Page 88 of 123 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1836

Do you guys think they're gearing Betsy up to be Captain Britain in the MCU? We have a Peggy as Captain Britain in What If, and now we have Kit Harrington playing Black Knight. The Captain Britain mythos is becoming more or less canon in the MCU.

Carol took the Captain Marvel mantle in 2012 and got a movie 7 years later in 2019. Betsy is taking the Captain Britain mantle in 2019 and they said we won't see any X-Men films until at least 5 more years. Now Betsy as Captain Britain wouldn't be an X-Men film, but-- it'd be around the same timeframe that it took Carol to get her own movie.

It's just super interesting and I feel like Betsy is going to be a power female in the MCU's future.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Do you guys think they're gearing Betsy up to be Captain Britain in the MCU? We have a Peggy as Captain Britain in What If, and now we have Kit Harrington playing Black Knight. The Captain Britain mythos is becoming more or less canon in the MCU.

Carol took the Captain Marvel mantle in 2012 and got a movie 7 years later in 2019. Betsy is taking the Captain Britain mantle in 2019 and they said we won't see any X-Men films until at least 5 more years. Now Betsy as Captain Britain wouldn't be an X-Men film, but-- it'd be around the same timeframe that it took Carol to get her own movie.

It's just super interesting and I feel like Betsy is going to be a power female in the MCU's future.
    That would be awesome, I hope so but doubt it.
    I don't know how her role on X-men Apocalypse could affect her future on the MCU. Sadly probably it is not for the better.

Yes, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't know how her role on X-men Apocalypse could affect her future on the MCU. Sadly probably it is not for the better.
    She was barely there in Apocalypse. They didn't even say her name. And she didn't come back for Dark Phoenix. It won't affect her at all.

Why would her role in X-men Apocalypse affect anything? It was a minor role in a forgettable movie in a cinematic universe that is a moot point now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Why would her role in X-men Apocalypse affect anything? It was a minor role in a forgettable movie in a cinematic universe that is a moot point now.
    Disney isn't rehashing anything. They are even making movies about C and D listers like Shang Chi and The Eternals to be fresh and unexpected at every chance. I don't think they would want to touch anything FOX touched outside of maybe Wolverine and Storm.

But I hope I'm wrong with the negativity.

If they make her Captain Britain from the start she could be different enough.

Disney isn't rehashing anything. They are even making movies about C and D listers like Shang Chi and The Eternals to be fresh and unexpected at every chance. I don't think they would want to touch anything FOX touched outside of maybe Wolverine and Storm.

But I hope I'm wrong with the negativity.

If they make her Captain Britain from the start she could be different enough.
    Even if that’s true, that still works in her favor. She was barely used in the Fox movies. She got an unrecognizable cameo in 2006, a whole lot of nothing, a minor role in 2016 and then more nothing. She’s far closer to Shang Chi and Eternals in terms of recognizability then she is to Logan or Storm. Giving her a substantial role would be fresh and unexpected of Marvel and would distinguish them from the Fox movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Even if that’s true, that still works in her favor. She was barely used in the Fox movies. She got an unrecognizable cameo in 2006, a whole lot of nothing, a minor role in 2016 and then more nothing. She’s far closer to Shang Chi and Eternals in terms of recognizability then she is to Logan or Storm. Giving her a substantial role would be fresh and unexpected of Marvel and would distinguish them from the Fox movies.
    I hope so. She deserved better.

I also hope they make her british instead of asian. That would help her move from the body swap mess once and for all.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-24-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She was barely there in Apocalypse. They didn't even say her name. And she didn't come back for Dark Phoenix. It won't affect her at all.
    They do say her name but you are right. It's forgettable and still...I think they'll be using the British Betsy in the MCU first.
    A picture would last longer darling...

It'd be cool if it was a Skywalker duet movie, where BOTH twins were chosen but EACH twin thought there could only be one. Amulet AND Sword, Brian AND Betsy, blond AND purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Not true. Her name is said in her first scene

BANNED

Yes, if Excalibur does well they can just introduce her in the MCU as Captain Britain.

MCU’s Psylocke will be Kwannon, to preserve a character well known to people who like XMen video games.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    They do say her name but you are right. It's forgettable and still...I think they'll be using the British Betsy in the MCU first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not true. Her name is said in her first scene
    They say her codename, Psylocke. Not Betsy, Elizabeth, Braddock, anything.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

20190826_145703.jpg She looks soooo good!

She is perfect! So cute.