Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Yep - exactly - loving the current Elizabeth - I would like to see the Precog flashes return too

Still no mention of her in upcoming Hickman? Excalibur has been coming up alot so I am betting a relaunch so would love to see her pop up there to interact with Brian & Jamie.
    I've really got my fingers crossed for this, with Betsy as a lead, not just a cameo. Let the lady take an extended vacay home, hopefully in a title that walks the line in tone between the classic Excalibur era and the Captain Britain and the MI6 series (though I wouldn't mind a bit of Ellis' Excalibur run thrown in there for good measure).

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I've really got my fingers crossed for this, with Betsy as a lead, not just a cameo. Let the lady take an extended vacay home, hopefully in a title that walks the line in tone between the classic Excalibur era and the Captain Britain and the MI6 series (though I wouldn't mind a bit of Ellis' Excalibur run thrown in there for good measure).
    Things I would love to see:

I would love to see a storyline about her time with STRIKE....with flashbacks

Some Braddock history....maybe more members of the family & their ties with the Hellfire Club

Psychoblast return!

Otherworld story....with good art....I hated the art for the Xforce Otherworld storyline

A Psylocke-led Excalibur would be a dream come true. I've always wanted her to interact with Black Knight and Faiza. She should also be more involved with Braddock Academy and Braddock Enterprises.

Changing the subject. Im kinda bummed she is showing up in any promo. But than again we cant complain becasue A LOT of X-Men are not showing up in promo. I do hope that she shows up in HoXPoX. I dont want to wait till the new wave up books to come out to see her.

Xtremist art and writing wasnt my favorite. Not that it was bad. But I'd rather have had her stay in Uncanny with Rosenberg with the way Xtremist ended up being. We could have had her have interactions with Cyclops, Wolverine, and a bunch of others that we rarely got to see her interact with.

Some Braddock history....maybe more members of the family & their ties with the Hellfire Club

Psychoblast return!

Otherworld story....with good art....I hated the art for the Xforce Otherworld storyline
    Psychoblast!!! What a blast from the past. Yes, I'd love to see that return. Any return to her time with STRIKE would be welcome. I think they've done a disservice to her. We haven't gotten any real response from her in her new body. I don't think we need to hammer it home, but something is needed. And shouldn't be just from others. I dislike that we have Kwannon trolling around again. I think that's just a lazy way to keep the Asian body around. Not sure what kind of real developments will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A Psylocke-led Excalibur would be a dream come true. I've always wanted her to interact with Black Knight and Faiza. She should also be more involved with Braddock Academy and Braddock Enterprises.
    I am so down for any of this. Sounds wonderful. I can see her taking a break from the X-Men world for a time to concentrate on the Braddock side.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Psychoblast return!

I'm really into the idea of a modern STRIKE story. Bring back Vixen!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yes, Braddock Enterprises!!!!! I lowkey want Betsy to start some type of modeling agency or fashion venture in the MU. Girl has the history and it's one I'd love to see brought up a bit more. Let's make her super rich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well of course not only Asians can be ninja but considering in the context of psylockeher mind was transplanted into the body of a Japanese ninja and ninjas originated out of Japan then yes in this case those attributes are associated with that of being Asian or more specifically Japanese. Furthermore, Betsy before walking through the siege perilous was a white woman who had minimal combat skills which is why she wore armor. Betsy fought inside the body of a character who possessed the skills you know want her to possess in her original body. being able to move and bend at the level kwannon was able to do is something that would require training her body even if she retained the knowledge. and no one said Kwannon own the skills that other characters possess but the ones that you want betsy to possess those are skills owned by kwannon and unique to her heritage and life experience. I like how uncanny handled it. they gave her skills and fighting style with weapons traditional to her cultural upbringing. it makes her distinct and unique from kwannon while removing the issue those had with cultural appropriation.

[
    I'm not gonna dive deep into this discussion. But you do know that even people that can fight wear armour right?
    Armour keeps everybody alive. All the X-men wear some form of armor, hers just looked a lot more like armour more than other folks.
    But yeah. Cap is one of the best hand to hand combatants on Earth, wears armor.
    Daredevil? Armor.
    Spiderman? Armor at points.
    Punisher? Armor.
    Gambit? Armor.

