Page 113 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2043
    BANNED

Do you really think that creators think oh im not going to write Hellion because it might make Jean look bad? What? That's a jump in logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wait so did Brisson say “New X-Men” or “Gen X & Young X-Men”

https://twitter.com/aiptcomics/statu...982100992?s=21

Either one makes sense but it’s still odd that Sunspot wants to bring Cannonball to Krakoa but doesn’t bring Icarus.
    Last we knew, he was dead.

Ooh, I should’ve worded that better. I love everyone in that crew to death, but I just don’t think they have what made them interesting when they’re written under Brisson. And I don’t think we’ll be getting anything new so I would like to see how he writes a group of maybe Gentle, Hellion, Mercury, Tag, and Wallflower? But I’m also interested in who everyone prefers and doesn’t like as much on the team.
    Tag and Wallflower are also dead, and Tag was depowered before he died, meaning they won't have a viable genetic sample for him (they were all destroyed on M-Day, so they should only have samples for mutants who kept their powers) which they need in order to bring him back. Until we see a character, we shouldn't assume they've been revived.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Hellion and Surge would win this easily
    I agree. But what how high would others be? Also, who would win the least liked of them?

Ooh, I should’ve worded that better. I love everyone in that crew to death, but I just don’t think they have what made them interesting when they’re written under Brisson. And I don’t think we’ll be getting anything new so I would like to see how he writes a group of maybe Gentle, Hellion, Mercury, Tag, and Wallflower? But I’m also interested in who everyone prefers and doesn’t like as much on the team.
    Oh, sorry. I can see what you're saying now. I wonder how the'd write Wallflower. I miss her, and she had so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, Rockslide is awesome. He's a great comic relief character with his blend of enthusiasm and cluelessness, and his interactions with other characters are almost always a highlight of any book he's in (like roasting marshmallows on Match's head and genuinely thinking it's totally cool for friends to do that). The problem is too many writers have been throwing him under the bus to promote Glob. Glob even stole Rockslide's place as Anole's BFF and resident indestructible tank to the point that in Disassembled the writer OUTRIGHT IGNORED that Santo doesn't even breathe to make Glob look cool.

The sad thing is what made them truly interesting was that they were kids who suffered REAL trauma. But Marvel won't ever do anything meaningful with it because it makes the O5+ look bad for letting it happen. That's why when Rockslide, Armor, etc. got angry with Jean during Disassembled they completely ignored the fact that these kids had been through ACTUAL **** in favor of generic "Waaaah, we're teenagers and want to be treated like grown-ups" rebelliousness.

Doubly sad: In this age of school shootings and lock down drills, what the NXM experienced post-Decimation is INCREDIBLY relevant to today's youth.
    I mean, it's not like I hate Rockslide. It's just that I don't think he's that interesting, specially compared to other characters.

I think what I'd like too see is more of the NXM across the different books.

Kinda wish Hellion was ether in Marauders or Excalibur.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The sad thing is what made them truly interesting was that they were kids who suffered REAL trauma. But Marvel won't ever do anything meaningful with it because it makes the O5+ look bad for letting it happen. That's why when Rockslide, Armor, etc. got angry with Jean during Disassembled they completely ignored the fact that these kids had been through ACTUAL **** in favor of generic "Waaaah, we're teenagers and want to be treated like grown-ups" rebelliousness.

Doubly sad: In this age of school shootings and lock down drills, what the NXM experienced post-Decimation is INCREDIBLY relevant to today's youth.
    I partially agree. They’ve suffered trauma, but now they’re finally out of that dark period. They were interesting characters because of how the trauma shaped them, not the trauma itself. They can be shown in other contexts while still honoring what they went through by simply writing them as the developed characters that they are/have become. Plus, Disassembled was the perfect opportunity to do the “New X-Men are fed up” storyline and they royally fucked it up and the situation isn’t right to just bring it up when they are not only having their friends returned to life but also are being treated as capable fighters again. Besides, I’m a Surge stan because she’s a compelling character to read with a kickass design, not because she saw her friends blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Oh, sorry. I can see what you're saying now. I wonder how the'd write Wallflower. I miss her, and she had so much potential.
    It’s fine. I’d like to see a Wallflower that isn’t afraid of her powers and can start to use them to their full disposal. When she started to get a handle on her powers, she got a bullet in her face. Plus, idk for all those people that think the X-Men are creepy polyamorous cultish supremacists now, they can buy the issues to use as anti-Hickman fuel or whatever now that the mutants employ an empath to help recruit mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Last we knew, he was dead.
    See: House of X #5 for how he could have returned.

