Page 74 of 137 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh yeah, I guess that’s true. Everyone is saying Hickman is gonna be the second coming, does that mean he’ll bring back the Cyclops and Surge dynamic that we all missed? It’s hogwash that she didn’t go with Scott when he came to the school to scoop up recruits. Absolute bollocks luv. Anyway, yeah the New X-Girls deserve two emotionally unstable but caring father figures. Also Logan should apologize for treating Julian like a mosquito for five years but that will probably never happen either.

How long was the Divided We Stand era, anyway? I know it was at least some months but couldn’t have been more than like a year, right? Poor Indra, I doubt anyone noticed or cared because it was Mann and he (used to) draw everyone pin-up but actually attractive unlike Land’s traced-from-a-mag art that never fit the characters he was drawing.

Also, not to conflate my own personal grievances with Fraction’s very problematic elements in his story, but why choose Pixie out of all the kids? I get she has the naiveté and cuteness that Land grossly sexualized, but he made everyone else feel like a backdrop to how cool Pixie was.
    Yes, Surge would have fit perfectly in Bendis Uncanny X-Men but he preferred to create many new students. Cipher and maybe even Dust I think should have gone with him too.

Ya'll know I love that Bacon Mettuce Bomato X-Men, but let's not pretend he read any satellite books.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ya'll know I love that Bacon Mettuce Bomato X-Men, but let's not pretend he read any satellite books.
    Why you always have to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, Surge would have fit perfectly in Bendis Uncanny X-Men but he preferred to create many new students. Cipher and maybe even Dust I think should have gone with him too.
    At that point, I think Hellion probably had enough of the school so he could’ve joined too. Dust, Pixie, Transonic, Velocidad, and Primal too (but I get why they wouldn’t go if Hope wasn’t there). So basically all the ones that told Logan and Rogue off in that issue that I screenshot to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Fair. Fair.

MUTANT SYMPATHIZER #1: Noriko?!

BENDIS: Gesundheit!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

MUTANT SYMPATHIZER #2: No, I mean Surge!

BENDIS: I’m all for 90s nostalgia, but why would a sugary soda help my bright and shiny new mutants.

At that point, I think Hellion probably had enough of the school so he could’ve joined too.
    Except Cyke was still on his **** list post SC

Really Editorial missed out on making third faction cuz Hellion at point was pissed with Cyke and Logan

Though I am curious to see what's going to happen to him Post AOXMAN. Has the Hollywood/Sex Cult life changed him? Will he finally try to win back Laura?

Odds are we'll never know.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Remember when Hellion and Laura shared panels in Phoenix Resurrection and we all assumed that that meant they would talk to each other somewhere down the line? Yeah, me too...

OMG big news y’all!!! JDW said that HOXPOX is gonna have stuff for fans of every era!!! That means the New X-Men are gonna play a role in the story, right? Right??? ......guys?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Except Cyke was still on his **** list post SC

Really Editorial missed out on making third faction cuz Hellion at point was pissed with Cyke and Logan

Though I am curious to see what's going to happen to him Post AOXMAN. Has the Hollywood/Sex Cult life changed him? Will he finally try to win back Laura?

Odds are we'll never know.
    Julian was mad, but he definitely wasn’t as mad at him as Logan. Especially because I think that was after Logan and Remy made actual threats at him, all Scott did was put him on probation for not showing any sympathy for putting Karima in a coma. A third faction of pissed off students would’ve been nice, but out of Hellion either staying at the school doing nothing or going on a mission for mutant revolution doing slightly less of nothing, I would’ve loved to see him make fun of Goldballs.

BANNED

How long was the Divided We Stand era, anyway? I know it was at least some months but couldn’t have been more than like a year, right? Poor Indra, I doubt anyone noticed or cared because it was Mann and he (used to) draw everyone pin-up but actually attractive unlike Land’s traced-from-a-mag art that never fit the characters he was drawing.
    Divided We Stand was 5 months and Manifest Destiny (good title) was 6 months. Sometimes the two eras get conflated.

Also, not to conflate my own personal grievances with Fraction’s very problematic elements in his story, but why choose Pixie out of all the kids? I get she has the naiveté and cuteness that Land grossly sexualized, but he made everyone else feel like a backdrop to how cool Pixie was.
    Pixie's promotion to new teen prodigy might've been a decision by editorial/marketing department. Before Fraction's run started, there was that FCBD X-Men issue (that I only found out the existence of and read earlier this week) that spotlighted Pixie written by Carey and drawn by Land (great artist for FCBD issue), which established her new dynamic with the X-Men and gave her a more "grown-up" characterization.

