Page 66 of 137 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Extremely excited to see Josh excel in his new career as "Summers Disability Fixer." X-Office, stahp.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    Emma ended up getting captured and tortured by Callahan for days. He promised her a bit more freedom if he got something in return, so Emma told him that there was a cure that Hank had been cooking up and that she could get it for him. But she needed someone on the inside to grab it, so she took control of Anole’s mind to grab it.

Oh and also Elixir is the Black Bishop of Emma’s new Hellfire Club.
    end of spoilers
    This smacks of damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This smacks of damage control.
    It feels too attached to the narrative to have been placed in there because of fan outrage. I could be wrong but I don’t know how long it takes to edit and/or create a scene for a comic that may have already been scripted at that point. But the question is how long was she posing as Anole? Did she also give him the excuse to use if anyone asked?

I'm gonna miss whatever Elixir and Vanisher had...

Spoilers Dark Phoenix
    spoilers:
    I can't believe that freaking Match made it to the last X-Fox movie
    At least according to the credits, he was here and the actor's name is Lamar Johnson.
    I just watched the movie and I didn't notice him. Either one of the background kids or one of Magneto's guards.
    Anyway, congratulations, Match... I guess?
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Spoilers Dark Phoenix
    spoilers:
    I can't believe that freaking Match made it to the last X-Fox movie
    At least according to the credits, he was here and the actor's name is Lamar Johnson.
    I just watched the movie and I didn't notice him. Either one of the background kids or one of Magneto's guards.
    Anyway, congratulations, Match... I guess?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He was at the party, in the garden. Just before we saw Dazzler (I enjoyed the film for the record)
    end of spoilers

Champions #6: Our Dust just joined the Champions and is already interacting with another new young hero, Hummingbird! I maintain that the New X-Men need to leave the X-Men for at least a couple years so other invested writers can use them for stuff instead of them being background fillers.

Hummingbird is from Yost’s Scarlet Spider series and I love her, she’s like a proto-Gabby in terms of personality.

I'm disappointed that we don't see more from the characters introduced in that volume of New Warriors
    Haechi, Sungirl and Hummingbird all had great potential.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Hummingbird is pretty great, I think Yost's Scarlet Spider is the best series he ever produced for Marvel. New Warriors could have been a nice continuation, but it didn't really get there for me.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm disappointed that we don't see more from the characters introduced in that volume of New Warriors
    Hard agree.

And I enjoyed New Warriors for what it was but felt that the art other than Marcus To didn’t fit. But it used the High Evolutionary and he's my favorite villain that isn’t Dr. Doom, so I will always appreciate that.

Kaine and Hummingbird always seemed like they were attached at the hip, so I’m wondering if Zub will explain how she’s been doing on her own.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I definitely wanted to see more of Sun Girl and Haechi. (Hummingbird just left me puzzled as to what her deal was. Someone empowered by Huitzilopochtli, a war and sun god, who ended up with telepathy and levitation as her main powers? Weird.)

I feel like Sun Girl just missed the 'girl genius' boat that various other characters, like Valeria Richards, Lunella Lafayette and Nadia Pym/van Dyne have ridden so successfully, and that sad, 'cause she intrigues me more than the ones who 'made it.' She also could also have been kludged into the initial Young Avengers conceit of 'Avengers legacy fake-out,' by insinuating a connection between her and Monica Rambeau (as she might not start out bragging that her dad was a super-villain, and not rush to correct anyone who makes a faulty assumption, other than to roll her eyes and mutter, 'Yes, we all go to the same club and know each other...').

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Champions #6: Our Dust just joined the Champions and is already interacting with another new young hero, Hummingbird! I maintain that the New X-Men need to leave the X-Men for at least a couple years so other invested writers can use them for stuff instead of them being background fillers.
    You have wait to before you say these characters need to proven over time to be fan favorites. Or else they will be become death fodder or dumped in limbo when a new creative team takes over and decides we are going to focus on our core team. The one thing I will say is that Champions have the spirit of diversity that I expect to see from a X-men book. Also I don't get how Runaways, Future Foundation, Champions, Young Justice, West Coast Avengers Teen Titans,Titans etc are a thing. And X-office is super hesitant to put out a book with young adults from a franchise that started with teenagers/young adults.

What I badly want to see is the School concept of the X-men detached away from the paramilitary/ superhero/revolutionary arm of the X-men. I want to see Beast,Emma Frost,Banshee and Kitty say you guys go do your X-men thing we are going to make sure that Next Gen of mutants live to grow up to have choice to become heroes or live a normal life. Just one solid book of teenagers growing up with mutant and real world drama and school drama mix in with hijinxs of super hero stuff. Now Hickman said there isn't going to be "school" and "teams" so I am curious to what is going to happen. To me that feels like younger X-men will be treated like superhero trainees and less like students of course that is just a wild guess.

spoils Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    spoilers:
    He was at the party, in the garden. Just before we saw Dazzler (I enjoyed the film for the record)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wait, was he the campfire? Did I mistake Ben's head for a campfire?
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way