Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I want Onyxx to come back and steal Glob's spotlight
    Ever since Ultimate Ben Grimm "hatched" out of his rocky form into a energy form, I've kinda wanted Onyxx to be revealed to be a similar sort of cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ever since Ultimate Ben Grimm "hatched" out of his rocky form into a energy form, I've kinda wanted Onyxx to be revealed to be a similar sort of cocoon.
    I wanted him to be a horrifying parasite mutant. When he was killed by Wither it left that metal helmet behind.

I want someone else to put on that helmet and suddenly mutate into a replica of Onyxx and have hisind slowly take them over

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    was Dryad a earth powered based character. She could control plants? Poison Ivy level ish?
    Her father was supposed to be the 'famous' creator of the hedge maze they showed off in one of the test-challenge-thingies, and implied to have similar plant-manipulating abilities, IIRC. But, as with so much about the student body not on the Hellions or New Mutants teams, we really never got any on-panel development of that. I have no idea if her powers were ever really explored. Plant Control? Just a plant body (hard as wood, thorny fingers)? Sort of like how DC's Vixen can adapt any animal power, but able to adapt any plant trait, such as hardwood skin, sharp thorns, choking pollen clouds, toxic curare, clinging vines, or sunlight-fueled growth? Who knows. There's tons of potential there, beyond just plant control.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-28-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Mercury wouldn't give up fighting Hulk when every other X-Men was already beaten during World War Hulk and managed to single-handedly save Xavier. She deserves more respect from her elders (and from writers and editors) than just being treated like any other rookie student.
    Last edited by Starfish; 09-29-2019 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I wanted him to be a horrifying parasite mutant. When he was killed by Wither it left that metal helmet behind.

I want someone else to put on that helmet and suddenly mutate into a replica of Onyxx and have hisind slowly take them over
    What the hell was Onyxx even supposed to be??

I'd forgotten all about it, but Pixie has some nice moments I rediscovered on a re-read of Magneto: Not A Hero.

She steals Surge's diary and they end up having an amusing slapfight before Emma sends them scuttling away.

Megan's then talking to Victor and Santo, who have gone to the school post-Schism and miss her, via video chat.

Clay + Seth Mann art too, so that's a bonus. It's not a major part of the mini, which is pretty cool (Astra deserves another go-round as a villain) but it's a nice bonus that situates Magneto amongst Utopia.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Hes supposto be made of granite, I think it's a reference that time the thing was a spiky monster...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I'd forgotten all about it, but Pixie has some nice moments I rediscovered on a re-read of Magneto: Not A Hero.

She steals Surge's diary and they end up having an amusing slapfight before Emma sends them scuttling away.

Megan's then talking to Victor and Santo, who have gone to the school post-Schism and miss her, via video chat.

Clay + Seth Mann art too, so that's a bonus. It's not a major part of the mini, which is pretty cool (Astra deserves another go-round as a villain) but it's a nice bonus that situates Magneto amongst Utopia.
    Magneto not a hero was great. E

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    When I first saw him, I had the notion that Ilyanna had dressed up a Mindless One she'd summoned as a 'new student' and sent it wandering around as a prank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hes supposto be made of granite, I think it's a reference that time the thing was a spiky monster...
    I wish the “four eyes, body horror” thing was more explored because I think he’s probably the least humanoid New X-Man (i know im forgetting someone)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    When I first saw him, I had the notion that Ilyanna had dressed up a Mindless One she'd summoned as a 'new student' and sent it wandering around as a prank.
    Lmaooooooo I wonder what Carey had in mind when he said he had plans for Onyxx

SOOO

with one of the three laws of Krakoa being "Make more Mutants".....whose the first teenage pregnancy for the NXM?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Well, we can safely rule out Sooraya (because of her faith - she probably wouldn't even have sex before marriage) and Laura (can't imagine her wanting to sit out some months of action due to pregnancy). And I suspect Mercury's power makes her infertile. So by default, it's gotta be Surge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, we can safely rule out Sooraya (because of her faith - she probably wouldn't even have sex before marriage) and Laura (can't imagine her wanting to sit out some months of action due to pregnancy). And I suspect Mercury's power makes her infertile. So by default, it's gotta be Surge.
    If Loa is back, she would be the first.

Also can Laura even get pregnant?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 12.13.24 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    SOOO

with one of the three laws of Krakoa being "Make more Mutants".....whose the first teenage pregnancy for the NXM?
    Loa seems like the right choice. I feel like the whole resurrection thing might make one especially inclined to procreate. The whole sex at a funeral thing, taken to a fantastical extent.

If Nightmare started re-emerging, Pixie could be...

I could actually see one of the Cuckoos.

Also can Laura even get pregnant?
    I don't know why she wouldn't be able to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't know why she wouldn't be able to.
    IIRC my biology correctly, a woman's immune system is one of the barriers to pregnancy by attacking sperm, and Laura has a heightened immune system, so...

SOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, we can safely rule out...Laura (can't imagine her wanting to sit out some months of action due to pregnancy).
    TBH, this is one reason why I think Laura would be a GOOD choice. There's a LOT of things you could explore here.