Page 124 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Dust's Champions tenure just saved her from being cannon fodder. She's one of several mutants mentioned in the X-Force script as someone who gets shot at, but they used generic no-names in the end.
    Well, Percy said that some are getting shot and some are just getting injured. Either way, I don’t think her being on the Champions mattered since she ends up being in New Mutants anyway. Plus Trance was there but she could be unconscious from using her ghost form.

Ultimate Member

That mystery blonde Hellion in New Mutants 1, surrounded by 'our' Hellions, doesn't really look anything like Empath...

Could it be Bevatron, who was a slimmer blonde, IIRC?

The art was pretty terrible, so, really, it could be supposed to be Jetstream, drawn by someone who has no idea that he's a dark-skinned, dark-haired Egyptian or whatever. I'm not even sure who are all the people around him. Dust seems obvious from the outfit. Rockslide doesn't look much like Rockslide, more like 'The Thing,' but gray, but, whatev. Hellion I guess, from the funky gloves that might be artistic shorthand for 'metal hands hovering at the end of his arm-stumps.' A flesh-colored girl with her back to us who *might* be a miscolored Mercury? And two other dudes, to the left, one of which is black, but otherwise looks nothing like Tag... Yeesh.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-07-2019 at 05:07 AM. Reason: duplicate

Art wasnt terrible imo and some scenes were actually beautful. Rahne's first couple of pages come to mind. I guess art is subjective but I wouldnt call it terrible just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That mystery blonde Hellion in New Mutants 1, surrounded by 'our' Hellions, doesn't really look anything like Empath...

Could it be Bevatron, who was a slimmer blonde, IIRC?

The art was pretty terrible, so, really, it could be supposed to be Jetstream, drawn by someone who has no idea that he's a dark-skinned, dark-haired Egyptian or whatever. I'm not even sure who are all the people around him. Dust seems obvious from the outfit. Rockslide doesn't look much like Rockslide, more like 'The Thing,' but gray, but, whatev. Hellion I guess, from the funky gloves that might be artistic shorthand for 'metal hands hovering at the end of his arm-stumps.' A flesh-colored girl with her back to us who *might* be a miscolored Mercury? And two other dudes, to the left, one of which is black, but otherwise looks nothing like Tag... Yeesh.
    They’re all clearly wearing the Academy X era Hellions costumes. There’s six of them to line up with the six (Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Tag, Wither) that were on the squad. If they were anybody different, they would’ve had the same thing that Bevatron had on.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-07-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Maybe Spectre came back and received the wrong Hellions uniform

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They’re all clearly wearing the Academy X era Hellions costumes. There’s six of them to line up with the six (Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Tag, Wither) that were on the squad. If they were anybody different, they would’ve had the same thing that Bevatron had on.
    Ah, Wither! I'd forgotten about him. (And obviously the mystery sixth wasn't Icarus, with his honkin' big wings.) He could be the guy with sleeves (even if he didn't, AFAIremember, ever where the uniform.) Tag having cut his hair makes him unrecognizable to me, but I guess death comes with many changes, including shorn 'locks...

Wait a minute... if that IS Tag, then they've found a way to undo the Decimation. He was powerless when he died!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ah, Wither! I'd forgotten about him. (And obviously the mystery sixth wasn't Icarus, with his honkin' big wings.) He could be the guy with sleeves (even if he didn't, AFAIremember, ever where the uniform.) Tag having cut his hair makes him unrecognizable to me, but I guess death comes with many changes, including shorn 'locks...
    During the Hellions mini, I think he wore that for a little bit but I might be wrong. I’m surprised we didn’t see Icarus cause he would be perfect for helping bring Sam onboard, or at least keeping a gateway in his and Izzy’s house. If we end up seeing Tag later, I hope he magically has his locs back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Maybe Spectre came back and received the wrong Hellions uniform
    I miss Dallas I think someone on the NXM team (maybe Christina Weir) said that he moved in with his grandparents after getting depowered.

Wait a minute... if that IS Tag, then they've found a way to undo the Decimation. He was powerless when he died!
    If anything, I assume they got rid of the development that all depowered mutants’ pre-Decimation genetic material has been destroyed. We also saw a revived Feral in Excalibur despite her being depowered.

There's a way to undo Decimation: Scarlet Witch.
    But considering the whole 'Pretender' label and how Marvel never followed up on it beyond her just repowering Rictor and her little combo-move with Hope in AvX I doubt they'll go that route.

I just don’t see how it’s not as easy as Hope, Synch, and Proteus holding hands and reality warping am activated X-Gene into the depowered mutants. But then again Hickman probably has a plan.

Anyway, if Decimation has been undone, then that means they can repower anyone who died instantly via resurrection. However, the ones who are still alive might actually need killing first (a job for X-Force?). Of course, this would be voluntary. They can edit out memories of a death when resurrecting, so the process is painless.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The next couple of pages. Story by Anduinel, art by Graconius/average-xmendrawings:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I just don’t see how it’s not as easy as Hope, Synch, and Proteus holding hands and reality warping am activated X-Gene into the depowered mutants. But then again Hickman probably has a plan.
    They've got Mad Jim Jasper back as well, to add to the reality manipulator mambo, if they want to go that route.

It's also possible that omega-class biomanipulators like Elixir and maybe Triage can just turn ex-mutants back into active mutants one at a time, by regenerating their X-gene or whatever.

Forge has already demonstrated, in his very first appearance, that he can literally crap out a gun that turns said gene off. It should take him exactly as long as it takes me to type this sentence for his mutant brain to spew forth a schematic for a gadget that does the opposite, and turns a 'cured' or 'ex' mutant back into a fully functioning mutant.

Like most 'problems' in the X-verse, it exists only because of editorial fiat, and could be almost ludicrously easily handled by one of the hundreds of mutants introduced over the years. And if it is ever 'fixed,' then like Xavier being able to walk, or Rogue being able to have free-range smoochies, or Cyclops being able to take off his damn glasses, it will get 'unfixed' a hot second later, because X-peeps can't have nice things.

Like Wind-Dancer or Synch back. Nice things we can't have.

Really enjoying this Anduinel, it's an interesting plot and the art is really expressive. You work well together!

BANNED

Like Wind-Dancer or Synch back. Nice things we can't have.
    You know he’s back, right?

I can’t remember if Jaspers is a legit mutant. I have my doubts even Xavier and Magneto would **** around with him, but I would kill for a good Fury story in Excalibur. Even if Claremont did make the Fury a joke in recent years.