Page 97 of 137 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, you only have to look at the fates of the New Mutants and Hellions teams. spoilers:
    Two (Wind Dancer and Prodigy) get depowered, three (Tag, Wallflower, and Icarus) get murdered, and one (Wither) ends up becoming a villain. And that's just the main characters. There was a lot of death and depowering among background characters too, not to mention Dani's sacking despite the fact she'd adopted one of the students.
    end of spoilers
    And there's also the differences in how death is handled pre-and-post M-Day. spoilers:
    When Northstar dies, the kids are counseled and protected as much as possible (even outright lied to, over Dani and Karma's objections), and have ample time to mourn. By contrast, the strikes against the school by the Purifiers are massacres, and one comes right after the other with no time to breathe or absorb the loss.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-29-2019 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And there's also the differences in how death is handled pre-and-post M-Day. spoilers:
    When Northstar dies, the kids are counseled and protected as much as possible (even outright lied to, over Dani and Karma's objections), and have ample time to mourn. By contrast, the strikes against the school by the Purifiers are outright massacres, and one comes right after the other with no time to breathe or absorb the loss.
    end of spoilers
    TBH, considering the epidemic of violence we're dealing with today — particularly that there have been several incidents of large-scale massacres of young people within a very brief time period — it's ironic that the NXM have been shoved into the background and their trauma so badly whitewashed. What they experienced after M-Day is INCREDIBLY relevant now.

Spectacular Member

So my reading order is DeFillipis' New Mutants -> Academy X -> Yost's New X-men?

thank you guys for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That whole cover is just definitive proof that Marvel doesn't bother giving its artists references to work from. I hope that changes now that JDW is talking about how coordinated the Dawn of X stuff is supposed to be.
    Remember when Deodato stole a fan design of Kate Bishop because it was one of the top google image results for her, and he just assumed it was official?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07...in-marvel-now/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, considering the epidemic of violence we're dealing with today — particularly that there have been several incidents of large-scale massacres of young people within a very brief time period — it's ironic that the NXM have been shoved into the background and their trauma so badly whitewashed. What they experienced after M-Day is INCREDIBLY relevant now.
    Well, it's the same franchise that mind-rapes Rachel Grey every decade, ignores the mental breakdown of a genocide survival (Polaris) etc

Most super heroes should be mentally broken, considering the insane amount of violence, danger, tragedy, changes and cosmic crazy events they go through.

But usually it's just Matt Murdock who has a big breakdown every decade. As a good catholic, he is the sacrificial lamb who takes away all the trauma of the super hero world.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Telepaths can remove the trauma or at least minimize them. We saw Xavier do that in the Astonishing X-men annual last year and I wouldnt be shocked if he's been doing that for the X-men without their knowledge since the very beginning to keep them in line and not realize how f--ked up their situation really is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    "Couscous" has me rolling here. (No offence Maestroneto, because I know it's Autocorrect or similar!)

"Oh no, the Stepford Couscous are here. And I'm gluten-intolerant!"
    It’s how banned CBR member DDM (RIP) referred to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    So my reading order is DeFillipis' New Mutants -> Academy X -> Yost's New X-men?

Basically. The Complete Collection trades New Mutants: Back to School, New X-Men: Academy X, New X-Men: Childhood's End, and Quest For Magik will get you everything.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post

How I miss those days.
    I still have to read the New Mutants mini, but the rest really cemented my love for the X-kids.
    I remember when New X-men: Academy X launched, I truly believed these characters were the future of the X-men.
    LOL was I wrong. The sad thing is, even if they were never going to be the next primary characters (I was a naive young reader when I thought they would), the team was at a great place until they suddenly cancelled the book and launched Guggenheim's Young X-men.
    I'll never understand that decision. It completely killed these characters' momentum in favor of a terrible run focusing on less popular characters.
    Ever since then, Marvel editors always say there's no demand for a new NXM book, often using YXM as an excuse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    How I miss those days.
    I still have to read the New Mutants mini, but the rest really cemented my love for the X-kids.
    I remember when New X-men: Academy X launched, I truly believed these characters were the future of the X-men.
    LOL was I wrong. The sad thing is, even if they were never going to be the next primary characters (I was a naive young reader when I thought they would), the team was at a great place until they suddenly cancelled the book and launched Guggenheim's Young X-men.
    I'll never understand that decision. It completely killed these characters' momentum in favor of a terrible run focusing on less popular characters.
    Ever since then, Marvel editors always say there's no demand for a new NXM book, often using YXM as an excuse for that.
    I neeeeeed a Sofia reunion. I’m sad that Academy X has even fewer nostalgia points than even its follow-up. She seems to have been forgotten based on the Bagley cover over Squid Girl who wasn’t even a real mutant!

Call me C-RAZY, but I see Trance here.

But it's probably not her. There's no pink. Sorry if I'm getting your hopes up, only other Trance fan.

The X-Office would never give the mutant Stand User rights. It's probably Ric.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ricpocalypse confirmed.

I think KYost’s X-Force, and later Carey’s X-Men Legacy, was a much better successor to the saga than Young X-Men.