Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

I just don't understand why some think that Betsy is lost and gone without the Asian body. Everything that she has gone through is still there.

Betsy Braddock is still a telepath with telekinesis. She can still fight. We saw that in Uncanny Disassembled. She can still create psy-weapons and she still has the butterfly psychic energy. Her brothers are still Brian and Jamie Braddock. She still an X-Man.

Such an exciting time! Betsy is Captain Britain. A knight of the Realm. She can still be a physical character and fight and now expand upon her heritage and birthright. She can finally evolve beyond the sexy ninja chick and form a new legacy. This is so exciting!! We gotta change the name of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I just don't understand why some think that Betsy is lost and gone without the Asian body. Everything that she has gone through is still there.
    Didn't you mention that they're passing all of mainstream Psylocke's traits into Kwannon in your previous post? Let's leave race out of this discussion; what does the ongoing Betsy have in common with mainstream Psylocke now? Well not a whole lot according to Marvel, if Kwannon keeps the Asian body, the ninja aspect, the telepathy and even the code-name Psylocke. If you are fine with this, good for you, but to me the whole thing is still a betrayal.

I would love to read the first aventures of Psylocke as Captain Britain, I have never found a TPB

What I mean by that is: psyblade / purple hair / Jim lee era costume.

Which are all associated to Betsy Braddock but some seem to think it’s Kwannons because it was most in her body.

Which I disagree with but also to consider. Betsy is still a hand to hand combatant. And she still has everything else I listed in the previous post.

So yeah it’s fine that we have different perspective and disagree but I think my point is Marvel doesn’t care what we think and they’re going through w this.

I’ve stated for many months how I didn’t want Kwannon taking Betsy’s imagery and that this is the perfect time to develop her and make her her own character. But x-editorial failed is on that end. And now maybe it made it more convoluted for some fans.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-21-2019 at 10:10 AM.

New Psylocke's backstory will be explored....

Was there a new tweet or the same one posted earlier?

Edit: He answered my question.

03F7561E-F704-428A-991E-41B42FB6CA83.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-21-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Like I said in the other topic, I am actually not troubled by this at the moment. The status quo was popular, no doubt, but it wasn't necessarily a good thing. My personal view is that this should have already happened at least twenty years ago, so better late than never.

This way, the two characters can develop truly independently from this point onward. Yes, there might be some initial confusion at first glance, yet nothing that can't be resolved or explained. Comics have plenty of comparable situations and we deal with them.

I imagine that now we will see Betsy Braddock return to her British roots. She will still have all of her accumulated knowledge and experience. As far as I can tell, she'll continue to be a telepath, but they can also give her some or all of the abilities of Captain Britain too. Which she has used previously, so it's not a completely unfamiliar situation for the character.

Costume changes in comics are far too common to be a big reason for worrying, at least in my opinion. Admittedly, I am not completely sold on the new design at this moment, but I will wait to see how she looks in the interior artwork.

She’s still the same person who went through all those things. She had her body swapped, became a ninja, lived her life and now she’s gotten past it. This is a new arc for her story whereas the other girl has never been or known anything else. For all intents and purposes she’s a legacy character. She’s now taking over the mantle. This is the time she figures out what that means to her while Captain Britain continues being the hero she’s always wanted to be. The motivations, the woman, the warrior is still in tact and this is just another way to explore it.

I think that’s why I never really got people being upset when she went back to her of body. That part of the story is done. Let’s keep moving forward.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-21-2019 at 02:48 PM.

And the fan art is coming. <3

https://twitter.com/karen_xmenfan/st...774536192?s=21

There’s also another version of the costume!
    https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/...523863553?s=21
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-21-2019 at 01:37 PM.

I still don't get how she can't be a ninja anymore.
    Ok, she wasn't a really good one, but the skills can still be usefull.
    She doesn't have the same body anymore, but she didn't lose the memories of her days as a ninja, did she?

I mean, she MU is full of people who can earn mad skills just through memory/telepathy, even without training.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'll say, as a Psylocke fan in her every shape and form - I adored British Betsy from the Outback team, and at the same time the Claremont/Lee Madripoor trilogy in which she turns Asian is what made me an X-Men fan - I'm stoked the "Psylockes" Betsy and Kwannon are each headlining a book! It's a great time to be a fan of the character/s.

Regarding Kwannon, I think the issue with her is that she's basically a non-character, we know very little of her personality and backstory as she's only ever been used as a means to an end so to speak. That's why I was happy when I read the solicit of the first issue of Fallen Angels because it looks like there will be a bit of exploring of her past, which she desperately needs to emerge as her own character.

Astonishing Member

I don't really see what the big fuss is. Betsy will now be Captain Britain handling magical and inter dimensional threats and Kwannon will be Psylocke the stealthy ninja assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    And the fan art is coming. <3

https://twitter.com/karen_xmenfan/st...774536192?s=21

There’s also another version of the costume!
    https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/...523863553?s=21
    Unfortunately I can't see the other version of the costume. She should lose the belt with the X, the shoulder plates/pads should be less round, maybe lose the cape and definitely lose those things on her head. Are they flowers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't really see what the big fuss is. Betsy will now be Captain Britain handling magical and inter dimensional threats and Kwannon will be Psylocke the stealthy ninja assassin.
    It’s also important to recognize that that the “Psylocke” moniker was given to Betsy by a villain who manipulated her mind, altered her body and boosted her powers.

Maybe this is a full circle moment for Betsy.