Page 94 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2043
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats why I dont think its surprising we didnt see more with Rogue and them. Its not like Karma or Gambit's squads which consisted of D-listers but they at least were named and actual characters
    Pretty sure all the New X-Men are D-listers unless they were created elsewhere and lumped in (like Armor or QQ).

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Pretty sure all the New X-Men are D-listers unless they were created elsewhere and lumped in (like Armor or QQ).
    D-listers that were used. Rogue's squad was Z-list

Meh, I’d say C-Listers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Meh, I’d say C-Listers.
    Not Gambit and Karma's squads. They were background D-listers back then

Not Gambit and Karma's squads. They were background D-listers back then
    Oh yeah, most of them never got their spotlight. poor Rubbermaid. But at least Bling! and Anole got their due.

Rubber Maid was always going to fall by the wayside even if she did get more focus back then. She had the same powers as Reed Richards right? That means she'd be too similar to Ms. Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I soooo wanted to see more of Spectre. Such a cool power.

Dryad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rubber Maid was always going to fall by the wayside even if she did get more focus back then. She had the same powers as Reed Richards right? That means she'd be too similar to Ms. Marvel.
    She could’ve been mutant Luffy or just forced writers to make her more visually and powerset-wise distinctive from other stretchies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    different franchises with little overlap. I highly doubt Ms. Marvel, a character whom didnt even exist then, would be the reason she'd fall by the wayside. I dont think powers is the reason why these kids arent used
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I soooo wanted to see more of Spectre. Such a cool power.

Dryad too.
    Dryad was potentially interesting, since her father seemed to be the designer of the 'hedge maze' used in the squad competitions, and to have shared / passed down her mutation. Parents and children with the same powers are intriguing, and the examples are usually higher profile (Jean and Rachel, Sean and Theresa, Logan and Daken, Erik and Lorna). It's a huge disappointment that Scott's 'Corsairs' team got so little play, given that Specter and Dryad were so intriguing, and all we saw were those damn Cuckoos (who are, in a book that already has Emma in it, kind of wasted, IMO, since that seems to be all they are good for, is bringing some half-strength Emma to the table).

But yeah, we never even got a listing of the members Beast or Storm's teams (other than the occasional member, like Angel Salvatore for Beast, or Gentle for Storm). And were there teams we never even heard mentioned? About a hundred students were up for grabs. Did Bishop have a squad, and run them like a military academy, to the dread of anyone assigned him as an advisor? Did Madison Jeffries have a team of mostly Canadian mutants (Laura Dean, Goblyn, Manikin, etc?). Was Dazzler the popular mentor for the 'Superstars?' Did Polaris have a squad?

Ultimate Member

Didnt franchises with little overlap. I highly doubt Ms. Marvel, a character whom didnt even exist then, would be the reason she'd fall by the wayside. I don't think powers is the reason why these kids arent used
    Agreed. The amazing use of Elasti-Girl suggests that stretching can be a pretty dynamic power, when not confined to the static page. Rubbermaid could have really popped on the (animated) screen. Plus the other characters seen with Rubbermaid, like Gloom, Tantra and Overlay, didn't get much re-use, either, and they had more unique abilities.

Plus it's not like duplicates with other characters ever stopped the X-Men. Firestar and Sunfire don't do anything that Johnny Storm doesn't do, and there similarity to him isn't why they don't get much play (heck, Inferno wouldn't the only NuHuman other than Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl to make it out of the Inhuman ghetto and be part of Marvel Rising, if they felt that his similarity to the Torch was an issue), and there's not much difference between Colossus and the Thing (both have an solid alternate body form, in which they are vastly stronger and tougher).

There are always some twists or particularities to be added to a powerset. Especially with young mutants whose power is growing.

Rubbermaid could have the ability to be more resistant the more she stretches.
    Or she could have been specialized into tying people up or constricting them. Maybe with the ability to even bind intangible beings.

Dryad could have been the Kurama/Usopp of New X-Men. Carrying several seeds, including some from Tabula Rasa or alien worlds, that she could throw at people and make grow into plants.

Tag could have been able to tag objects. Tag "repulsion" to a door and nobody can go through it. Tag "attraction" to a hand grenade and people go fetch it, even if it explodes in their face.

But the biggest waste will always be DJ's powers.

BTW, I checked the wikia and the powers of the depowered mutants are not listed. It's just a "none, they were depowered"
    Was it always like that or did somebody remove the power descriptions? Why not list them as "former powers"?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brian...th-616)#Powers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Tag could have been able to tag objects. Tag "repulsion" to a door and nobody can go through it. Tag "attraction" to a hand grenade and people go fetch it, even if it explodes in their face.
    I thought he COULD. I'm pretty sure he tagged that MacGuffin the Hellions helped Kingmaker steal (and then screwed him over when they learned how wrong what they did was) in their miniseries.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    There are always some twists or particularities to be added to a powerset. Especially with young mutants whose power is growing.

Rubbermaid could have the ability to be more resistant the more she stretches.
    Or she could have been specialized into tying people up or constricting them. Maybe with the ability to even bind intangible beings.

Dryad could have been the Kurama/Usopp of New X-Men. Carrying several seeds, including some from Tabula Rasa or alien worlds, that she could throw at people and make grow into plants.

But the biggest waste will always be DJ's powers.

BTW, I checked the wikia and the powers of the depowered mutants are not listed. It's just a "none, they were depowered"
    Was it always like that or did somebody remove the power descriptions? Why not list them as "former powers"?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Brian...th-616)#Powers
    Yeah DJ def was wasted.. Dazzler should have been his mentor for sure.,.And poor network, now we have a see of techno paths but back then she was leading the wave. I was also curious about Kidogo, He was a tall Black guy who had the power to shrink.

As far as Tag, yeah the power could have been built upon creatively as it was a very specific form of mind control/very low level reality manipulation. I remember reading a great fanfic where a mutant character had to ability to force his will on people and things.. He could make them fall asleep or have things stop working. Tag could have evolved a bit.

Spectacular Member

The Paragons were my 2nd favourite team behind The New Mutants , I really feel like D.J could have brought a lot with Dazzler and Jubilee , Match I was always hoping his emotions being a hot head would be a second mutation that would allow him to change his flame colours based on emotion to Green , Purple , Red , Orange and Pink and give him various heat abilities. I always wanted Dryad's dad to be a hidden X-Men from the 70s era named Drus , Man Nunzio and Christina were amazing writers tbh. I will always be salty we never go to see The Exemplars or Excelsiors (I'm still hoping they pop up in some X-Men Unlimited type one-off story)