Page 67 of 137 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2043

i take back all the mean things i said about Icarus i miss him

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You have wait to before you say these characters need to proven over time to be fan favorites. Or else they will be become death fodder or dumped in limbo when a new creative team takes over and decides we are going to focus on our core team. The one thing I will say is that Champions have the spirit of diversity that I expect to see from a X-men book. Also I don't get how Runaways, Future Foundation, Champions, Young Justice, West Coast Avengers Teen Titans,Titans etc are a thing. And X-office is super hesitant to put out a book with young adults from a franchise that started with teenagers/young adults.

What I badly want to see is the School concept of the X-men detached away from the paramilitary/ superhero/revolutionary arm of the X-men. I want to see Beast,Emma Frost,Banshee and Kitty say you guys go do your X-men thing we are going to make sure that Next Gen of mutants live to grow up to have choice to become heroes or live a normal life. Just one solid book of teenagers growing up with mutant and real world drama and school drama mix in with hijinxs of super hero stuff. Now Hickman said there isn't going to be "school" and "teams" so I am curious to what is going to happen. To me that feels like younger X-men will be treated like superhero trainees and less like students of course that is just a wild guess.
    I’m definitely more trusting of non X-Office offices that are handling young heroes. It’s like we are in a pretty good era where a lot of teen heroes are thriving or at least not getting killed off. Rowell’s Runaways is the best Runaways series to me, YA is getting a lot of love, Champions are doing good, and even Hazmat and Finesse are showing up in stuff again. It’s like the only part of Marvel not giving their teens justice is the X-Office. It’s literally the opposite when you take Loa, Blindfold, and most likely Elixir into account. Unless we’re getting a serious overhaul as promised, then I can’t see any other avenue for the New X-Men than cannon fodder. Plus, the other Marvel offices always seem to put a bit more care into the X-characters they write.,

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, I don't see Marvel creating another teen book for the X-men anytime soon; it makes the characters look older and it's pretty clear by now nearly all of them won't make the big leagues.

I always liked Jay's vocal powers. I think there's a lot of untapped potential in being able to repeat any sound you hear.

Marvel, and ESPECIALLY the X-books, never learn their lessons. We should’ve stopped getting teen books after Aaron’s WatXM (or Young X-Men but Gen Hope had to happen and Schism would’ve been weird without a teen book) so I can see them making all-new x-teens and shoving everyone else to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I always liked Jay's vocal powers. I think there's a lot of untapped potential in being able to repeat any sound you hear.
    Jay and DJ has some of the better power sets. It’s a crime that they never got a writer who utilized it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I don't see Marvel creating another teen book for the X-men anytime soon; it makes the characters look older and it's pretty clear by now nearly all of them won't make the big leagues.
    They should do a modern version of MC2. It would have an X-Men where some of the current teens are the main team. The Avengers will have become a mixture of former Champions, New Warriors and Young Avengers, and Miles Morales would be a seasoned veteran with Jessica Drew's son Gerry in the role of the teenage Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Imagine if they actually did Disassembled the way Jeansus intended and not only swapped Kitty and Jean’s narrative roles but instead of pushing Armor & gang into the “we wanna be adults!” role, they put the JGS kids in that spot and some of the New X-Men could’ve just been in the main roster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    spoilers:
    He was at the party, in the garden. Just before we saw Dazzler (I enjoyed the film for the record)
    end of spoilers
    Was I wrong, or

spoilers:
    Was that Quentin Quire running through the hall, and Quicksilver telling him to slow down at the end?
    end of spoilers

What? spoilers:
    Kid Omega shouldn't be in Dark Phoenix... it's set in the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What? spoilers:
    Kid Omega shouldn't be in Dark Phoenix... it's set in the 90s.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And Angel shouldn't have been in Apocolypse for the same reason. Different timeline.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I thought it was a misstep when he suddenly had wings, after being introduced with (only) vocal powers. It isn't like they didn't have a half-dozen *other* Guthries they could have used if they had to have one with wings...

Banshee has a very distinctive sonic attack deal going on, and there's plenty of room for a mutant with much less offensive, but potentially much more versatile, sonic abilities, ranging from parlor tricks like throwing his voice and imitating voices and sounds, to more outre stuff like disorienting harmonics or rendering people suggestible.

Then again, powers inexplicably changing between first and second appearance may be a Guthrie trait. IIRC, Paige fully transformed into a tiny songbird in her first appearance, without any 'ripping out of her skin' Clive Barker nonsense, and the next time we saw her, she was all flesh-rippy goretacular. :/

And then we've got the little bro who shoots lightning, and the little sis that can grow into a giant 'Amazon' (at least in the Age of Apocalypse continuity), as well as the *five* others yet to hit 'mutant puberty.'

One wonders if their 'dead' dad was actually Mr. Sinister running an experiment...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-10-2019 at 08:30 AM.

BANNED

Kylun had that power first, it's still explorable.

I think Beast even went to visit Mama Guthrie during Decimation because she had so many mutant kids and Mister Sinister ended up kidnapping and experimenting on one of the kids. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Kylun had that power first, it's still explorable.
    No thanks.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-15-jean-grey/
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hassan
    In the next edition of X-Men Monday, we’ll be talking X-Teams. And no, I’m not talking Blue and Gold squads–I mean X-Force, Excalibur, X-Factor, Generation X and all the other X-Teams. So if you’ve been sitting on a Fallen Angels question since the late ’80s, now’s your time! Feel free to post your questions in the comment space below, or reply to the prompt on AiPT!’s Twitter tomorrow morning (June 11).

Sorry, Wolverine. Go make a sandwich or something. Next week’s Shatterstar, Meggan, Skin and Bill the Lobster’s time in the spotlight.
    Academy Xers, are your questions locked and loaded?

I've gotten burnt out on asking questions about these kids. It's the same thing every time
    "are we going to see them soon"
    "Wait and see"
    A month later
    "Here's Glob, Quentin and Eyeboy"