Page 43 of 137 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Man Hellion has been BUSY over at DC recently....

He's married with a kid!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Huh? What makes you think of Superboy when talking about Hellion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    It's great to see Sooraya branch out, but a word of warning on Jim Zub, in that he can be overly reactionary to fans.

During his Uncanny Avengers run, someone from these boards asked him about the Rogue and Johnny Storm 'off panel relationship', as a WTF was that all about?. Zub didn't get the snark and then diligently went away thinking that people were interested in it and so gave it way too much attention.

Make any requests/communication very clear!
    I sent him a tweet earlier suggesting he have a word with Jordan D White, whose X-Men Monday feature on AIPT last week basically told us Dust would be a Champion. The only thing he didn't do was name the book - but it wasn't one of his, which made it obvious. Zub made all that effort to keep it a surprise, only for the X office to blab.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-06-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I sent him a tweet earlier suggesting he have a word with Jordan D White, whose X-Men Monday feature on AIPT last week basically told us Dust would be a Champion. The only thing he didn't do was name the book - but it wasn't one of his, which made it obvious. Zub made all that effort to keep it a surprise, only for the X office to blab.
    Jordan D White and Tom Brevoort seem very similar in character.

I know they are saying what they're saying in a humorous way but it come across a bit too trollish and taunting sometimes.

Those AIPT interviews are x-actly like the old x-positions, always leaving me more irritated than excited, I'm gonna start deliberately avoiding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? What makes you think of Superboy when talking about Hellion?
    Because Conner and Julian are basically the same guy....I mean have you seen the two of them together in the same room?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    lmao! aye! I was like, yew!, what's this! dammit, big booty though. She played really well though.

I just collect but by no means a complete-ist. I've learnt all the rules, but it's just too much of a time commitment sometimes
    Good to know they're not all point fillers. The Cuckoos appeared to function more as a team if you had three or more of them, but I haven't seen the dials/cards for the others.

I used to know the rules back when it was just a Mage Knight offshoot, but in the years between dropping the game as a kid, and picking it up again as an adult.... It's a different animal. Even if the old figures were compatible with the newer expansions the numbers are so much higher.

The next X-Men event should be inspired by the results of a HeroClix match between two people who aren't entirely clear on the rules.

Also, I had to resist a lot of temptation earlier today. My LCS had a sale on Clix boosters. Buy two, get one free. Couldn't really justify buying two however.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Because Conner and Julian are basically the same guy....I mean have you seen the two of them together in the same room?
    Dang, you have a good point. You might just be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaura View Post
    Dang, you have a good point. You might just be on to something.

The conspiracy deepens

Hm. I feel like we aren't as excited about Dust being on a new team as we should be.

I'm excited to see Dust and Ms Marvel finally interact and possibly Dust getting to talk to Cyclops during WotR.

I commented on the other thread, it's cool. Dust can have interesting chemistry with Kamala and always had a good relationship with Scott, so it can also be interesting in WotR. Champions is a good place for her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hm. I feel like we aren't as excited about Dust being on a new team as we should be.

I'm excited to see Dust and Ms Marvel finally interact and possibly Dust getting to talk to Cyclops during WotR.
    It's super exciting. Zub really seems to get his characters, and I'm excited to see what he does with Dust. And yes it'll 100% be a missed opportunity if Sooraya doesn't get to spend quality time with Kamala and Scott by the time War of the Realms comes around

I'm extremely excited, I tried to find a gif for it but there isn't one to capture how happy I am. Even though Surge was my #1, Dust wasn't too far behind her so we still win either way.

There's a dedicated thread about an X girl joining Champions, started as soon as Zub teased it. That's probably why it hasn't been talked about much in this thread.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really appreciated how the narration played up how are inspiring Dust's powers can be when she really lets loose.

I feel like writers think of her as a dime store Sandman, which is true in its own way, but I think of her as more specialized.

Sandstorms are terrifying, and the speed that she would need to move each of her particles in order to flay the skin off of people makes it even scarier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Sandstorms are terrifying, and the speed that she would need to move each of her particles in order to flay the skin off of people makes it even scarier.
    I couldn't read that without this popping into my head.

Sooraya and Kamala is a great opportunity that I hope gets utilised well, considering they are Muslim representation in different ways. Apart from the awkward "Family Drama" gaffe, it was a promising intro for Dust and I'm looking forward to seeing her dynamics with the rest of the Champions.