Tag and Wallflower are also dead, and Tag was depowered before he died, meaning they won't have a viable genetic sample for him (they were all destroyed on M-Day, so they should only have samples for mutants who kept their powers) which they need in order to bring him back. Until we see a character, we shouldn't assume they've been revived.
    Hickman is writing the mutants overcoming their past tragedies. M-Day is the last major one so I can see that being reversed with a way to revive them. Also, to the bolded, the point of the resurrection pods is that every X-character is available. Brisson isn’t gonna get told no because Icarus hasn’t been revived yet, if he wants to use him then BAM, he’s alive again.

BANNED

Rockslide is a jerk with a heart of gold who would do anything for his friends. Nobody past Kyost (who I’m not really a fan of) got his voice right. He got replaced by Quire, who was introduced by Morrison as basically a Nazi school shooter, but who later writers like Aaron and Thompson insist is “good people”. A garbage character that certain progressive allies latch onto for some reason.

Hellion: doesn’t let Noriko into the Xavier Institute because she’s homeless and stinks

the book, the characters, and the narrative: treats Julian as the antagonist because what he did was vile and disgusting, holding him accountable to his shittiness

Kid Omega: lets Krakoa chase after him, including walking through New York which endangered people and nearly got Jubilee killed because he was being irresponsible

the book, the characters, the narrative: baby the hell out of Quentin and make anyone who was rightfully mad at him have to bend over backwards to apologize for hurting his soft feewings uwu

So, I’ve had a theory that Quire is actually a sociopath who is basing his mannerisms off of Hellion. Only thing that makes sense.

I think the only modern places I haven't disliked Quentin were, like, Generation X and West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think the only modern places I haven't disliked Quentin were, like, Generation X and West Coast Avengers.
    Yeah, Strain did well with him and it’s actually that book that made start thinking about my theory. Don’t know what happened in WCA at all. No one ever talks about it.

Cuz quite frankly...if any mutant should have been in LA...it should have been Hellion...it's his bloody hometown
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

You know what would be really cool. Well I don't actually know it will be but when PAD did his X-Factor run and had all the characters talk to a shrink. I think that happened. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. But to have the New X-Men kids have that. They are basically the generation in my opinion that went through worse period of human/mutant interaction compared to the New Mutants/GenX. And it would be cool to get an arc with them going from that to now having Krakoa. And I do have my favorites. But I hope some of them show up more often.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You know what would be really cool. Well I don't actually know it will be but when PAD did his X-Factor run and had all the characters talk to a shrink. I think that happened. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. But to have the New X-Men kids have that. They are basically the generation in my opinion that went through worse period of human/mutant interaction compared to the New Mutants/GenX. And it would be cool to get an arc with them going from that to now having Krakoa. And I do have my favorites. But I hope some of them show up more often.
    PAD did that twice, once in each volume of X-Factor. You wouldn't even have to go so far as an entire issue - so many X-Men would benefit from the Reality TV-style "confessionals" DnA had in their Guardians of the Galaxy run, as an effective way to explicate their state of mind. But the New X-Men would definitely have interesting things to say about Krakoa, having a true safe haven (as far as they know!) and seeing dead Mutants being resurrected.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He got replaced by Quire, who was introduced by Morrison as basically a Nazi school shooter, but who later writers like Aaron and Thompson insist is “good people”. A garbage character that certain progressive allies latch onto for some reason.
    I'm not a fan of Rockslide, but *am* a fan of the necessity of that sort of character, for others to bounce off of / react to / interact with. He's just one of those ingredients in a dish that you don't like by itself, but really brings it all together and makes it great.

As for Quentin, he's practically become an AU version of himself. Introduced in an arc where he is explicitly said to have used his telepathy to instigate a drug-fueled riot at Xaviers that endangered a bunch of people and that one of the Cuckoos *died to stop,* and now he's such a woobie rebel that a later writer has had one of the surviving Cuckoos expressing a crush on him! (Because the writer had no idea that the guy was responsible for her sisters death, I'm sure.)

Okay, so if everyone wants to, rank these guys from your favorite to least favorite:
    • X-23
    • Surge
    • Prodigy
    • Hellion
    • Dust
    • Gentle
    • Mercury
    • Pixie
    • Anole
    • Rockslide
    • Elixir
    • Armor