Page 64 of 137 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

You already know what this is:

Happy Pride~!!!!

And to you too Tycon! Love our precious gaybies.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It goes without saying that I enjoyed that particular Runaways mini. I'm not one to ship, but Pixie and Jubilee are definitely fun.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Kyle’s remarks hold as much weight as Claremont’s that he intended Creed to be Logan’s father.

Which is to say, none whatsoever.

I always thought Laura put out more bi energy than homosexual energy. I’d be really into Laura x Jubilee if Julian didn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Kyle’s remarks hold as much weight as Claremont’s that he intended Creed to be Logan’s father.

Which is to say, none whatsoever.
    A better comparison would be Claremont saying he intended his portrayal of Kitty and Rachel’s relationship as romantic. We know for sure that the “Creed as Logan’s father” thing is too far out of current continuity to be remotely possible. But Laura’s still severely repressed and her relationship with Angel wasn’t healthy at all. Plus, I took Kyle’s remark to mean she’s “generally gay” like she could still be bi.

I like to imagine there's an alternate universe in which New X-Men is still being published and Laura and Cessily became more than friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I always thought Laura put out more bi energy than homosexual energy. I’d be really into Laura x Jubilee if Julian didn’t exist.
    Yeah, I definitely see her as Bi too. I can see Jubes, but I would like her with Pixie for that fun contrast of personalities with shared darkness (and like... normal couple dynamics stuff haha).

Bling! still deserves some love. There was always that unresolved kiss between her and Jubilee....wow I’m just now noticing how many NXM got paired up with Jubilee. Megan, Roxy, Santo, and Laura (though i do kind of see them as sisters/Logan’s daughters). Honorary mention to HoM!Sooraya and Julian’s short shorts.

I think it has to do with her being considered to be a prominent X-Man, and that her short lived solo series* that took place during the Academy X era established that despite her significantly longer career they were all within the same age group. If you want to give Jubilee a romantic subplot or even some subtext, those students make up a huge portion of who she could realistically date.

*And of course her HoM appearances as a direct peer.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Generation X and Academy X overlapped a LOT as far as ages go. I think Surge and Prodigy are actually older than Jubilee but I’m not super sure. If not then they’re definitely the same ages. But of course, no writers (or JDW) want to see the New X-Men in that light so they write a story where Jubilee is still condescending to them, even calling Rockslide, Pixie, Armor, and Glob “kids” after uh.....almost dating one or two of them.

in conclusion, &#@% Disassembled with a stick.

I forgot to list Jubilee as one of Surge's archnemeses

There's a lot of age fluidity, and overlap. I don't necessarily mind this, but it can lead to some weird situations/confusion. It's one thing for Jubilee to look down on those who came after her due to sheer experience, but a little acknowledgement that she's in the same demographic wouldn't hurt.

Her post M-Day appearances in Wolverine Origins, and New Warriors really don't help. IIRC she was certainly implied to be an adult woman in those stories. The vampire thing feels like they aged her down.