Page 98 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2043

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think KYost’s X-Force, and later Carey’s X-Men Legacy, was a much better successor to the saga than Young X-Men.
    I don't think I've ever seen much love for Young X-Men. Or any, really...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen much love for Young X-Men. Or any, really...
    I...........”””love””” the potential that came with introducing a character like Cipher. It’s just that unlike how Kyle and Yost weaves the New X-Men into X-History, Guggs thought it was a good idea to just shove every creation into the structure of the X-Men. Graymalkin, ancestor of Xavier. Cipher, has been there longer than most and is the reason behind Blindfold’s speech impediment. Ink, this generation’s Cannonball (Elixir who?) except he’s a human which makes it 200% worse.

Also the story was really bad lol

BANNED

Never forget that Mike Marts referred to Guggs as a fan-favourite X-Men writer in 2014 and that Ketchum put him on Gold because he felt one of the best writers in the business and didn't receive enough chances.

This all happened after Young X-Men. And the Wolverine Civil War story. And the Bart Allen Flash run. And the Green Lantern movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Never forget that Mike Marts referred to Guggs as a fan-favourite X-Men writer in 2014 and that Ketchum put him on Gold because he felt one of the best writers in the business and didn't receive enough chances.

This all happened after Young X-Men. And the Wolverine Civil War story. And the Bart Allen Flash run. And the Green Lantern movie.
    I wouldn’t put it past the X-Office, ten years from now, to see X-men Gold as a major blockbuster success and give Guggs the reins again.

i wish googy could write the script for my life
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

According to Bleedingcool, DeFilippis (creator of New X-Men: Academy X) was suprised to get paid for the minor appearance of Match in the last X-Men movie .

That's from his facebook : "So based on the replies I’ve gotten, he was probably in the film for about 30 seconds. Or approximately 10 seconds more than it took to create him.

I mean, I don’t mean to denigrate Match. But we spent a lot of time creating and building backstory and powers for David, Sofia, Laurie, Josh, Noriko, Julian, and Cessily. And we created Santo, Brian, Viktor, and Megan quickly, but then spent time afterwards figuring them out. But Match? We saw a cool bit of artwork in the background of a panel (I think it was Carlo Barberi who first drew him) and thought for a few seconds about a name, codename, and power set.

Wouldn't be surprised if those reasons are close to why he appeared in the movie: cool visual that needs no explanation, nothing complicated in the way of character. Not gonna complain about writers getting paid regardless.

Mighty Member

Well some folks did speculate that he was Black underneath the flaming head. I wonder if folks took fan speculation and made it canonical well at least in the movie's canon.

Yeah the actor they used was Black. Kind of hope that carries over into the 616 but I think Match was revealed to be white in some Wolverine solo issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Well some folks did speculate that he was Black underneath the flaming head. I wonder if folks took fan speculation and made it canonical well at least in the movie's canon.
    I don't know why, but I always thought he was black, as well, and was surprised to see him in artwork as a white kid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't know why, but I always thought he was black, as well, and was surprised to see him in artwork as a white kid.
    Maybe because of the Hot Spot character on teen titans that low key reminded me of Match who was black and voiced by Bumper Robinson aka Mondo from the Gen X movie lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah the actor they used was Black. Kind of hope that carries over into the 616 but I think Match was revealed to be white in some Wolverine solo issue.
    Its funny how many of the background New Xmen kids got some love on a Wolverine solo issue. Trance's storyline with Wolverine was so random.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    According to Bleedingcool, DeFilippis (creator of New X-Men: Academy X) was suprised to get paid for the minor appearance of Match in the last X-Men movie .

That's from his facebook : "So based on the replies I’ve gotten, he was probably in the film for about 30 seconds. Or approximately 10 seconds more than it took to create him.

I mean, I don’t mean to denigrate Match. But we spent a lot of time creating and building backstory and powers for David, Sofia, Laurie, Josh, Noriko, Julian, and Cessily. And we created Santo, Brian, Viktor, and Megan quickly, but then spent time afterwards figuring them out. But Match? We saw a cool bit of artwork in the background of a panel (I think it was Carlo Barberi who first drew him) and thought for a few seconds about a name, codename, and power set.
    I assume Grant Morrison got the same residual payment too, as Quentin Quire, who debuted in his New X-Men run, also cameoed in that film.

I wonder who else can be spotted in there? Surely they're not the only two.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-08-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Its funny how many of the background New Xmen kids got some love on a Wolverine solo issue. Trance's storyline with Wolverine was so random.
    I think he also teamed up with Elixir, too. So....random....I think the Trance thing might have been written by Yost. Maybe.

Oh yeah, a couple of NXM made some appearances last week.

HOX #3: While Esme, Sophie, and White Queen are out freeing Sabretooth for “Bring Your Daughters to Work Day”, Celeste, Mindee, and Phoebe are helping Xavier reach communication with Jean. The Five-In-One are working hard in this event.

Champions #9: One more issue left :^( Dust and all the nuChampions get possessed by Blackheart and beat the crap out of Ammy

also Armor gets an action figure variant for POX6

Last edited by Tycon; 09-09-2019 at 07:33 AM.