Page 41 of 137 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    He was dead though. The only reason he's back at all is because the editors are not very good at their jobs and let it slip by.
    These things can be explained away by skrulls or doombots, I'm sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I really appreciated and enjoyed Dani's interactions with her New Mutants squad, but it took her off the field for too long. And let's face it they aren't going to let Dani become the face of the franchise and simultaneously lead a team book (the way that Logan, Kitty, Emma or Scott did when they each ran the school) without some huge push from the higher ups, so at best she'd just be stuck behind a desk.
    She needs to be on the front lines.

And with Roberto, I just don't want them to ignore how he treated the students when Illyana came back. He had recently been mentoring some of these kids in Young X-Men, and as soon as Magik showed up he was willing to physically fight them to defend her even though some of them had a legitimate beef with her. He even said that she deserved to be there more than the students did.
    I'm a strong believer that the next generation's of mutants should be having a bigger role moving forward, and that characters from Gen X, New Mutants, New X-Men etc. should be apart of the next era of the X-Men. In this regard, I think having Dani or Roberto inherit the title of headmistress of headmaster would be a natural progression in terms of the whole 'student becomes the teacher' trope, which has obviously been done before through every other X-Man that has ever the led the school after Charles Xavier.

I don't see why they couldn't be apart of an X-Team whilst also being in charge of the institute. They don't necessarily have to be A-List X-Men or leading the franchise to be in that role. The institute doesn't need to be the crux in these stories, and I would have no problem with Mirage or Sunspot kicking ass with the New Mutants and then going back to the institute to instruct the next gen- we've seen Logan, Ororo, Scott etc. have it for years.

As for your take on the whole Roberto thing, I can respect where you're coming from, but I'm not sure it's that critical to their relationships. All the X-Adults have disregarded the X-Kids for years- I'm sure they're used to it. Seriously though I think in that particular instance it was more about Roberto being a loyal friend and teammate to Illyana moreso than being about hostility or lack of attachment to the students. And regarding her being more deserving of a place there, I understood that as meaning she'd earnt her stripes as an X-Man and had been through more than them. He probably could have delivered his message in a better way, but that's how I perceived it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    No one, I just thought we could do without two straight white douchebags for a while, that way we fill the NXM death quota without fridging better characters like Loa or Blindfold.

Yes, I'm aware of how much of a cockroach he is.
    Right. I was honestly just surprised you entered the New X-Men Appreciation thread only to bag on two of their core members. You do you though.

'Straight white douchebags' quite frankly could be better applied to a dozen other X-Men (Multiple Man & Quentin Quire included), but I've yet to see any evidence supporting your claim that Hellion and Elixir should be in that category. You're entitled to your own opinion of course, but both of those characters are among my favorites, and I believe them to be better than that. Like many of the NXM, the pair have a lot of potential, and since their own runs ended we've seen very little in terms of character development on all fronts, as they've been excluded from core events and haven't really factored into anything 'big' happening within the X-Books for a number of years (meanwhile Glob and Quire got shoved down our throats)
    Furthermore, there shouldn't be a NXM death quota in the first place, but if anyone has to die, then please let it be mutants that nobody really cares about anymore, rather than those with a lot of potential that have already been sidelined for years. I don't think Loa or Blindfold should have died either, but neither would I want Hellion or Elixir to take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    IF they relaunch the school post-AoXM, let's hope nobody elects Kitty as headmistress. Reinstate Jean, Ororo, Emma or Scott, or allow someone new to take the reigns- Sunspot and/or Dani Moonstar would be my suggestion.
    Dani and 'Berto would be wasted as heads of the school. While I really liked Weir and DePhillips New Mutants, it was not good for Dani at all. I don't think anyone ever wrote her worse. (Okay, I've blanked out Guggenheim's Young X-men.) While I can see her as an occasional instructor, she should never again be limited like that. Likewise, Roberto should be a mover and shaker on the world stage, for better or worse, not tied to the school.

IMO, the proper head of the school is Sam. Sam's always been the caregiver of the New Mutants, and heading the school would give him time with his wife and kid.

