phoebe are helping Xavier reach communication with Jean. The Five-In-One are working hard in this event.

Champions #9: One more issue left :^( Dust and all the nuChampions get possessed by Blackheart and beat the crap out of Ammy

also Armor gets an action figure variant for POX6

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!
    Also: MAD APPRECIATION for the artist in successfully conveying that Hisako is in fact ASIAN. Well done.

Technically, that's not her first look. The first costume was similar, but had sleeves - it was one of Kitty's spares. She ended up ripping the sleeves off because they were too long for her, resulting in that look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the big g View Post
    hellion was right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Ok what the heck is this? Why does Scott give a care for Karima? Why is he berating Hellion for his actions but didn't do the same to Idie in Schism?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Ok what the heck is this? Why does Scott give a care for Karima? Why is he berating Hellion for his actions but didn't do the same to Idie in Schism?
    Oh uh I’m not pro-Cyclops in this case but I do think the entire situation and the reactions on both sides made complete sense. Karima’s an innocent ally who got forcibly transformed by Bastion, so her life would still be valued even if the threat necessitated no holding back.

Hellion has much more responsibility and maturity than Idie, who not only was 13 at the time but was already traumatized by her experiences when her powers first activated.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-11-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Julian was just crippled...they should have never brought him out there in the first place. Dude needed Mental/physical therapy
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Karina is a damn sentinel. I don’t get why the X-men keep trying to rehabilitate her when she betrays them in nearly every story she appears in. It’s not like she’s even really close to anyone that they’d care and keep giving multiple chances

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Julian was just crippled...they should have never brought him out there in the first place. Dude needed Mental/physical therapy
    X-Men really do suck at giving students what they need. (inserts scene of Emma and Colossus thinking it's a good time to train the New X-Men after seeing their friends blown up instead of giving them therapy)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh uh I’m not pro-Cyclops in this case but I do think the entire situation and the reactions on both sides made complete sense. Karima’s an innocent ally who got forcibly transformed by Bastion, so her life would still be valued even if the threat necessitated no holding back.

Hellion has much more responsibility and maturity than Idie, who not only was 13 at the time but was already traumatized by her experiences when her powers first activated.
    While true Karima has Sentinel in her. Around Sentinels, always watch your back. Has Scott Learned nothing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.