Page 65 of 137 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    There's a lot of age fluidity, and overlap. I don't necessarily mind this, but it can lead to some weird situations/confusion. It's one thing for Jubilee to look down on those who came after her due to sheer experience, but a little acknowledgement that she's in the same demographic wouldn't hurt.
    I feel like Jubilee looking down on the teens added later is just a retread of the 'Kitty calls the New Mutants 'X-Babies' and flips out childishly when re-assigned to join them.' It was a cutely ironic move back in the day, but clearly was done tongue-in-cheek, and not to make Kitty look great, and I'm not thrilled to see it recycled, either with Jubilee and the New X-Men, or various New X-Men looking down on even newer arrivals, or whatever. (Counter-examples, like Julian and Santos hanging out with newer-creation Broo as 'X-bros', are nice contrasts to that.)

There's a part of me that wants the generations like the New X-Men who 'showed up together' to stick together (since I love their various interactions, like the initially icy relationship between Surge and Dust, or the romance between Hellion and Wind-Dancer), but another that fully supports some intermingling, so that we can have groupings that include some 'classic' New X-Men and some others who arrived at different times, like Goldballz or Nature Girl or Shark Girl or Armor or Evan/Genesis or Ernst or Teenage Negasonic Warhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Yeah, I definitely see her as Bi too. I can see Jubes, but I would like her with Pixie for that fun contrast of personalities with shared darkness (and like... normal couple dynamics stuff haha).
    Ha, I just reread Nation X #2 and Pixie's in that bisexual plaid, courtesy of Becky Cloonan.

Pixie Bisexual Plaid.jpg

^^ That was a convincing post! I really want to see the "X-Force" stage for Nori, Prodigy, Sofia, Mercury, Bling, Rockslide, and Anole, including new designs (new hair!).

It’s time to reintroduce the New X-Men’s siblings but especially Nori’s brother. He’s most likely grown up indoctrinated by her dad’s anti-mutant rhetoric or may be a mutant himself. And it’s beyond time for new designs, hopefully they won’t still get stuck in generic X-student outfits in the HiX-Men era.

https://mobile.twitter.com/markbrook...07914927259656

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brooks
    Bust sketch from Denver Comic Con the past weekend. Dust was a member of New X-men way back in the mid 2000s. I drew her during my run on the book and don't think I've drawn her since. A fun little challenge.

Man I've missed Brooks drawing these kids

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

I think Surge was one of the more interesting characters to come out of her era. Would like to see her on the big screen someday (maybe in like a "lower decks" movie about a X-students squad getting caught up in something they have to solve themselves).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

whoa. WHOA. WHOAEHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA

spoilers:
    Huge spoilers but I think we can all disavow Anole from stealing the cure. He didn’t really do it.
    end of spoilers

whoa. WHOA. WHOAEHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOAWHOA

spoilers:
    Huge spoilers but I think we can all disavow Anole from stealing the cure. He didn’t really do it.
    end of spoilers
    Dude, you know you gotta explain that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Dude, you know you gotta explain that. XD
    spoilers:
    Emma ended up getting captured and tortured by Callahan for days. He promised her a bit more freedom if he got something in return, so Emma told him that there was a cure that Hank had been cooking up and that she could get it for him. But she needed someone on the inside to grab it, so she took control of Anole’s mind to grab it.

Oh and also Elixir is the Black Bishop of Emma’s new Hellfire Club.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Emma ended up getting captured and tortured by Callahan for days. He promised her a bit more freedom if he got something in return, so Emma told him that there was a cure that Hank had been cooking up and that she could get it for him. But she needed someone on the inside to grab it, so she took control of Anole’s mind to grab it.

end of spoilers
    Oh. Oh dear. I mean, spoilers:
    small yay for Rosenberg maybe realizing there had been enough shitting on the younger mutants and course correcting, I guess. But maaaan, the Emma fans are going to riot. And I guess we've seen how some of these deaths are going to be undone.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Ok... That's a positive development - for the character at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh. Oh dear. I mean, spoilers:
    small yay for Rosenberg maybe realizing there had been enough shitting on the younger mutants and course correcting, I guess. But maaaan, the Emma fans are going to riot. And I guess we've seen how some of these deaths are going to be undone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh, Emma fans.......this isn’t as bad as IvX but.....MAAAAAAAAN. Also, Logan and Kwannon secretly followed “Captain America” and Mister Sinister to the Hellfire Club to confront Emma, Mystique, Marrow, Elixir, and Sinister. whewwwwww oh also Vanisher died but I wasn’t really sure how or cared enough to find out.

But we do know that Emma secretly stashed away Sinister, presumably so she can use him to find a way to reverse the mutant vaccine
    end of spoilers