Page 47 of 137 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, something is going on with Surge. I think she probably has some inclination that she was forced into this position. Funny that Roxy and Cessily are leading two VERY different lives rn, much to talk about.
    She came off a lot more demure than normal....

I mean we could attribute this to a couple different things but im gunna write this is off as if the AU is messing with her.

What I want to know is why are she Julian and Cess not at school?

All three of them are POWERFUL mutants. Like there was a reason the Sapien League kidnapped Jules and Nori to turn them into bombs. So there's that.

MY hope is that this might mean they've technically "graduated" beyond the school. With Julian and Nori they were always portrayed as a year or so older than the others. I mean they were 16-17 back in Academy X. Maybe this means the editorial plans to move a few of them beyond the school...... yeah....

I hope to see more of them in the coming issues.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

ANole looks like he lost a couple of ages while Cess and the others went up maybe a year.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ANole looks like he lost a couple of ages while Cess and the others went up maybe a year.
    I can see this being the case. Cess does look a couple of years older. ESPECIALLY if she's in the role of a bouncer.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So in addition to that year they took in Legion's mind, those who had aged here now have additional years to add to thier mentality.

Come next year they'll all be young twenty somethings.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

With the school destroyed, would that be a negative thing? A lot of them should've already graduated ages ago anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey if Noriko, Julian, Cess and Sooraya can all finally escape high school and get away from that deathtrap of an Institute I'll take it. We're finally getting writers who seem to actually like them

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hey if Noriko, Julian, Cess and Sooraya can all finally escape high school and get away from that deathtrap of an Institute I'll take it. We're finally getting writers who seem to actually like them
    Im kinda of the same mind. Everytime they do a school book ala Gen X or Next Gen or whatever new students are always coming in. And there are young mutants in the school like Nature Girl or Eye Boy who really do deserve to be students. But at the same time there are students who shouldn't be students anymore. Most of the the D/W and KYOST kids should be full on X-Men or at least spread across the books in supporting roles. And whats really important is that were seeing writers who seem generally interested in writing them with respect.

If by the end of Age of X-Man, Julian, Nori and Cessily are considered not students anymore I would actually be kinda fine with it because for the first time in LONG time I feel there are writers who would scoop them up and use them in their stories not as students or kids but the young adults that they are.

Also is this not the best Hellion image since ye olden days of his short shorts

I really did like Nextgen, but Brisson is the worst Rockslide writer I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So in addition to that year they took in Legion's mind, those who had aged here now have additional years to add to thier mentality.

Come next year they'll all be young twenty somethings.
    Plus Anole, Glob, Ernst, and No-Girl all spent a year in Lemire’s Apocalypse Wars AU.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    She came off a lot more demure than normal....

I mean we could attribute this to a couple different things but im gunna write this is off as if the AU is messing with her.

What I want to know is why are she Julian and Cess not at school?

All three of them are POWERFUL mutants. Like there was a reason the Sapien League kidnapped Jules and Nori to turn them into bombs. So there's that.

MY hope is that this might mean they've technically "graduated" beyond the school. With Julian and Nori they were always portrayed as a year or so older than the others. I mean they were 16-17 back in Academy X. Maybe this means the editorial plans to move a few of them beyond the school...... yeah....

I hope to see more of them in the coming issues.
    We do know that Nate’s been making the X-Men weaker whether it’s removing a part of the body (ie Colossus, Magneto) or most likely placing a mental block (ie Storm and maybe Jean?). Seanan McGuire said Surge is a powerhouse so could Nate be doing something to her mind? Dunno, but I hope they give Seanan an ongoing or just something X-related because I feel like Surge/Hellion/Prodigy would show up a lot. All these minis really do just sound like writer pitches that eventually turn into ongoing with “sort of” the same creative team + cast.

I was so happy to see Hellion, Mercury and Surge. The Cuckoos story beats are interesting too. But ugh I wish someone would write those three out of a school environment more often.

These kids have gone through so much. So many things writers can delve into.

Wish they'd do more w Anole though. And I dislike how inconsistent they are with his age and look.

BANNED

Im kinda of the same mind. Everytime they do a school book ala Gen X or Next Gen or whatever new students are always coming in. And there are young mutants in the school like Nature Girl or Eye Boy who really do deserve to be students. But at the same time there are students who shouldn't be students anymore. Most of the the D/W and KYOST kids should be full on X-Men or at least spread across the books in supporting roles. And whats really important is that were seeing writers who seem generally interested in writing them with respect.

If by the end of Age of X-Man, Julian, Nori and Cessily are considered not students anymore I would actually be kinda fine with it because for the first time in LONG time I feel there are writers who would scoop them up and use them in their stories not as students or kids but the young adults that they are.

Also is this not the best Hellion image since ye olden days of his short shorts

I'd say don't get your hopes up. I wouldn't put it past Marvel to snap them right back into the school again after AoXM. ESPECIALLY now that Wolverine is back and needs the roster spot they could ordinarily have filled so he can appear in all of the team books again.

I've been a New X-Men fan for long enough to know that hoping for any kind of progress is most likely setting yourself up for disappointment, but I'm cautiously optimistic the Age of X-Man event might be used to permanently bump them up to young adult status, because it would allow the writers to age them up without having to acknowledge the passage of time in the main continuity (which is what editorial seems to be vehemently opposed to because apparently doing so would force them to admit Cyclops isn't in his early 20s anymore).

Also, it would honestly feel a bit weird if they regressed Cessily back to teenage student after having her work at a secret mutant sex club. Magically aged up or not, these are still supposed to be the same characters, not just what-if versions of them. And unless Age of X gets completely undone by the end (which would make the whole event utterly pointless), we can expect some changes and memories to carry over.

Speaking of the secret club, I can't help but wonder if Hellion and Surge will be revealed to frequent that place as well, maybe even to specifically meet up with Cess.

The way I see it, the NXM class should all have graduated by now.
    I want Emma to reopen Massachusetts as a college for mutants. Some NXM would choose to enroll there so they could have a chance of having somewhat normal lives after graduating and some would decide to continue on the X-men/New Mutants path.
    Xavier Institute should essentially be a high school for mutants still learning to use their abilites and also a refuge for those who don't have a home elsewhere.

I'd rearrange the cast like this:

Frost's students: Hellion, Mercury, Bling!, Glob, Morph, Hindsight, Transonic etc
    Xavier's students: Genesis, Nature Girl, Eye-Boy, Iara, Broo
    X-men - Legacy: Armor, Anole, Rockslide, Pixie, Oya, 3-in-1, Kid Gladiator. The NXM who graduated and became the school's field team, protecting it from threats and saving/recruting new mutants. Kitty would still be headmistress, but Armor would lead the field team.
    New Mutants: Surge, Prodigy and Dust, alongside mutants from other generations like Moonstar, Sunspot, Husk and Chamber. Since joining the Institute doesn't solve larger social issues, the NM would act as an international organization helping mutants in need all over the globe. The New Mutants would become a large network with representatives in several countries. This would be the opportunity to spotlight characters like Indra, Loa (if she was alive), Nezhno etc.

As far as books go, I'd have one focused on the Legacy team, with the younger students and Frost's college also having a presence there (the rivalry between Kitty and Frost would be a highlight) and also New Mutants as a series of recurring minis (or ongoing if successful enough).
    Ideally, there would also be a new X-men Unlimited anthology where individual characters or new concepts within this new scenario could have some more focus.

Q-Quill?

Anyone else get the impression that in the Nightcrawler issue that just came out, Julian's hands were originally drawn as his plain flesh and blood ones and they just colored them green rather than redraw?

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Anyone else get the impression that in the Nightcrawler issue that just came out, Julian's hands were originally drawn as his plain flesh and blood ones and they just colored them green rather than redraw?
    Probably. But I still appreciate that kind of hasty correction over "he's still got robot hands, he's just wearing gloves to hide them" like in Phoenix Resurrection