Page 79 of 137 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2043

Jubilee has been trusted to teach some of the younger X-Men (in Generation X) and Dust is currently on a non-X team (Champions), on Cyclops's recommendation. There are certainly adults trusting those two to forge their own paths.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jubilee has been trusted to teach some of the younger X-Men (in Generation X) and Dust is currently on a non-X team (Champions), on Cyclops's recommendation. There are certainly adults trusting those two to forge their own paths.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Disassembled was a mess in terms of character voices and so much else, but the "kids" being dismissed even harder than normal and regressed was really weird. Jubilee isn't as affected by it so much now of course but I could definitely see her going to bat for the New X-Men and other younger X-Men, having chafed against her treatment as young X-Man.

It's really weird if we're meant to believe that the O5 are in the late 20s and they're sometimes portrayed as being as out of touch as Principal Skinner.

That said, if they just ignore Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men + Disassembled, I am absolutely fine with that.

Surge/Prodigy (not necessarily romantic, if nothing else, I'd just like to see them talk out that bad span)
    Surge/Hellion
    Anole/Northstar (I am forever salty that we got one of the few examples of positive queer mentorship sacrificed on the alter of pointless angst, and then sidelined by Nightcrawler)
    X23/Hellion

Honorable mention to the Dani/Karma/Northstar teaching squad.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-it-interview/

AiPT!: Ororo munroe appreciation account (@aliastager) was curious–what led Jean Grey to be so dismissive of the New X-Men after her stint with Gentle, X-23 and Honey Badger in X-Men Red?

Matthew: I don’t think she’s dismissive of them. She is maybe overly protective of them because she understands the scale of the threat. And she has little time for them not wanting to follow orders. But that’s a fairly common thread in X-Books going all the way back to the start. The next generation not respecting the previous, the hierarchy of power, the changing dynamics when they shift from an academic focus to a more superhero one. All of that stuff causes friction and Jean has no time for friction when she realizes the scale of the threat and also her own personal stake in it. Not to mention it is literally coming from the younger generation in a sense, so she might have some added baggage.

Ed: Matt stole my answer.

Love the X-Men Red sidestep. Also, I'm re-reading X-Men Legacy at the moment, and I just re-read the issues after Hellion loses his hands when Cyclops hears his side of the story with Karima at the construction site, which is followed by that rad Blindfold spotlight issue.

Yeah, that's rich coming from Jean, who just had Honey Badger on her team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ed: 100%. There was some stuff with the “kid” team (Armor, Glob, Pixie, Anole, Rockslide) that we wanted to build to, but in the end, there really wasn’t room for it.
    Well good thing we’re moving on. Also, this implies that Oya’s entire role in the event was to just be comatose.

AiPT!: Obviously, a lot of mutants have fallen in the line of duty throughout this Uncanny run. Jake (@JDChen0804) wanted to know how it was decided who on the team would perish.

Matthew: Well, the story’s not quite over, so I can’t give everything away. But going in the idea was that most of the X-Men won’t make it out. We’re taking them to one of the lowest spots they’ve ever been, and when you’re the X-Men that is real low. For the X-Men, and most ongoing superhero stories, it’s about peaks and valleys. We take them to the edge of destruction and see them come out the other side as something stronger hopefully. It’s a painful process for sure, it’s been painful to write, but I think when people see the bigger framework of what we did and where things are going in the coming years, I think a lot of the choices we made will make even more sense.

Astonishing Member

Hes saying kill them all and make money of shock value

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, that's rich coming from Jean, who just had Honey Badger on her team.
    Also, was herself a teenager fighting against Magneto and Sentinels without adults there.

BANNED

The Jean/kids conflict fell flat because she knew neither about them or their various tribulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The Jean/kids conflict fell flat because she knew neither about them or their various tribulations.
    AU version of the book where Jean is used as a new reader surrogate who is introduced to the larger NXM generation to show both her and said modern new readers why they're significant to the franchise.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well, but isn't Jean like, THE BEST LEADER EVER, man? And the most empathetic and nicest person ever? Surely she would know about them and their various tribulations, because it's her job as the BEST LEADER EVER to know everything about the X-men and because she's awesome and the nicest person ever, she would like to know whatever happened to all the X-men because she totally relates to them.

Yes she did. She has the time displaced teen Jean's memories, and she did know the kids.

The fact that she was surrounded by adult X-Men (and Laura) that could’ve spoke about how capable the New X-Men are but just stood there like statues while the plot continued told us all what we needed to know about Disassembled’s trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The fact that she was surrounded by adult X-Men (and Laura) that could’ve spoke about how capable the New X-Men are but just stood there like statues while the plot continued told us all what we needed to know about Disassembled’s trajectory.
    It's not an X-office crossover without characters making dumb out of character decisions.

Yes she did. She has the time displaced teen Jean's memories, and she did know the kids.
    Did teen Jean really know them though? She and the other O5 seemed to keep their distance from the majority of the teens.

Really, any interaction like this will fall flat because too many writers/editors keep trying to convince us all that "They're just students and have no real experience".