Page 84 of 123 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy hasnt been in Kwannon's body since X-treme X-men in 2001
    Sorry over simplified things. Would it better be saying using Kwannon's appearance, because that seems to be the case in the Psylocke solo series(2009) and when Cassandra Nova offers Betsy a body with her original appearance in Uncanny X-force(2013).
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 08-12-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Sorry over simplified things. Would it better be saying using Kwannon's appearance, because that seems to be the case in the Psylocke solo series(2009) and when Cassandra Nova offers Betsy a body with her original appearance in Uncanny X-force(2013).
    Its not really your fault. Marvel is the one that made this mess so convoluted which makes it hard to keep track of

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Technically true, but honestly that’s splitting a hair. Unless Kwannon begins Fallen Angels complaining about her naturally purple hair, I don’t think this continuity wrinkle matters.
    I think it matters in that it makes less sense that her soul would be lingering around in a body she had never inhabited vs the one she was born with.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Even then it wasn't her body. The bodies were completely destroyed once they went through Spirals bodyshoppe. She made 2 new bodies that were almost indistinguishable. She mixed the womens DNA, powers and memories. It was a mess but both their original bodies have been gone since the Siege Perilous.
    No they weren’t. They were messed with but not destroyed

Coincidentally, the Xplain podcast goes into great detail of the whole body swap saga that Nicieza retconned on the episode releases today
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Even then it wasn't her body. The bodies were completely destroyed once they went through Spirals bodyshoppe. She made 2 new bodies that were almost indistinguishable. She mixed the womens DNA, powers and memories. It was a mess but both their original bodies have been gone since the Siege Perilous.
    The mixing of the bodies was probably retconned at some point into a simple bodyswap.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The mixing of the bodies was probably retconned at some point into a simple bodyswap.
    It really comes down to what was written most recently. The whole thing is a convoluted mess and why I always simplify it as a body swap. If you go of off the 2009 solo series it comes across as a body swap from Betsy's dialog and internal thoughts, even going so far as to identify the body that was dug up & reanimated in Uncanny X-Men 508 as Betsy's original body. Maddy briefly recounts it as a body swap as well. And Hank remarks on the body's hair as naturally blonde but dyed purple.

But the X-books are full of messy continuity, and one reason why I am interested in what Hickman does to clean it up if at all.

Its not really your fault. Marvel is the one that made this mess so convoluted which makes it hard to keep track of

I think it matters in that it makes less sense that her soul would be lingering around in a body she had never inhabited vs the one she was born with.

No they weren’t. They were messed with but not destroyed

Coincidentally, the Xplain podcast goes into great detail of the whole body swap saga that Nicieza retconned on the episode releases today
    So their oringial bodies were no longer existant correct? Or one could say destroyed. The point is neither has been in their original body since then. Technically Kwannon is a construct of Jamie and Betsy is in a construct of her original form. That's all.

So their oringial bodies were no longer existant correct? Or one could say destroyed. The point is neither has been in their original body since then. Technically Kwannon is a construct of Jamie and Betsy is in a construct of her original form. That's all.
    Im saying the bodies werent completely destroyed following the Siege Perilous. Spiral messed with them but Kwannon was in Betsy's original body. That body still had the bionic eyes that were originally placed when Psylocke was in Mojoworld. What Spiral did was more in line with a magical plastic surgery than creating 2 brand new bodies and transfering their psyches in those. Betsy's original body since been destroyed (Psylocke's mini). Not sure whatever happened to Kwannon's original body. The last thing I recall was Vargas having it in X-treme
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2019 at 09:18 AM.

BANNED

Ugh I hate that her new HeroClix is a chase rare. It's over 100 bucks -______- But.... the Anka suit!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Ugh I hate that her new HeroClix is a chase rare. It's over 100 bucks -______- But.... the Anka suit!

I was never into the HeroClix, but my 7 year really likes them and wants to put his "ideal" X-force together, ie Wolverine, X-23, and Psylocke. He is stuck on the idea they are a family, probably because I am a big fan of Wolverine and Psylocke, while my teenage daughter is a huge X-23 fan.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 08-13-2019 at 03:45 AM.

BANNED

I just recently got the Colossus and Storm from this set to complete my heroclix team to display in my shelves: Betsy, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm.

Now I just need the Phoenix 5 Emma Frost for them to be fighting. Haha

Finished it, for now....

Captiain Britain 2.jpg

Finished it, for now....

Captiain Britain 2.jpg
    Psy! This is GOOD. Your art is really coming along because that face and hair >>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Psy! This is GOOD. Your art is really coming along because that face and hair >>>>>>
    Thanks so much, and yes I have been focusing on faces and hands and posture as of late. =)

Kwannon and Betsy

Finished it, for now....

Captiain Britain 2.jpg
    Lovely. The hair and the pose are especially great. Are you going to color it?

Kwannon and Betsy
    That’s adorable. My favorite part is how Betsy’s boots remind me of Sailor Scout boots. ♥️ Both of these costumes look better in fanart than in official art.

Variant cover by Scott Williams.
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-90owLrjZU...1280x1280.jpeg

X-Solicit for Excalibur #2
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...-2019.html?m=1

Betts looks fierce on the Excalibur cover.