Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Wow! Dust gets to do things???
    Not only that but she effortlessly took down a cosmic level threat

Kaldera was trained by Proxima Midnight, she was kept as a pet so she's not quite on that level but still for ancharacter who hasn't really been allowed to do anything for the past few years this is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    : )

*GASP!* You mean to tell me the New X-Men are competent and can do more than just stand in the background?

Finally someone that seems to care to write down a New X-men character decently and being able to do something. See that X-editors? It's possible for those characters to be more than background furniture.

Dust not even flinching as she no-sells that stab is fantastic.

Dima Ivanov blesses us once again with another commission with a New X-Man on it:

X-Men: Secret Ops

A commission I did couple weeks ago. I was asked to redesign this trio, but I basically used redesigns for Bedlam and Bishop I made in the past with changes to their hairstyles. For Prodigy I based it on his Young Avengers design.
    Last edited by Tycon; 04-07-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Random Hellion Facts that i've come up with:

1. He dyes his hair black...no one knows what his natural hair color is....

2. He's allergic to fabric softer and coconut

3. He moon lights as pianist and vocalist for an 80s cover band. He sings a pretty mean 'Tiny Dancer". No one knows about this....save for Jubilee....whose blackmailed him for life about it.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Random Hellion Facts that i've come up with:

1. He dyes his hair black...no one knows what his natural hair color is....

2. He's allergic to fabric softer and coconut

3. He moon lights as pianist and vocalist for an 80s cover band. He sings a pretty mean 'Tiny Dancer". No one knows about this....save for Jubilee....whose blackmailed him for life about it.
    Ha! Kinda related: I have a weird headcanon that Pixie, having grown up in a tiny Welsh mining town, is a monster of a guitarist who can shred up a storm but can also play all sorts. This is inspired by a friend of mine growing up who was the antithesis of a typical (wannabe) rockstar but was an absolutely ridiculous musician since he just practised and studied so much. I also just like the idea of Pixie shredding away and headbanging while flying with her cute fairy wings.

(I grew up in a small village in the British countryside and it really does give you a lot of time to focus on your hobbies.)

ive never really had any Pixie HCs...though i've always seen Pixie as more GLAM/Pop than rock
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Finally someone that seems to care to write down a New X-men character decently and being able to do something. See that X-editors? It's possible for those characters to be more than background furniture.
    She was added to the cast list on the recap page by the way, so that confirms she's officially on the team. The other six new additions (Falcon, Patriot, Locust, Bombshell, Pinpoint and Power Man) are NOT on that cast list.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    ive never really had any Pixie HCs...though i've always seen Pixie as more GLAM/Pop than rock
    No doubt that she loves the pop and the cheese, I could just see her busting out a face melting solo on a pop song a la Beat It or Dirty Diana or Nuno Bettencourt being Rihanna's touring lead guitarist, for example*. Alex Skolnick plays Jazz and Thrash Metal, and Marty Friedman went from Megadeth to being a successful musician in Japan, so I just like the idea that Pixie is game for anything and is the go to guitarist for any bands at the mansion.

*Hey Dazzler and/or Lila!

I could also totally see Surge being a drummer, she would have the quick hands/feat and coordination. Any other musical New X-Men anyone sees? (I say that Prodigy doesn't count unless you see him doing it as a hobby!)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was added to the cast list on the recap page by the way, so that confirms she's officially on the team. The other six new additions (Falcon, Patriot, Locust, Bombshell, Pinpoint and Power Man) are NOT on that cast list.
    If Dust is actually with the cast for the long haul, I'll have to start picking up Champions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Any other musical New X-Men anyone sees? (I say that Prodigy doesn't count unless you see him doing it as a hobby!)
    I always 'saw' Pixie into regional music, which is cliche, but that's where my head went. Rockier stuff like U2 and the Cranberries, or even the Eurythmics or Garbage, but also more esoteric stuff like Enya.

As for other New X-Men, I'd have been intrigued if they had a 'Talent Show' issue where some of them did music, a line-reading, stand-up comedy routine, some stage magic, gymnastics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I always 'saw' Pixie into regional music, which is cliche, but that's where my head went. Rockier stuff like U2 and the Cranberries, or even the Eurythmics or Garbage, but also more esoteric stuff like Enya.

As for other New X-Men, I'd have been intrigued if they had a 'Talent Show' issue where some of them did music, a line-reading, stand-up comedy routine, some stage magic, gymnastics, etc.
    Oh, I could totally see that, and obviously some Welsh bands: Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, Super Furry Animals etc. (But yeah, I want to say Enya and Bjork for sure!)

I would love to see a Talent Show one shot with the New X-Men. We kinda got Sports Day with the Avengers Academy so it would be a fun follow-up.

NewXmenFinal.jpg

My commission by Luis Laczky

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    NewXmenFinal.jpg

My commission by Luis Laczky
    oh my god.