Of course, it could've just been Carey fixing other people's **** again like he did so often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Remember when Hellion and Laura shared panels in Phoenix Resurrection and we all assumed that that meant they would talk to each other somewhere down the line? Yeah, me too...
    I'm still mad about that. ESPECIALLY after Rosenenberg came across like he expected fans to be GRATEFUL for the nod.

I don't care if Julian and Laura aren't "iconic" like Scott and Jean, or Peter and Mary Jane. Can you imagine what the fan reaction would have been like if MJ hadn't shared a single panel with Peter for TEN YEARS after One More Day, and when she finally did, it was basically in a walk-on role where she doesn't even talk to him, and was just meant as a "nod to the fans?"

Honestly, to me it feels like Marvel demonstrating how they really feel about the NXM generation in a nutshell: "Hey look, they appeared in a panel! Now accept it and shut up about it."
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-25-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm still mad about that. ESPECIALLY after Rosenenberg came across like he expected fans to be GRATEFUL for the nod.

I don't care if Julian and Laura aren't "iconic" like Scott and Jean, or Peter and Mary Jane. Can you imagine what the fan reaction would have been like if MJ hadn't shared a single panel with Peter for TEN YEARS after One More Day, and when she finally did, it was basically in a walk-on role where she doesn't even talk to him, and was just meant as a "nod to the fans?"
    Well now that we slogged through this run of Rosenberg, maybe we put too much faith in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Divided We Stand was 5 months and Manifest Destiny (good title) was 6 months. Sometimes the two eras get conflated.
    What about in-universe? I think some characters referenced the X-Men being disbanded for months IIRC.

Pixie's promotion to new teen prodigy might've been a decision by editorial/marketing department. Before Fraction's run started, there was that FCBD X-Men issue (that I only found out the existence of and read earlier this week) that spotlighted Pixie written by Carey and drawn by Land (great artist for FCBD issue), which established her new dynamic with the X-Men and gave her a more "grown-up" characterization.

Of course, it could've just been Carey fixing other people's **** again like he did so often.
    It was jarring when she just dropped off the face of the X-map and became a background character again. I can’t find that FCBD issue ANYWHERE and they refuse to put it on Marvel Unlimited. It’s written by Carey so I’m guessing it does read good. Doesn’t that also sort of set up Pixie Strikes Back?

Julian was mad, but he definitely wasn’t as mad at him as Logan. Especially because I think that was after Logan and Remy made actual threats at him, all Scott did was put him on probation for not showing any sympathy for putting Karima in a coma. A third faction of pissed off students would’ve been nice, but out of Hellion either staying at the school doing nothing or going on a mission for mutant revolution doing slightly less of nothing, I would’ve loved to see him make fun of Goldballs.
    God, the Babysitter arc is so fucked up when you think about it, how did it take me so long to realize that?

BANNED

What about in-universe? I think some characters referenced the X-Men being disbanded for months IIRC.
    I might've missed specific dating. It's stated in Second Coming that it's been a year since Messiah Complex. And during Xavier Legacy it was stated that it's been three months since Secret Invasion (which comes after the move to SF). The whole Divided We Stand period was really vague. During DWS, Scott and Emma go on a two week vacation and after that immediately move to SF, but some other stories make it seem weird if only such a short time had passed.

It was jarring when she just dropped off the face of the X-map and became a background character again. I can’t find that FCBD issue ANYWHERE and they refuse to put it on Marvel Unlimited. It’s written by Carey so I’m guessing it does read good. Doesn’t that also sort of set up Pixie Strikes Back?
    Yeah, they tease her absent parents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I might've missed specific dating. It's stated in Second Coming that it's been a year since Messiah Complex. And during Xavier Legacy it was stated that it's been three months since Secret Invasion (which comes after the move to SF). The whole Divided We Stand period was really vague. During DWS, Scott and Emma go on a two week vacation and after that immediately move to SF, but some other stories make it seem weird if only such a short time had passed.
    Now come on. You know better than to take those statements of timing seriously in Marvel comics. :-P