Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Yeah, the editor said that the O5 (minus Iceman) are now 28 years old.

It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I’m interested and kind of scared of what the New X-Men are gonna deal with post-AOXM because it sounds like they are scrapping the school idea for now. Dust has a home, though:

*From today’s release: Champions #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, I’m interested and kind of scared of what the New X-Men are gonna deal with post-AOXM because it sounds like they are scrapping the school idea for now. Dust has a home, though:

*From today’s release: Champions #3
    Who is the artist here?

It's nice to see Dust again. I hope she is written well with the Champions. Has she been appearing regularly in any other X-comics?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Who is the artist here?

It's nice to see Dust again. I hope she is written well with the Champions. Has she been appearing regularly in any other X-comics?
    Steve Cummings. Jim Zub co-created the series "Wayward" for Image before teaming up again for the new Champions book. He's pretty great.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Between this and the scene with Hellion in Uncanny Avengers it seems that Zub has more respect for the New X-Men than most X-writers these days...

They get some love in heroclix!

Last year a Xavier School Set had a lot of the Academy X students along with Gen X and some more X-Static

Yeah, I scored a couple of them in a booster a while back. Surge, and Two of the Cuckoos. Unfortunately the paint jobs on the figures aren't what they used to be, but it's pretty sweet that the game's been around long enough for characters that weren't even created when it was around to have gotten figures. I spent a regrettable amount of money collecting the Runaways figures from the past few expansions.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, I scored a couple of them in a booster a while back. Surge, and Two of the Cuckoos. Unfortunately the paint jobs on the figures aren't what they used to be, but it's pretty sweet that the game's been around long enough for characters that weren't even created when it was around to have gotten figures. I spent a regrettable amount of money collecting the Runaways figures from the past few expansions.
    Too true, on both counts. I collected Clix when they first came out, and it was a surprise that the paint jobs actually got worse.

from older sets;

http://www.hcrealms.com/units/gx050.jpg

The Xavier set had Broo, Goldballs, Kid Gladiator and as Personamanx mentions the three cuckoos,

Quentin as been clixed too, and Warbird is in an upcoming set

These kids get some love in the Heroclix community, always in most wanted lists to be made.

I'm championing Loa, Wallflower, Wind Dancer, modern Rockslide, Wither, Blindfold, Trance as much as I can, and I'm delighted with what we've gotten so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Too true, on both counts. I collected Clix when they first came out, and it was a surprise that the paint jobs actually got worse.
    I think they started using a more malleable plastic at some point as well, it can really hurt a lot of the sculpts. They don't snap off their bases as often at least. The Cuckoo figures look alright in the wilderness, but the Surge figure just looks awful.

Since getting back into the collection aspect of the game I haven't actually played a match. Not sure how good they are in the new meta. There are a lot of figures from the recent Battleworld expansion that work amazingly well as DnD Miniatures however.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I think they started using a more malleable plastic at some point as well, it can really hurt a lot of the sculpts. They don't snap off their bases as often at least. The Cuckoo figures look alright in the wilderness, but the Surge figure just looks awful.

Since getting back into the collection aspect of the game I haven't actually played a match. Not sure how good they are in the new meta. There are a lot of figures from the recent Battleworld expansion that work amazingly well as DnD Miniatures however.
    lmao! aye! I was like, yew!, what's this! dammit, big booty though. She played really well though.

I just collect but by no means a complete-ist. I've learnt all the rules, but it's just too much of a time commitment sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Between this and the scene with Hellion in Uncanny Avengers it seems that Zub has more respect for the New X-Men than most X-writers these days...
    I feel bad for Sooraya. She probably either just found her mother or it was another unsuccessful lead, she lost almost all her friends (again), she’s getting harassed by a group of anti-mutant Islamophobic a-holes, and is getting told to calm down by the Trolls Reject.

It's great to see Sooraya branch out, but a word of warning on Jim Zub, in that he can be overly reactionary to fans.

During his Uncanny Avengers run, someone from these boards asked him about the Rogue and Johnny Storm 'off panel relationship', as a WTF was that all about?. Zub didn't get the snark and then diligently went away thinking that people were interested in it and so gave it way too much attention.

Make any requests/communication very clear!