Page 2 of 137 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

-Honey Garbage
    -Possibility of Prodigy
    -Maaaaaaybe Surge. Maaaaaaaaaybe any other hero with a code name that starts with S.

If I wasn’t reading Champions for Zub’s writing, Cumming’s art, and the legacy kids, the NXM fan in me wouldn’t have bought this. But actually check out #1 because it’s really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Anole's got a regeneration factor, he can regrow limbs, but that's not necessarily the same as a healing factor.
    If he has internal injuries, like fractured ribs or bruised organs, or a concussion, that might still need to heal normally than heal immediately like a Wolverine.

It's like how Icarus' powers were more healing himself from death than any regular injury.
    Fair. I guess it just kind of sucks that Anole was taken out of commission when the Blackbird crashing, exploding, vaporizing, etc etc is the X-Men’s whole thing. They destroy those things all the time and THAT’S what takes out Oya and Anole?? Even Pixie didn’t seem that phases besides hitting her head. It just takes you out of the comic.

im too lazy to make a new Hellion thread....

maybe when he appears again i will
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    New X-Men: Complete Collections

-Back to School
    -Academy X
    -Childhood's End
    -Quest for Magik
    Any clues yet if the Childhood's End still will get a Complete Collection release to match the Academy X one(s)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Any clues yet if the Childhood's End still will get a Complete Collection release to match the Academy X one(s)?
    Edit: Duh, just realized that the list was links to the collections in question. Yay! Will be glad to upgrade those old single trades I got a couple years back.

Anyone know if the extra stories in the Quest for Magik omnibus are worth having for people only interested in the New X-Men kids or if it'd be better to just keep the original trade and save some money? (I only read this stuff because I'm an X-23 fan and liked the other New X-Men characters from the Childhood's End issues.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Edit: Duh, just realized that the list was links to the collections in question. Yay! Will be glad to upgrade those old single trades I got a couple years back.

Anyone know if the extra stories in the Quest for Magik omnibus are worth having for people only interested in the New X-Men kids or if it'd be better to just keep the original trade and save some money? (I only read this stuff because I'm an X-23 fan and liked the other New X-Men characters from the Childhood's End issues.)
    I think the extra stories help enrich the ‘Quest for Magik’ arc, and help Illuana look a bit more sympathetic after everything that went down. I recommend it, but if you are only invested in the New X-Men, then you’re better off with just the trade. I think the stories are kind of like the Dani and New Mutants mini-stories in the Back to School Complete Collection, it doesn’t feature the kids but it does lay more foundation for the story that follows it. But the original trade is still a good investment since you are still getting the story and aren’t really missing anything else.

My Academy X Coll. came in.

2 down, 2 to go.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I know I'm greedy because it's already good that Zub counts Prodigy (if it's David) as reserve member, but I wish he'd be a permanent member instead.
    He would be very good at coordinating the operations, although I'd like him to go on the field too.

They could even use Pixie as a second teleporter. You never had enough of those.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I know I'm greedy because it's already good that Zub counts Prodigy (if it's David) as reserve member, but I wish he'd be a permanent member instead.
    He would be very good at coordinating the operations, although I'd like him to go on the field too.

They could even use Pixie as a second teleporter. You never had enough of those.
    It would be nice to have any New X-Men guest (written well - but Zub definitely does his research) in Champions, as if they could make impressions (amidst a crowded cast, admittedly) on a wider audience and get more of that oft-sought exposure it would only be a good thing. Plus, it wouldn't preclude them appearing in X-Men books if it's reserve status. (I know, I know, don't say "what appearances".)

Surge could certainly make an impression in a cameo/arc; she'd be a really interesting contrast to the more idealistic Champions if she was on the team, plus she's experienced personal (non-superhero) hardship that many of them haven't.

Why didn’t Vic just camouflage to hide? This book is so dumb.
    When? From Hank or when taking the vaccine? If the latter, that would narrow down the list of possible suspects even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Also, I would love a Tynion NXM book.
    From your lips to JDW's ears may these words fly. Is Tynion still exclusive to DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    From your lips to JDW's ears may these words fly. Is Tynion still exclusive to DC?
    I've seen him do work for BOOM and some of the other smaller companies
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I've seen him do work for BOOM and some of the other smaller companies
    I know he still had his creator-owned stuff going. But "exclusive" with the Big Two tends to mean "You agree that you won't work for DC while employed by Marvel" and vice versa. Though, iirc, either DC or Marvel also included Image in there when the last round of exclusive announcements went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    When? From Hank or when taking the vaccine? If the latter, that would narrow down the list of possible suspects even quicker.
    How does Anole's camouflage power work? I assume if he were to enter the room camouflaged and then walk over to the fridge containing the vials, you would still be able to see him pick up a vial.

What if he were to completely cover it with both hands? Would the vial just be floating as he walked away?

(Not that I recommend this in any kind of lab) What if he were to put it in his mouth? I assume that the foods he eats camouflage with him, he isn't Glob. So why would it disappear if it were in his mouth but not his hands?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    How does Anole's camouflage power work? I assume if he were to enter the room camouflaged and then walk over to the fridge containing the vials, you would still be able to see him pick up a vial.

What if he were to completely cover it with both hands? Would the vial just be floating as he walked away?

(Not that I recommend this in any kind of lab) What if he were to put it in his mouth? I assume that the foods he eats camouflage with him, he isn't Glob. So why would it disappear if it were in his mouth but not his hands?
    Near as I can tell, Anole has color changing skin - he's like a chameleon.
    So he probably couldn't steal the thing from the fridge without the camera's seeing him move.

It's actually more reasonable for him to just cover himself like he did - it doesn't hide THAT someone stole it, but does make it harder to tell who.

I think the extra stories help enrich the ‘Quest for Magik’ arc, and help Illuana look a bit more sympathetic after everything that went down. I recommend it, but if you are only invested in the New X-Men, then you’re better off with just the trade I think the stories are kind of like the Dani and New Mutants mini-stories in the Back to School Complete Collection, it doesn’t feature the kids but it does lay more foundation for the story that follows it..
    Thanks for the tip. If they provided a little more context on the character, that would help, IMHO; I learned to take a "just roll with it" in regards to confusing stuff in comics, given how series can get intertwined and reflect things that happened in stories pretty far afield. Even so, I found the Dark Child and Magik part of "Quest For Magik" really confusing, so if there's more material to explain that stuff, I'll take it.

But the original trade is still a good investment since you are still getting the story and aren’t really missing anything else.
    Not really, those things are out of print and way overprices. It's kinda sickening to think that any one of those Complete Collection trades is cheaper and contains more then what you'd have to pay to get the old singles now. I should know; I did it, I don't recommend it now.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Also, I'll take recommendations for what pictures to actually put on that first post. Those are just kind of placeholders that are giving us an idea on where the New X-Men generally are, plus I didn't want to just repeat the same images from the previous thread.

ugh, and Uncanny X-Men #8:

spoilers:
    Anole??????? I.......guess?
    end of spoilers
    What about these?