Glob is gonna be headmaster, let's be realistic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    IMO, the proper head of the school is Sam. Sam's always been the caregiver of the New Mutants, and heading the school would give him time with his wife and kid.
    Good point, and particularly key because there are six more Guthrie's in the pipeline to go to that school, eventually. Sam and Paige, actually, would make an interesting administrative team. (Maybe even their mom, Lucinda.) Melody's already been a student, and another, Jeb, I think, already has his powers, but hasn't yet gotten any training. Still five to go (one of which Age of Apocalypse foreshadowed becoming a ginormous size-changer named Amazon).

One wonders how Lucinda affords to support all those mouths to feed. Very rarely, there'll be some mention of Sam sending money home, but at other times, he seems to be blissfully jobless and unconcerned that his siblings might be starving to death back in Kentucky... Getting his mom a support staff job at the school could go a long way to A) having them around for when their mutations flare up and B) giving his mom an actual paycheck.

The point of the thread is New X-Men appreciation, don't call for them to be killed etc. Thank you plz.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    These things can be explained away by skrulls or doombots, I'm sure.
    The Eyeboy who died was actually a Doombot Skrull sent to infiltrate the Xavier School to corrupt the Phoenix so that the alien armada can invade from Space Latveria who regularly do battle with Space Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The Eyeboy who died was actually a Doombot Skrull sent to infiltrate the Xavier School to corrupt the Phoenix so that the alien armada can invade from Space Latveria who regularly do battle with Space Wakanda.
    Twelve-issue maxi-series with seven tie-in minis coming to you from Aaron, Cates, and Rosenberg this summer, True Believers!

"Anole bein gay"
    comic by: browsdraws

IF they relaunch the school post-AoXM, let's hope nobody elects Kitty as headmistress. Reinstate Jean, Ororo, Emma or Scott, or allow someone new to take the reigns- Sunspot and/or Dani Moonstar would be my suggestion.

I suspect Dust is our Champion, which would justify her absence. I've no idea why the others were excluded, and why they didn't answer the call to arms. I can only hope Rosenberg doesn't take the opportunity to clean the slate and kill them off.
    Especially when it explicitly shows Indra and Loa reacting to the message. And YES, the New Mutants should’ve already been teachers and headmasters/mistresses. To carry the momentum, the X-Office should’ve had two spots or three ready for Roberto after No Surrender ended. But I would like some resolution between the remaining New Mutants and New X-Men (like did Magma ever apologize for killing Dust?)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Eye Boy isn't dead. We have multiple appearances of him post the Venomized mini series in which he seemed pretty fine.
    I do get that, but he still "died" under Kitty's watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Twelve-issue maxi-series with seven tie-in minis coming to you from Aaron, Cates, and Rosenberg this summer, True Believers!
    Doom War Invasion. This time, everyone is Doomed.

I like the idea of Emma coming back as the headmistress, but if it came to a new person I would put my money on Xi'an, personally. If the school didn't suffer any major disasters to rend her soul, she'd be pretty darn perfect for the job.

Wolverine: Dust from Above #1
    words by: Joao M.P. Lemos
    art by: Francesca Ciregia
    colors by: Emily Warren

"A wandering youth. A swordsmith by the sea. A demon in the mountains. Some lessons are best taught in parables... but will the youngest X-Men unlock the riddle of Logan's Edo-era tale, "The Dust From Above"? It's a feudal Japanese fable with a shocking twist!"

I was never able to find this issue online, but - hi, I'm courtneywhitless on tumblr and this is the one strong outlier to my whitewashing Loa post. Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaura View Post
    I was never able to find this issue online, but - hi, I'm courtneywhitless on tumblr and this is the one strong outlier to my whitewashing Loa post. Thank you for sharing!
    Oh, no problem! Yeah, the more Loa was brought into prominence, the more she got lighter and lighter (and her hair got more reddish for some reason).

I honestly wonder if they will start up the school model again. The attitude of the last editorial slate was "a school needs students", while the current one seems to be "packing all these younger generations under one roof makes the X-Men look old". After Disassembled and AoXM, it wouldn't surprise me if we see most of the younger students fly the coop.