Page 91 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2043

Fearless #2 was really fun. Not much Melody but there was references to what happened at the Institute during M-Day. Storm implied they’ll get to talk a lot later down the line (also Digifiend already said so but Storm basically confirmed that she was a part of her squad). Seanan McGuire is fighting for Academy X rights. There’s also an X-23 story by Eve Ewing that deals with the immigrant concentration camps. I’d say get it just for touching on that subject.

BANNED

The fact the X-23 story will tweak the anti-immigrant folks is about the only thing it really does. The art doesn't really stand out, Laura doesn't come off that well — with her training she SHOULD have been prepared that these organizations would wise up to the fact they're under attack and take measures to protect themselves. Also, given that it's been pretty well established the human trafficking is a button you REALLY don't want to press with her, the fact her first reaction to seeing those kids WASN'T to slash open the cages without being prompted by Gabby first is pretty OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The fact the X-23 story will tweak the anti-immigrant folks is about the only thing it really does.
    It brings awareness to the issue. Some bigots yelling is always gonna be some bigots yelling, so why curtail your content to appease them?

But yeah, it was OOC that Laura didn’t immediately cut open those cages. She shouldn’t have needed Gabby to yell at her for about 1/3 of a page.
    Last edited by Tycon; 08-21-2019 at 08:29 AM.

BANNED

Eh, I wasn't criticizing that they went there, (Laura's arc certainly fits it) just noting that it's just about all the story really does.

Ugh I wish we got more about the dynamic with Cannonball & Husk with their sister. The little crumb we got about how they feel about their brother was that Paige really doesn’t like thinking about it but nothing ever came of that. That’s like....ripe for storytelling opportunities and possible character development surrounding why Sam and/or Paige feel the way they do. But alas....

I'm trying not to be greedy. I've already got two of my top writer picks for Wave 2 confirmed. But man, I reeeeeallly want McGuire in there. She did such a good Nightcrawler, I just want her to get any book with Kurt in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm trying not to be greedy. I've already got two of my top writer picks for Wave 2 confirmed. But man, I reeeeeallly want McGuire in there. She did such a good Nightcrawler, I just want her to get any book with Kurt in it.
    McGuire, Ayala, Williams, E. Ewing, Zub

wow could you IMAGINE

But yeah, McGuire is really hitting it out of the park in everything she’s working on and her returning to Kurt would be so great.

Astonishing Member

Time to offer some hope via wild speculation and vauge evidence, hill stated the cast of fallen angle will increase, some will die, and given that Laura's relations ship with her friends will be explored we have a chance to them meeting up. If only their was a telekinetic that that was screwed over by the xmen who could join them ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    McGuire, Ayala, Williams, E. Ewing, Zub

wow could you IMAGINE

But yeah, McGuire is really hitting it out of the park in everything she’s working on and her returning to Kurt would be so great.
    I didn't like Zub's Mystery in Madripoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Time to offer some hope via wild speculation and vauge evidence, hill stated the cast of fallen angle will increase, some will die, and given that Laura's relations ship with her friends will be explored we have a chance to them meeting up. If only their was a telekinetic that that was screwed over by the xmen who could join them ?
    Mrph. After Rosencanny, I feel like there should be a pause button on named character deaths for at least one calendar year. Especially where the younger characters are concerned.

Agreed. At least Rosencanny was capping off an era that was immediately reversed, I was hoping the new era would at least be a little more limiting when it came to deaths. Especially ones that would definitely give Laura angst in this angst-fueled book.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I didn't like Zub's Mystery in Madripoor.
    Even if there was better art? I was meh on it, but I did feel like the last issue was good. I do like his characterizations of the X-Men he’s already written in non-X titles.

Wasn't MiM a rush job on multiple fronts? I don't think anyone was showing their best work there.

I was iffy on Zub for a long time after his Thunderbolts. But his Uncanny Avengers, his contributions to No Surrender and No Road Home, and his Champions have all been great.

His really good at using continuity to inform his stories and creating something new. Even in MiM I've got to give him credit for digging up Sapphire Styx

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hellion would be a good thematic pick for the book. Assuming anyone WANTS to remember how the X-Men have screwed him over. I could definitely see him as someone who's fed up with them and decides to go his own way.

Do I still constantly think about this? Yes. I do.

https://twitter.com/ashcanpress/stat...344188416?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I was iffy on Zub for a long time after his Thunderbolts. But his Uncanny Avengers, his contributions to No Surrender and No Road Home, and his Champions have all been great.

His really good at using continuity to inform his stories and creating something new. Even in MiM I've got to give him credit for digging up Sapphire Styx
    Yeah, I really respect how much he adds to the universe rather than take away. I didn’t even think of a romance between Wanda and Jericho but it works so well for me.