Page 120 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1886
  1. #1786
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Also, for NXM appearances to watch out for next week, Melody Guthrie is showing up in the main story of the Fearless finale, written by Seanan McGuire and drawn by Claire Roe: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-4/

    We know they can resurrect the dead (well, those who kept their powers anyway - which means they can bring back Wallflower and Icarus) but do they have a way to repower M-Day victims yet? Melody might not have to wait long to fly again if they can figure that out - though they'll probably need to give her a new codename thanks to the Agent of Atlas called Aero.

  2. #1787
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, whatever they get called, they're their own group and should have their own thread.
    I will always prefer calling them the "New X-Men" over "Young X-Men"

    Even when the latter was announced I always felt like that name was just riding on the coattails of the Young Avengers

    And Young X-Men was just a terrible series, and you shouldn't want the association

  3. #1788
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Interesting but looks like they are making everybody "New Mutants" now. New Mutants A roster looks like it will be rotating in people from Gen X, New Mutants B roster has Armor and company.

  4. #1789

    This Week's Comics:Fallen Angels #1, GI Joe: A Real American Hero #268

  5. #1790
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    10,098

    Default

    With Ink having been basically a “Purifier-for-hire” with Pierce, non-mutant, and probably kicked out for not meeting the “mutant only” requirement for Krakoa, do y’all think Mister Gitter is gonna have a heel-turn? His whole character is that he’s alone or sumthn so I think of his only found family abandons him, he’ll probably take it more personally than say Dr Rao or Stevie Hunter.



    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know they can resurrect the dead (well, those who kept their powers anyway - which means they can bring back Wallflower and Icarus) but do they have a way to repower M-Day victims yet? Melody might not have to wait long to fly again if they can figure that out - though they'll probably need to give her a new codename thanks to the Agent of Atlas called Aero.
    I don’t think they have found a way yet, but it’s definitely something that X is looking to undo. But the depowered kids that also died must have to go through another process. I hope this doesn’t mean they’re just lost and can’t come back because Tag, DJ, Dryad, Network, and Rubber Maid deserve Krakoa just as much as the main New X-Men. As for the codename, yeah with the push they’re giving the new Agents of Atlas, I can’t see her coming back as Aero but they could spin it with an in-universe reason of her picking a new mutant name that doesn’t remind her of M-Day/Decimation.

  6. #1791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    With Ink having been basically a “Purifier-for-hire” with Pierce, non-mutant, and probably kicked out for not meeting the “mutant only” requirement for Krakoa, do y’all think Mister Gitter is gonna have a heel-turn? His whole character is that he’s alone or sumthn so I think of his only found family abandons him, he’ll probably take it more personally than say Dr Rao or Stevie Hunter.
    I hope SOMEONE does something interesting with the guy. I don't like him, but he had a lot of potential for conflict that Guggs completely glossed over in favor of making him a plot convenience.

    This Week's Comics:Fallen Angels #1, GI Joe: A Real American Hero #268

  7. #1792
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,191

    Default

    Didn't Guggenheim CREATE Ink? He debuted in his Young X-Men, right? Which is also why he used him in Gold. Why would he not try to maximise his potential?

  8. #1793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't Guggenheim CREATE Ink? He debuted in his Young X-Men, right? Which is also why he used him in Gold. Why would he not try to maximise his potential?
    Yup. As to the second part, I think Guggenheim is a mediocre writer on his best days; it's a lot easier (and flattering to the character he created) to use Ink as deux-ex than to explore some of his potentially troubling aspects.

    This Week's Comics:Fallen Angels #1, GI Joe: A Real American Hero #268

  9. #1794
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I can’t see her coming back as Aero but they could spin it with an in-universe reason of her picking a new mutant name that doesn’t remind her of M-Day/Decimation.
    She could choose to honor the dead 'Wing' by poaching his name, assuming he, for whatever reason, either doesn't return to life, or chooses not to be re-empowered if he does return to life...

  10. #1795
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,191

    Default

    That name wouldn't make sense, since she doesn't have wings. Besides, they probably WOULD bring Wing back, if it's possible.

  11. #1796
    Fantastic Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That name wouldn't make sense, since she doesn't have wings. Besides, they probably WOULD bring Wing back, if it's possible.
    Wing didn't have wings either tho.

    Also, why would anyone assume they even CAN bring back Wing given that he was human when he died.

  12. #1797
    Incredible Member Jumpyshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Wing, Winger* & Wingest.

    *Cue 80s rock jokes.

  13. #1798
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That name wouldn't make sense, since she doesn't have wings. Besides, they probably WOULD bring Wing back, if it's possible.
    No more than it 'made sense' for Wing, who didn't have wings, either.

    Or Colleen Wing. But that's just a funny coincidence.

  14. #1799
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    Inspired by our fried Graco's Magik pic seen here

    Pick a NXM and three Pokemon that would fit them.

    Hellion: Lucario, Aloha Raichu, Hydreigon
    Last edited by The Big G; 10-21-2019 at 11:23 PM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  15. #1800
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,339

    Default

    Here's three more


    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •