Page 61 of 137 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Comic Geek in General

My thought is, where will all these New X-Men go in Hickman’s run? Will he relaunch Uncanny/ Regular X-Men with the Original Team and the All New Era? (Cyclops, Jean. Beast, Iceman, Angel, Storm, Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, Colossus, Kitty, Havok, Magik, Psylocke, Bishop, Polaris.....the seasoned X-Men)? Will he launch New X-Men for the newer team members? What about a team consisting of reformed enemies (Juggernaut, Emma, Magneto, Blob)? We’ll have to wait and see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Good ol' Mike Carey, he did wonders with X-Men Legacy. I miss that book and hope we'll see something like it again.

It served as a spine to the franchise, picking up threads from events, used and developed existing characters, and had it's own direction too.

He rarely resorted to killing characters even within such a long run, only Ariel and Tempo come to mind, and he felt so guilty with Ariel that he dedicated his last issue to bringing her back. Tempo is a shame as I really like her look and powers, but she could be easily be brought back if wanted.

He gave some great scenes and stories to Bling!, Trance, Indra, Blindfold and many others of this generation.

Some of the many highlights for me;

The San Fran Riot in #226 and #227 - Hope Abbot/Trance gets some additional offensive and defensive power and features Moonstone as Ms Marvel <3 <3 she was the best! and Ares the GOD OF WAR!

X-Men Legacy Annual #001 - kicks of a great, spooky and wonderfully drawn Bling! and Emplate tale (both Bling! and Trance get themselves some new power developments)

#231 kicks off Clay Manns great run with on art - Blindfold is a amazing in this arc, brilliant character, she's freaky and yet I still want to hug her, Carey wrote her beautifully...... ugh I'm getting angry at uncanny again now.
    She definitely warrants an animation or game or movie appearance, she tugged on my heart strings enough without uncanny, but I'm thinking maybe she was sacrificed as to cut ties or provoke Joss Whedon, who created her.

I could go on and on, even more, ha!, almost every issue during Carey and Christos Gages runs develop or creates threads for one or more of these characters.

Oh and Christos Gages WW Hulk X-Men gives these characters a note worthy show too.

I've always wondered whether Wallflower was initially meant to be the one to eventually deal with the Hulk, she's a bit of a silver bullet towards with him. Nevertheless it's great to have Mercury be given such a scene.
    I'm rereading Legacy and it really is great, even as someone who hates Rogneto(!). I wanted to chime in and agree that the the WWH mini is a really cool extended fight, done so well. I'm not normally one for big fights, but it's manages to have plenty of good moments of strategy and tactics in it.
    Wallflower did easily defeat the Danger Room Hulk in New X-Men so her absence was definitely felt, but it allowed for some fun attempts, and that great Mercury scene.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So, is there any news regarding The NXM's role in Hick's new relaunch ?
    Are they going to play a prominant role as actual characters (not wallpaper or bodycount) or have Marvel grown tired of taking my money these past few months ?

No, but Hickman made sure to let us know that Eye Boy has a role. Which is always fun to Academy X fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No, but Hickman made sure to let us know that Eye Boy has a role. Which is always fun to Academy X fans.
    Reality is often disappointing - Thanos 2018

I just hope that Glob makes it.

MAJOR Nextgen #4 spoilers:spoilers:
    Rockslide, Armor, Pixie, Glob, and Match all appear. Anole goes through with Maggott’s plan and blows up the Hope Summers Library. I.....at least hope they don’t kill him off but they screwed him so bad in the 616. I’m at least hoping this is how we get Popeye arm Anole back.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Reality is often disappointing - Thanos 2018
    I’m sure Hickman is gonna use them. He’s been talking big game about breaking the nostalgia cycle and I think the NXM were the ones most affected by that. Plus, Kelly Thompson said that Hellion would be involved with something down the line so I’m assuming he’s at least showing up to say a sentence in HoX or could even have a big role in a Wave 1 book.

I’m sure Hickman is gonna use them. He’s been talking big game about breaking the nostalgia cycle and I think the NXM were the ones most affected by that. Plus, Kelly Thompson said that Hellion would be involved with something down the line so I’m assuming he’s at least showing up to say a sentence in HoX or could even have a big role in a Wave 1 book.
    Here's me.
    Holding my breath.

BANNED

Plus, Kelly Thompson said that Hellion would be involved with something down the line so I’m assuming he’s at least showing up to say a sentence in HoX or could even have a big role in a Wave 1 book.
    *Fingers Crossed*X-23 Relaunch! X-23Relaunch! X-23 Relaunch!*Fingers Crossed*

BANNED

Laura is definitely getting a new book, but it's probably wave 2. I'm betting on wave 1 being the two main team books, Wolverine and an X-Factor/X-Force book, something like that. If there is a school book in the works, it's probably for the second wave, along with Laura's book. Just a theory, though.

it’s not Anole’s year, is it? he needs a boyfriend to make up for how much brisson hurt him. i recommend Indra.
    Last edited by Tycon; 05-16-2019 at 08:16 AM.

it’s not Anole’s year, is it? he needs a boyfriend to make up for how much brisson hurt him. i recommend Indra.
    We need Match to come out as a bi possessive boyfriend with Anole.

MAJOR Nextgen #4 spoilers:
    Plus, Kelly Thompson said that Hellion would be involved with something down the line so I’m assuming he’s at least showing up to say a sentence in HoX or could even have a big role in a Wave 1 book.
    Im sure she was probably referring to Nightcrawler....which comes out next week. SO more Thespian Hellion shenanigans.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    We need Match to come out as a bi possessive boyfriend with Anole.
    Pixie as the double wingmate, mayhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Im sure she was probably referring to Nightcrawler....which comes out next week. SO more Thespian Hellion shenanigans.
    I was thinking she was referring to the Amazing Nightcrawler but she followed that up with saying that she didn't know if Surge was being used or not. So it's probably a book after AoXM/Rosencany shenanigans

Anyone else wanna bet that the last few episodes of GoT is giving Hellion flashbacks to when he snapped.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.