Page 8 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Ok, just out of curiosity regarding the first picture - they DO know that SURGE is the Japanese chick with electric powers, and not Armor, right ?
    Please tell me its an artistic detail that has her firing lightning....

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Ok, just out of curiosity regarding the first picture - they DO know that SURGE is the Japanese chick with electric powers, and not Armor, right ?
    Please tell me its an artistic detail that has her firing lightning....
    It's one of those large connecting covers, all of the Age of X-Man titles are probably getting one.

I think the lightning is coming from Storm on the Marvelous X-Men cover
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC180882

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's one of those large connecting covers, all of the Age of X-Man titles are probably getting one.

I think the lightning is coming from Storm on the Marvelous X-Men cover
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC180882
    Oh, ok then

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

Ok, so I'm thinking:
    Leader - Armor (judging by how she's set up in Uncanny).
    Lancer - Pixie (Judging by how she's often opposed to Armor in Uncanny).
    Big Guy - Rockslide
    Smart Guy - Anole
    The Chick/Heart - Glob

Ok, so I'm thinking:
    Leader - Armor (judging by how she's set up in Uncanny).
    Lancer - Pixie (Judging by how she's often opposed to Armor in Uncanny).
    Big Guy - Rockslide
    Smart Guy - Anole
    The Chick/Heart - Glob
    Sounds about right. I guess this is "The Group" going forward, rip Hellion and Anole's Alpha Squadron friends.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Sigh. I hope it's a ruse of some sort. If we seriously just get Loa back for her to bite the dust I'll be so pissed. Why bring back a mutant long-forgotten (by editorial) just to kill them off? Hell, fans have been asking them to kill Glob, Quire, Kitty etc. in recent years- they should have led with that...
    Rosenberg already has criticisms around him not using POC or vilifying/mischaracterizing them, so this decision is............not smart. But I think they threw that out the window when they started Disassembled.

Yeah it's a real shame, given many fans of the New X-Men had high hopes for Uncanny & NextGen and it's primarily the same four at the forefront with occasional appearances from he others. Don't get me wrong, I love Pixie, Armor & Rockslide, but the writers haven't done them any favors, and the exclusion of Dust, Hellion, Surge etc. is criminal. Killing Loa off wouldn't even surprise me at this point, so soon after Anole's characterization has been derailed and his physical mutations forgotten.

As for the X-Girl in Issue 3, do we have any confirmation of whether it's a mutant from the Age of X-Man? I'm not sure how the two storylines coincide.
    For the life of me, I don't see why they thought that was a good decision for Anole. He's the least likely person to do something based on pure emotion, and this "historically anti-mutant government equipped with a mutant vaccine" plot is surely gonna be one of the top threats for Rosenberg's run. Hell, they could milk this and the US government weaponize the mutant vaccine for years. Like.......what was the point? Was it worth nuking Anole's character over? Was that role to controversial to Eye Boy or Beak???

Not to mention how they totally wasted Oya for no particular reason.

Ugh, don't remind me. Stingray, Rage, D-Man & Eye-Boy almost suffered similar fates between Avengers & Venomverse too but those deaths were undone I believe. Don't bring back characters just to kill them off- it's lazy and a disservice to fans of the character/s who only just got them back. Not to mention revival of the more obscure characters is unlikely.
    Yeah, there's been a weirdly consistent thing with bringing back characters we haven't seen in years just to kill them off. It was Alchemy in Death of X, now Mimic in Extermination, and it looks like Legion might die in Disassembled. And I can't see Nate surviving Age of X-Man but who knows. It sucks because they are just being used to show how deadly the force they're facing is, yet there are so many better ways to convey a threat. I only liked Venomized's deaths because I don't really care for Eye Boy and I foolishly thought we'd be free from him thanks to Bunn.

I don't know, man.
    Hellion would work really well as a sixth ranger.

All other factors aside, I really love those two covers.

spoilers:
    So with that bleeding cool spoiler/theory out it looks like Anole's actions weren't a waste of subplot. Still not a good thing though
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    spoilers:
    So with that bleeding cool spoiler/theory out it looks like Anole's actions weren't a waste of subplot. Still not a good thing though
    end of spoilers
    Well that's a fun bit of character assassination

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also if all the X-Men who turned up at the fight really did get trapped in AoXM, then Loa can't be in UXM to get killed, and it's all a vision of Ruth's, right? RIGHT?!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Also if all the X-Men who turned up at the fight really did get trapped in AoXM, then Loa can't be in UXM to get killed, and it's all a vision of Ruth's, right? RIGHT?!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But did Loa actually show up ?
    She got the call to advanture, but I don't remember seeing her in the actual fight.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    But did Loa actually show up ?
    She got the call to advanture, but I don't remember seeing her in the actual fight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Seemed like the implication was that everyone Jean called got brought into the cavalry charge via Pixie. We didn't see everyone, but that may be because only so many bodies can fit on a page (and at some point, artists rebel!).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Seemed like the implication was that everyone Jean called got brought into the cavalry charge via Pixie. We didn't see everyone, but that may be because only so many bodies can fit on a page (and at some point, artists rebel!).
    end of spoilers
    Well, here's hoping for the best then.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Well that's a fun bit of character assassination
    Watch them harp on Victor about this for awhile but give Beast a free pass despite the fact that he's the one that created the stupid thing.

These writers picked the fan favorite that this stupid plot makes absolutely no sense for...but continue to shove a waxy blob with a history of betraying the X-men and complaining about looking ugly as some great hero at us. Just...not cool.

Has Nezhno appeared recently at all? I know he was in the first few issues of X-men: Red, but did he appear in more issues or no?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!