Page 84 of 137 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The man speaks sense, yes. Readers have been pointing out for ages that writers keep bringing in new "central" characters or else whole teams of X-Kids that are destined to become footnotes after one run, and it's partially why we're in the situation we're in now.
    I wonder what he means by “go back and fix what’s broken.” There is the whole Krakoa rebirth theory, so I wonder if he’s talking about characters being wasted and killed off. Every interview, Hickman reads our minds and forms pitch perfect responses to questions thrown at him. I think we might be getting dead Gen X members along with the Rosenberg Resurrections. Maybe he can throw in a bone for our fallen Academy X kids .

The man speaks sense, yes. Readers have been pointing out for ages that writers keep bringing in new "central" characters or else whole teams of X-Kids that are destined to become footnotes after one run, and it's partially why we're in the situation we're in now.
    Something Christina Strain must be praised for: IIRC she only had one OC in her Generation X line-up.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Something Christina Strain must be praised for: IIRC she only had one OC in her Generation X line-up.
    And he was cool. New OCs often suck until someone else down the line gets their hands on them. Like when Strain wrote Eye-Boy and Nature Girl. Trinary is also cool.

I prefer Gabby written by Vita than Taylor and Zac/Lonnie wrote a pretty cool Nature Girl. Too bad no one could follow up on Sapna rip

Im low-key still gonna bring up our Venezuelan goddess Sofia Mantega every chance I get. Sorry not sorry.

Just discovered the cursed Cullen Bunn prophecy that proves that Loa will return in 30 years to fulfill her destiny. Hickman can do nothing.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

I would love a reintroduction into NXAX characters D.J , Dryad , Match , Prodigy , Elixir , Surge , Loa , Anole , Hellion , Gentle , Pixie and Trance

BANNED

I can only hope that either Vita Ayala or Leah Williams have nabbed some New X-Men for themselves, as with only X-23 and Quentin bloody Quire having secured themselves placement on a roster right now, and supporting casts unknown, we've a whole bunch of beloved mutants not yet attached to anything.

Honestly. No quicker way to kill my interest in a book than to put that pink-haired poser on it.
    Ditto. I can't bring myself to revisit the X-Books where he was a lead for that very reason. And it brought West Coast Avengers way down for me. The new X-Force title was my least favourite as is, but the inclusion of "Kid Omega" immediately meant it's going on the 'do not read until absolutely necessary/read the monthly plot breakdown' pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Also, cheers to them finally getting rid of the school concept!
    FINALLY! No signs just yet, but I'm hoping this means growth for the many great mutants who have been stuck at the school, both for our beloved New X-Men and for the mutants stuck as faculty.

Could it be true? Could one of the big things in HOX be that Krakoa can regrow mutants? Becauseeeeeee

I mean, something brought back Havok, Sabretooth, Banshee, Destiny, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Sunspot, Magik, Strong Guy & Multiple Man right? I'm guessing the X-Man haven't been tampering with the timestream again, and unless if Elixir is secretly in play, or Sinister cloned a whole bunch of mutants for nefarious purposes then I'm guessing Krakoa did it. The big question is how. I'm do hope this means that Loa is returned to us and all of Rosenbergs deaths are undone. If we wanna go even further back, then Synch, Risque, Petra, Avalanche, Shard & Tempo could find their way back to us too...

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If you could add a New X-men to each new team, which ones would you choose?

New Mutants - Surge or Prodigy (Prodigy if Cypher joined Excalibur instead)
    Marauders - Hellion
    X-men - Armor
    Excalibur - Pixie
    Fallen Angels - Mercury or Elixir
    X-force - Cipher (Alisa)
    New Mutants: Trance, for her handy powerset that'd make travel outside of spacecraft much easier, and a good scout.
    Marauders: Hellion, for his connection to Emma Frost, and to join the other heavy hitters.
    X-Men: Nature Girl, given her assumed connection to Krakoa, potentially omega-level powerset and some much needed diversity.
    Excalibur: Pixie, a mutant actually from Europe, with connections to magic. Otherworld may provide ample opportunity to develop her skills even further. Def fits the vibe.
    Fallen Angels: Armor, who I think fits the aesthetic and would work really well among the assembled crew. Even better if it's set in Madripoor or Japan.
    X-Force: Prodigy, whose intellect would be a massive asset to the crew. I imagine his dynamic with both Sage & Beast would be great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    FINALLY! No signs just yet, but I'm hoping this means growth for the many great mutants who have been stuck at the school, both for our beloved New X-Men and for the mutants stuck as faculty.
    I wonder if he's read the series. I never know what Hickman puts into his research but he's been speaking to almost every criticism stemming from horrid misuse that plagued New X-Men characters. HiX-Men doing away from the school and saying that there's a bunch of underused characters that need development rather than pet characters makes me hopeful for the future.

I mean, something brought back Havok, Sabretooth, Banshee, Destiny, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Sunspot, Magik, Strong Guy & Multiple Man right? I'm guessing the X-Man haven't been tampering with the timestream again, and unless if Elixir is secretly in play, or Sinister cloned a whole bunch of mutants for nefarious purposes then I'm guessing Krakoa did it. The big question is how. I'm do hope this means that Loa is returned to us and all of Rosenbergs deaths are undone. If we wanna go even further back, then Synch, Risque, Petra, Avalanche, Shard & Tempo could find their way back to us too...
    It could also explain why characters that usually wouldn't trust Xavier (like all the NXM) are all or his plan like Icarus returning brings Dust and Surge on-board. Also, I thought the resurrections only would be limited to mutants, but if Magik is coming back then I wonder what that says about all the depowered kids on the bus like Dryad and Tag and DJ and Network and Kidogo....well those are the only ones that matter to me but if someone cares to bring back Rubbermaid then I wouldn't mind it. But yeah, why stop at just the Rosencanny deaths when there have been so many characters who had such great potential that should also have an opportunity to come back. Also, I'm scared at the lack of Prodigy since he's technically not a mutant, but does that also mean Ink and Kid Gladiator aren't really getting invited to the mutant cookout?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If you could add a New X-men to each new team, which ones would you choose?

New Mutants - Surge or Prodigy (Prodigy if Cypher joined Excalibur instead)
    Marauders - Hellion
    X-men - Armor
    Excalibur - Pixie
    Fallen Angels - Mercury or Elixir
    X-force - Cipher (Alisa)
    I'd put Hellion, Armor and Prodigy on whatever book Magneto is going to have in Wave 2. Cuz I know Hickman would personally write that book, and do something great with the story.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 07-23-2019 at 10:32 AM.

I wonder if these are Sophie and Esme. Just venting before the issue comes out.

I was gonna skim Gold real quick but.......what happened? What went so, so wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I wonder if these are Sophie and Esme. Just venting before the issue comes out.
    I think the one in black is Esme and that would be cool if the other was Sophie.

Hickman's list of all 14 Omega Level mutants:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._mutant_major/

I don't think we should be surprised by who ends up on the list.

BANNED

I wonder if he's read the series. I never know what Hickman puts into his research but he's been speaking to almost every criticism stemming from horrid misuse that plagued New X-Men characters. HiX-Men doing away from the school and saying that there's a bunch of underused characters that need development rather than pet characters makes me hopeful for the future.
    I do wonder which X-Books hes read period. I'm sure he's done his research, but I feel for the poor man if he's had to suffer through Gold, WatX, Extraordinary, Rosencanny and Weapon X. One would hope he's read right through Carey and Kyost. And yes everything he's said so far resonates, and would indicate a better future for the New X-Men than wallpaper or meaningless shock deaths.

It could also explain why characters that usually wouldn't trust Xavier (like all the NXM) are all or his plan like Icarus returning brings Dust and Surge on-board. Also, I thought the resurrections only would be limited to mutants, but if Magik is coming back then I wonder what that says about all the depowered kids on the bus like Dryad and Tag and DJ and Network and Kidogo....well those are the only ones that matter to me but if someone cares to bring back Rubbermaid then I wouldn't mind it. But yeah, why stop at just the Rosencanny deaths when there have been so many characters who had such great potential that should also have an opportunity to come back. Also, I'm scared at the lack of Prodigy since he's technically not a mutant, but does that also mean Ink and Kid Gladiator aren't really getting invited to the mutant cookout?
    Xavier is most likely manipulating and mind-wiping mutants as he deems necessary, so I'm sure they have no reason to not trust him for the moment. But yeah very interested in that dynamic, and how/why he's not mentioned thus far when it comes to the Dawn of X. And exactly! If we're undoing the Rosencanny deaths then why not bring back some other forgotten mutants? I'll take as many as I can get. Hell, even some of the villains could do with a comeback.

Yeah the 'No Flatscans' worries me. Hopefully Prodigy doesn't come under that, or Danger. Both deserve roles AFAIC

Hickman's list of all 14 Omega Level mutants:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._mutant_major/

I don't think we should be surprised by who ends up on the list.
    How/why Betsy, Emma and Selene were left off that list and yet Quentin made it bothers me so much. Anyways I guess the theory of the Powers of 10 having to do with the Omega's is nixed, given there's 14 of them.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 07-23-2019 at 08:20 PM.

They are back

spoilers:
    frost-sisters-stepford-emma-frost-x-men-the-gifted-série-2.jpg
    end of spoilers

So who is next?