Page 81 of 123 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1836

I am SURE it will be James Jasper Braddock + Fury if it every comes to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Or it’ll be a trick of phrasing. Brian will think it’s a choice of amulet or sword. He’ll take the amulet and fly off as CB, but the sword will still be there. Betsy will pick up the sword and join him as CB. Family/group superheroes worked for Shazam. The Braddocks are just Anglophile Skywalkers.
    That works for me.

DC comics explore everything Moore made for them as much as possible.
    It took a long time to Marvel do the same.

what do we think : the Captain Britain suit enhances her current powers or give her new ones to go along with her current power set.

I know people will hate this but I am kind of hoping that it enhances her powers and she is able to create constructs now with her pink power signature. Kind of like Green Lantern.
    I only say this because they are trying to make her different from she was Asian Psylocke and I hope they go in this direction. Kind of like her brother her constructs are only as powerful as her will power. Or whatever his rule is for strength.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I am SURE it will be James Jasper Braddock + Fury if it every comes to be.
    I’m fine with that, but there’s so much that could be added to the mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    what do we think : the Captain Britain suit enhances her current powers or give her new ones to go along with her current power set.

I know people will hate this but I am kind of hoping that it enhances her powers and she is able to create constructs now with her pink power signature. Kind of like Green Lantern.
    I only say this because they are trying to make her different from she was Asian Psylocke and I hope they go in this direction. Kind of like her brother her constructs are only as powerful as her will power. Or whatever his rule is for strength.
    That’s a really interesting idea.

I was just thinking. If they want to help distinguish Betsy and Kwannon. Bringing Betsy back to Captain Britain is great and for Kwannon. They should make her lady Mandarin again. It would sort of be a full circle moment for them.

That's Songbird's thing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't even know who that is what comic does she appear in?

SongBird has GL's powers? I need to google this.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don't even know who that is what comic does she appear in?

SongBird has GL's powers? I need to google this.
    Songbird from the Thunderbolts. She uses Klawtech to make solid sound constructs.

Squeeeeeeel, is it Friday yet........

Screenshot_20190807-194603_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Songbird from the Thunderbolts. She uses Klawtech to make solid sound constructs.
    Yeah. She's also in Al Ewing's New Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ooh. Captains Britain. I wonder if we’ll get Morgan Le Fey as a villain for this book.
    The book is dealing with mutants increased ties to magic, so probably.

I know, I am late to the conversation, but...
    NO to Kwannon taking the Psylocke code-name. It isn't hers to claim.

After being a fan of Betsy for 30 years, I literally only got the blink of an eye to enjoy Betsy being in her real body, with her real code-name, and Kwannon being in her real body, before Marvel decided to go straight back to muddled confusion. The characters both deserve some individuality.

This is the single thing I've seen from Hickman's plans that I can't accept. How is it helping Betsy's history of identity crisis to position her with her brother's mantle, in essentially his uniform, filling his role, while Kwannon is running around using a name that distinctly belongs to Betsy. Then, let's not give her the signature butterfly calling-card either, because someone may actually be able to figure out that she's a distinct character.

Plus the off-the-shoulder uniform was cute af. Back to frumpy armor for "the former model", and a total disregard for any sense of self she could have FINALLY been granted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outback_X View Post
    I know, I am late to the conversation, but...
    NO to Kwannon taking the Psylocke code-name. It isn't hers to claim.

After being a fan of Betsy for 30 years, I literally only got the blink of an eye to enjoy Betsy being in her real body, with her real code-name, and Kwannon being in her real body, before Marvel decided to go straight back to muddled confusion. The characters both deserve some individuality.

This is the single thing I've seen from Hickman's plans that I can't accept. How is it helping Betsy's history of identity crisis to position her with her brother's mantle, in essentially his uniform, filling his role, while Kwannon is running around using a name that distinctly belongs to Betsy. Then, let's not give her the signature butterfly calling-card either, because someone may actually be able to figure out that she's a distinct character.

Plus the off-the-shoulder uniform was cute af. Back to frumpy armor for "the former model", and a total disregard for any sense of self she could have FINALLY been granted.
    Yes, Psylocke is Kwannon´s name because Marvel wants to keep Asian Psylocke around. The video games popularized her.

Elizabeth Braddock can be featured in Captain Britain movies and thus is in Exacalibur as the New Captain Britain.

Now that Disney has the full rights to XMen all this is branding for future movies.