Page 25 of 137 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So im actually more annoyed at this than i thought I would be...

How are you gonna kill off Loa and Blindfold BUT push Glob, Eyeboy and Nature Girl. No one wants to read about them. Like WTF!
    Well said...I mean why keep Glob and Eyeboy around anyway ?

Because relative blank slates are easier to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Because they're conceptually and aesthetically great. If we think of students who aren't even really on teams as the thing preventing other students from getting pages, and not the real humans making creative decisions, then we've already lost.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

They're writer/editor pets which means they get shoved on us despite repeatedly telling them we don't want them.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    And supposedly we'll be losing Indra and Elixir in upcoming issues. And given that Chamber's down with the morlocks, I wouldn't put much stock into him not getting killed off either.
    That's impossible. Elixir has self-resurrected himself before, he's functionally immortal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's impossible. Elixir has self-resurrected himself before, he's functionally immortal.
    How he died and lost his immortality will be "a story that has yet to be told..."
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just means they'll kill him and he'll come back on his own. They've done it before.

BANNED

Blindfold been through some tougher stuff before and even befriended Legion...so she could have made it through this, right ?

Blindfold been through some tougher stuff before and even befriended Legion...so she could have made it through this, right ?
    Could've but it was really, really bad this time.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    They're writer/editor pets which means they get shoved on us despite repeatedly telling them we don't want them.
    Look for Glob to undergo a secondary mutation giving him Precognition and Matter Phasing/Distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Look for Glob to undergo a secondary mutation giving him Precognition and Matter Phasing/Distortion.
    Why not... he's already randomly had firing energy blasts, lighting himself on fire with no external flame, and controlling his wax like Mercury would her own body switched in and out of his powerset on writer whim...

I know comics fans/X-Men fans already do this, but the fans of students cannibalizing themselves is exhausting. Can't you be sad about the characters you like dying without trying to resent the ones that are still alive?

I recognize it as a crap death and I like Glob and Nature Girl more than them (idgaf about Eye Boy tho). Was not a particularly compelling character for me (but had a cool design) and I still think they deserve better.

I think all the missing New X-Men are Hellion, Dust, Match, Trance, Indra, cipher, graymalkin, and ink. The rest are relatively safe in Age of X-Man. But from Rosenberg’s story DLC tweets, Ink might be on the chopping block, too, with Indra and Elixir.

Yup it's the second culling...are we sure hellion is in Age of X-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I know comics fans/X-Men fans already do this, but the fans of students cannibalizing themselves is exhausting. Can't you be sad about the characters you like dying without trying to resent the ones that are still alive?
    Nope. Nature Girl and Glob are two of those characters who got shoved on us and got the spotlight shined their way rather than the students we kept asking for and wanting more of again and again. Then there's situations like this NextGen book coming up. They say its going to star the characters we keep asking about but...nope, turns out is a stealth Glob solo which means everyone else is going to suffer in favor of him.