Page 58 of 137 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

I can't believe that Dust is in Australia and we probably won't get a reference to the Outback era

Isn't that over a decade before her time?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't that over a decade before her time?
    and this is in a non-X-book so I dont see why there would be a reference there

Just saying it would be a nice reference, a one off line about how the X-Men used to live there the last time the world thought they were dead

Especially considering that adult Scott is supposed to guest star in this arc

And I just remembered that Snowguard has her own Siege Parallel

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    While I do agree that New Mutants (vol. 2) and the early Academy X run are not strictly necessary to understand and enjoy Kyle & Yost's run, I think it's fun to experience the dramatic shift in tone from those early DeFilippis/Weir stories to the post-Decimation stuff. I think it all flows pretty organically and, as much as I love the original New Mutants, I think the book benefitted immensely when the focus shifted 100% of the kids.
    Yeah, I can see that. IMHO, though, I think Childhood's End had the better storytelling, but Academy X and whatnot had the better cast. I read them in reverse (started in the middle because X-23 was in that chunk and then went back because I liked the other characters in it) and I think I would've been ticked off had I done it in order, maybe to the point that I wouldn't have been able to appreciate the later stories.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Just saying it would be a nice reference, a one off line about how the X-Men used to live there the last time the world thought they were dead

Especially considering that adult Scott is supposed to guest star in this arc

And I just remembered that Snowguard has her own Siege Parallel
    Scott wasn’t an X-men during that era. It would feel empty coming from him

Yeah, that's when he was on X-Factor.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Champions #5 was the best issue of Rosenberg’s Uncanny X-Men.

I guess it's late enough in the day:

Uncanny X-Men #17: surprise surprise Prodigy snuck his way out of Age of X-Man and found his way at Rahne's funeral. He seems like he's doing alright with the knowledge that all of his friends are dead. also Logan my brown king <3 <3

he might as well join the team since there're like 5 issues left

Champions #5: Kind of sad that Scott is keeping Sooraya out of the loop but I guess she already thinks everyone is dead anyway. She officially joins the Champions this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Used to really love the X-Men...then they just became all "Age of Whatever" gimmicky. What next...Age of Wolverine...and alternate reality where all mutants have Logans powers?? Have been pushing the whole "hated and feared" thing into the dirt. There must be plenty of people out there who have had positive experiences and a positive view of mutants...at least as far as treating everyone as an individual. Look at War or Realms and the latest issue of Champions. Cyclops and the X-Men are protecting people at a stadium in Queens...and your going to tell me they are all going to all go back to "the only good mutant is a dead mutant." There needs to be an evolution in feelings on mutants....maybe with a lawsuit. Have a mutant who gets attacked by the government for the crime of MIP (mutant in public)...instead of running and joining the X-Men or a terrorist group he lawyers up and sues the government in a massive civil rights case and being public about what happened sways public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I guess it's late enough in the day:

Uncanny X-Men #17: surprise surprise Prodigy snuck his way out of Age of X-Man and found his way at Rahne's funeral. He seems like he's doing alright with the knowledge that all of his friends are dead. also Logan my brown king <3 <3

he might as well join the team since there're like 5 issues left

Champions #5: Kind of sad that Scott is keeping Sooraya out of the loop but I guess she already thinks everyone is dead anyway. She officially joins the Champions this issue.

Prodigy isn't in Age of X-Man is he? He's depowered, remember, so he would have no reason to be summoned by Jean.

Incidentally, this confirms that Gabby is the only one of the Champions Reinforcement Roster that Kamala can't call in.

I don't think Evangeline Whedon even knew Rahne. But I heard she appeared on Gifted (the tv show), so the goth must be her.

The other ones are a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Prodigy isn't in Age of X-Man is he? He's depowered, remember, so he would have no reason to be summoned by Jean.

Incidentally, this confirms that Gabby is the only one of the Champions Reinforcement Roster that Kamala can't call in.
    I thought he was because he was drawn in that one scene in the finale for Disassembled where Horseman!Storm was throwing people around. Maybe she threw David off the battlefield lmaooo. He's still depowered but he still does have all his previous knowledge from everyone he's absorbed unlocked. If written correctly, he should be more of a threat than Anole or Glob. No offense to the former.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I don't think Evangeline Whedon even knew Rahne. But I heard she appeared on Gifted (the tv show), so the goth must be her.

The other ones are a mystery.
    Can we all collectively pretend the brunette woman is just a whitewashed Sofia?

Ultimate Member

Wow, Dani's necklace up there is huge and kind of jarring. It looks more Asgardian than Cheyenne, although that might be as appropriate for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He's still depowered but he still does have all his previous knowledge from everyone he's absorbed unlocked. If written correctly, he should be more of a threat than Anole or Glob. No offense to the former.
    Ha!

Can we all collectively pretend the brunette woman is just a whitewashed Sofia?
    Let's do!

It's a shame i'm getting so pumped about the little things with Dust in Champions but thats only because the X-Office gives us so little.