Just saying wearing something that keeps weak and strong fighters alive, doesn't make you a wimp or anything.
    In the military? I wore armor lol.

Just saying.
    You have to remember Claremont and most authors who write complex characters, give them complex issues. Betsy was on her way to maybe not being a frontliner, but a more capable support character. Like Emma.
    But lee wanted to draw Elektra. Moore said no.
    Editorial gave him a single X-man, he chose Psylocke.
    Claremont agreed to the change since it wasn't permanent, and they'd been given the Hand and Mandarin as their crossover villain.

If they had gotten Mysterio, Psylocke would have never gone asian.
    Just saying.

BANNED

Psychoblast return!

Funny enough I made this post about Her time with STRIKE on a Psylocke group earlier.

Some of the NON Retconned things she would have done as a STRIKE agent.
    I mention the retcons of her being a badass agent, which wasn't true lol.

Her meeting Warren, then forgetting about him, her being an undercover spy, but not really, her being Jane bond, but nope, etc.

Problem with Head Cannon of her time with STRIKE is that if she was a badass to begin with, then, there was no purpose to become a Ninja.
    Even Claremont had forgotten his own characters talents.

Psylocke Agent of STRIKE
    Last edited by Tazirai; 06-18-2019 at 08:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm really into the idea of a modern STRIKE story. Bring back Vixen!

Yes, Braddock Enterprises!!!!! I lowkey want Betsy to start some type of modeling agency or fashion venture in the MU. Girl has the history and it's one I'd love to see brought up a bit more. Let's make her super rich.
    Oh She's already ridiculously rich lol. Remember who her dad was? Also, pretty sure Merlyn hooked them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Problem with Head Cannon of her time with STRIKE is that if she was a badass to begin with, then, there was no purpose to become a Ninja.
    Even Claremont had forgotten his own characters talents.
    That make sense but in a world where they take away asian background and deemphasizing that connection and fans are use to her being more action oriented. It is not the worse retcon to make her warrior before in her own right. If the story left as is yeah it doesn't make sense but we have the benefit hindsight and if they were retelling Psylocke today with a clean start they would probably go with more of that angle. The beauty of fiction you can retcon which is telling "a lie" and tell it so much that becomes the truth.

Like I said earlier she has Strike, She was a pilot , She was a model, her time with Exiles, Her Braddock family connections and her time with X-men. She has this rich history of things that she can use and be amazing character.

Mighty Member

I would love to see an Excalibur series as well.. Betsy and most of the cast from the Captain Britain & MI:13.

A team of:
    Psylocke
    Captain Britain
    Meggan
    Pete Wisdom
    Black Night
    Faiza
    Nightcrawler
    And maybe a few X-men members not currently being utilized. Thrown into it with her. Any of the New X-men or New Mutants members. Have it be a mix of heroics and secret ops. Deal with Otherworld and any temporal problems and really anything odd.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I would love to see an Excalibur series as well.. Betsy and most of the cast from the Captain Britain & MI:13.

A team of:
    Psylocke
    Captain Britain
    Meggan
    Pete Wisdom
    Black Night
    Faiza
    Nightcrawler
    And maybe a few X-men members not currently being utilized. Thrown into it with her. Any of the New X-men or New Mutants members. Have it be a mix of heroics and secret ops. Deal with Otherworld and any temporal problems and really anything odd.
    Can we add Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Spitfire and Union Jack too?
    Last edited by WeaponX24; 06-19-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

20190619_100342.jpg Elizabeth in this week's Next Gen

She looks fantastic!

20190619_100342.jpg Elizabeth in this week's Next Gen

She looks fantastic!
    ♥️Fantastic is an understatement. I would love it if she somehow keeps this costume after all this nonsense is done, but that’s not happening.

More images and spoilers on Like a Butterfly.
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...s-art.html?m=1
    Last edited by Psyknight; 06-19-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX24 View Post
    Can we add Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Spitfire and Union Jack too?
    Yes to them all. Have a public heroes face and then a secret side ops crew.