Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2043

Julian might be in need of a new codename if he can't even get into a book called "HELLIONS"

*flips table*
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ah, so this is how fans if the original Fallen Angels felt when they didn't get the lobster

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Ah, so this is how fans if the original Fallen Angels felt when they didn't get the lobster
    [tangent] Back when the Initiative was coming out, and Baron von Blitzschlag was experimenting on various 'weak' or 'useless' supers for Norman Osborne, I wanted him to get his hands on Bill and Gomi and surgically fuse them into some telekinetic force bolting man-lobster-cyborg abomination, in attempt to make something 'useful' out of them. [/tangent]

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Could it be true? Could one of the big things in HOX be that Krakoa can regrow mutants? Becauseeeeeee

Hm. Wallflower, where you @?

What was everyone’s favorite and worst moment from our New X-Men crew? (Disassembled, Age of X-Man, Rosencanny, HiX-Men all count)

For me:

Best moment/issue: Age of X-Man: Amazing Nightcrawler #4 and specifically this part

Worst moment/issue: Uncanny X-Men #7/The Globbening:

Oh, hey. Did the "Vic" thing get corrected in digital?

Just checked Marvel Unlimited and yeah, they fixed it. Hooray I guess? Honestly, reading Disassembled week-to-week was horrible but also horribly fun at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Julian might be in need of a new codename if he can't even get into a book called "HELLIONS"

*flips table*
    Its a damn shame and a slap in the face. He and a good chunk of the new x men deserve better.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Just checked Marvel Unlimited and yeah, they fixed it. Hooray I guess? Honestly, reading Disassembled week-to-week was horrible but also horribly fun at the same time.
    Disassembled had potential, but from what the creatives have said, it was all a terribly rushed mess and what we wound up getting was a lot more first-drafty than it should have been. (I wonder if that accounts for some of the Rosencanny stuff too.) I'm still pretty miffed about that, tbh. But it is nice that they fixed that mistake. Getting a character's name right is such a basic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Disassembled had potential, but from what the creatives have said, it was all a terribly rushed mess and what we wound up getting was a lot more first-drafty than it should have been. (I wonder if that accounts for some of the Rosencanny stuff too.) I'm still pretty miffed about that, tbh. But it is nice that they fixed that mistake. Getting a character's name right is such a basic thing.
    That’s the best way to describe it. It felt very much like a “first draft” that had to be rushed through to get the franchise from Point A to Point B with little to no explanation of any glaring plot holes. It’s amazing that after all that time writing the X-kids, Brisson still hadn’t carved out a proper, engaging story for the crew he had. Doesn’t exactly inspire faith for the New Mutants stuff they’re having set up.

What was everyone’s favorite and worst moment from our New X-Men crew? (Disassembled, Age of X-Man, Rosencanny, HiX-Men all count)

I'd say this panel sums up the 2010s for the New X-Men

For me:

Best moment/issue: Age of X-Man: Amazing Nightcrawler #4 and specifically this part

Worst moment/issue: Uncanny X-Men #7/The Globbening:

This doesn’t make any sense, Santos doesn’t even need to breathe.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This doesn’t make any sense, Santos doesn’t even need to breathe.
    The handwave was even more ridiculous. "Oh, they're in an alternate universe right now..." Even though that shouldn't have made a damn bit of difference considering he's still the same 616 Santo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The handwave was even more ridiculous. "Oh, they're in an alternate universe right now..." Even though that shouldn't have made a damn bit of difference considering he's still the same 616 Santo.
    Their bodies changed when they wound up in this faux AoA, that's why Pixie suddenly got bat wings and ugly gargoyle features, so I can kinda buy it if this Santo had never been disintegrated. Back in the day Santo was affected by Laurie's pheromones, so he used to breathe.

It was still a really awful scene though

Disassembly was the best X-Story of the decade because the Old Ones let me roam this mortal earth again just to complain about it. Hail the king, JDW. For with his right hand, he summoned the blessing of Hick. And with the left, the wrath of the Dogg.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate