Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Unless Jay doesn't WANT to come back, what with Julia being dead and all.
    The dead mutants dont have any agency. If Jay is going to be resurrected, it will be against his will

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tag was depowered before he died, so they can't bring him back until they figure out how to undo the Decimation. They only have DNA samples for the mutants. When M-day happened, all gene samples belonging to depowered mutants were destroyed.

Husk needs to get on his case about Icarus though.
    I dont believe this issue said only powered up mutants can be resurrected through this process
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-18-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Still an underappreciated X-Men roster (New X-Men #23, 2006):

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-18-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Yeah, dead, depowered mutants can still be brought back since Cerebro still had them recorded. I don’t remember seeing anything saying genetic material from depowered mutants was destroyed, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, dead, depowered mutants can still be brought back since Cerebro still had them recorded. I don’t remember seeing anything saying genetic material from depowered mutants was destroyed, either.
    I'm pretty sure the part with the depowered mutant samples being destroyed was established way back in the Decimation days. Something where Beast went around trying to see if any survived, and it was all gone. Something like that. Could totally see that getting retconned away, though.

The question really is whether Cerebro would have kept recording them after they got depowered. If Sofia Mantega dies and they make her a new body, would Cerebro have kept her up to date, or would she no longer have registered once depowered, leaving the newest copy of her mind one from before M-Day?

BANNED

The infographic seemed to indicate they don't yet know how to repower mutants. Which means Sofia is **** outta luck for now unless she got re-powered in AvX or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Even if it did, the Hickman retcon roundup is going on so hey...doesn't matter if the old stuff said genetic samples are destroyed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

While I think I would've shuffled in a few of the characters who were written out of the earlier iteration of the team instead of some of the Hellion characters, I do have a lot of fondness for them, since they were the first X-Men team I started reading about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While I think I would've shuffled in a few of the characters who were written out of the earlier iteration of the team instead of some of the Hellion characters, I do have a lot of fondness for them, since they were the first X-Men team I started reading about.
    Yeah, would have been cool to see characters like Wallflower or Wind Dancer on there, but I got to quite like the team that eventually became the New X-Men.

Would it not be fun if they would use Hellion to get rid of Omega Karima permanently?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

This was a great balance of powers and personalities, and once you include characters like Prodigy, Anole, Loa, etc., was one of the most diverse.

Diverse in all aspects. Personality, nationality, race, appearance.

This team + Armor will always be GOAT.
    NewX-Men44cover.jpg

Just add a latina Wind Dancer. But yeah it was GOAT.

What I really really want from DoX is an inversion of this cover:

tumblr_peypuyYncO1sdc8xto1_640.jpg

Just Cessily's happy face and the reflection of her lost friends emerging from Krakoa.

I hope they get to come back with their powers.

But that will be awkward for Icarus. K&Y ruined him so much with the mutilation and the betrayals, I'm not sure he'll be able to be happy.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I hope they get to come back with their powers.

But that will be awkward for Icarus. K&Y ruined him so much with the mutilation and the betrayals, I'm not sure he'll be able to be happy.
    If twice-turncoat Glob can get rehabbed with a handwave, I don't think Jay is that much harder to deal with. He at least had semi-sympathetic motivations.