Page 18 of 123 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I think Logan is fun. He's got controversial opinions (as most of us do) but I don't see why everyone always gets so worked up about them lol. Like, just let him live and keep it moving?

Psylocke was great in Disassembled even though the event as a whole was a letdown. I really enjoyed the mix of her using her psychic knife and the sword/shield.
    I got the tank top version of the "Psylocke Through the Ages" post someone had posted a few pages back. It's super cool!

I won't like though, I think I'm ready for a new costume already. The pink one has grown on me but I think I want something a little...cooler? More sleek? It could just be that so many can't get the colors right and it bothers me.

X-Tremists starts in March or April?
    Their opinion doesn't bother me. what bothers me is one, they constantly misconstrue everything. Like I said this issue was a wash to me. They then went on and on how every relationship would be a wash and yadda yadda. Like no, that's not what I said, and even AFTER clearing it up continued on the relationship not being a wash. If you want to debate and discuss fine but stay on topic and comprehend. Second, it's not just their opinions. It's the fact that ANYTHING anyone says ill about Betsy and Warren they have to say something, literally anything. You want people to respect your opinion. That's a 2 way street. They have shown no respect for anyones opinion. Lastly, they don't even read the material being commented on. Yes you may full well do so but no you have no weight on the subject. It would be like going to a fish for driving instructions. Not to mention how foolish you look. Maybe read the material before you comment.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-17-2019 at 01:39 PM.

I don't want to talk about Logan like he can't defend himself but again, just let him be wrong (not saying you're always wrong Logan <3) and keep it moving? Because he's not really going to debate. He feels how he feels and you won't change that and then you (using "you" as a blanket term here) just get wrapped up in a circular argument; which then turns in pseudo personal attacks and way off topic debates. Wouldn't it be easier to just keep scrolling past his posts?

It's all Betsy love at the end of the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    No matter how badly written Disassembled was, Betsy was the one character that had the best showing in the entire event. And that's a lot to say about our girl!

Betsy was a prominent figure: she contributed to the team's decision-making, she had multiple power feats, she defeated multiple opponents mostly on her own, other characters depended on her and her powers, and she had a unique voice that wasn't interchangeable with other characters. Also, if it wasn't for her breaking Ororo out of Nate's control, Ororo wouldn't have attacked him and allowed the telepaths to break in.

Our girl is the true MVP.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I don't have the say it's a fact. If you were brought into court for a Psylocke trial. You'd be dismissed due to your credibility, which is none. Facts. What's even funnier is you couldn't even decipher that I was talking about the issue being a wash but you went on and on about Warren and Betsy. When that wasn't even said. Now that's funny, and annoying. At least I understand the words that are being written.
    So then you're calling me an idiot...and calling something a wash can mean more than one thing...but when you and others misunderstand what I write it's my fault...and I'm not always wrong any more than most...

Anyway here's to wondering if Betsy again knows that her world isn't the right one...and wondering what finally snaps her back to knowing if she doesn't at the start...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-17-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So then you're calling me an idiot...and calling something a wash can mean more than one thing...but when you and others misunderstand what I write it's my fault...and I'm not always wrong any more than most...

Anyway here's to wondering if Betsy again knows that her world isn't the right one...and wondering what finally snaps her back to knowing if she doesn't at the start...
    An idiot, no. Foolish yes. Prime example is your comment on Uncanny Xmen 10 where you stated. One has to wonder how they all got there they can't teleport. If you read the issue prior, or even a damn summary. You'd know how they all got there. The problem with speaking on things you don't know personally, tends to put your foot in your mouth quite often.

I don't misunderstand things. So don't lump me into any anything thank you. Also this wasn't a misunderstanding of the word wash..this was your misunderstanding of my entire point and then using it to go on and on about something I wasn't even talking about. Then to top it off you try and back peddle or make excuses. You literally did not understand my post and then proceeded to argue with me about it. Like why in the world would I want to..... You're taking me verbally hostage by forcing me to retread my point over and over instead of simply dropping it. You didn't comprehend my posts not a misunderstanding of one word. Let's move on.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-17-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

So then do we know if Betsy and the others will know that they're in an alternate reality or if they'll think that everything's fine and dandy...

Wonder why to some she's being drawn as more Asian looking in the preview art...

I think that's one of those things we'll all just kind of see as subjective. Just like when she was in the Asian body she didn't always look Asian, in the original bod where she'll probably still appear slightly Asian. I chalk it more up to artistic style than anything. Cause I honestly don't see Asian at all in that preview art aside from the darker hair. Which, is another thing that I'm sure will be inconsistent.

Ultimate Member

Inconsistent art...NEVER!!! Anyway yeah different artists are drawing her differently...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So then do we know if Betsy and the others will know that they're in an alternate reality or if they'll think that everything's fine and dandy...

Wonder why to some she's being drawn as more Asian looking in the preview art...
    It's possible in this dimension, Nate makes the rules.
    And he wants an asian betsy because Nate fantasies about sexy ninja chicks.
    Yeah Nate REALLY has to die!

Ultimate Member

It's possible, but yeah Nate needs to go far away and pretty much never come back, or not all of the artists got the new body memo...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This was a GREAT issue for Psylocke, and the depths of her relationships with the other characters. Just read it.

I love the way the artist drew wet curly hair on the girls. It was a really nice touch and great look for Betsy.

Do you all like the visual of Betsy stabbing folks with her sword or is the psy-knife still preferred? When she freed Warren from Nate's control I honestly felt it was a little lackluster but when she freed Storm? Whew! That was probably the first "badass" visual I feel we've had with her since she's been back.

The reveal of the of the tk weapons was a moment too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Do you all like the visual of Betsy stabbing folks with her sword or is the psy-knife still preferred? When she freed Warren from Nate's control I honestly felt it was a little lackluster but when she freed Storm? Whew! That was probably the first "badass" visual I feel we've had with her since she's been back.

The reveal of the of the tk weapons was a moment too.
    Honestly No, I don't! The problem I have with this "story" is that the writing is all over the place. The Rule of Kewl Trope is evident, by the rampant fanboy writing style. Some characters are highly inconsisten, like Sam. Some are getting good moments like Psylocke, and others are treated as Fodder and Annoying like Hisako. Psylockes moments while great, are based on her stabbing folks in the head, when she can do it at a Distance.

Jumping in somebodies face to in essence, Psychoblast them is getting old. This whole story is about flash and glam honestly. Nate is like a Final Fantasy villain and the Horsemen should have been the Boss fights. But this "story" overall is just meh.

So In the future I'd like Psylocke to honestly look LESS "Kewl", and show some range instead of having to prove to people she can still fight. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Honestly No, I don't! The problem I have with this "story" is that the writing is all over the place. The Rule of Kewl Trope is evident, by the rampant fanboy writing style. Some characters are highly inconsisten, like Sam. Some are getting good moments like Psylocke, and others are treated as Fodder and Annoying like Hisako. Psylockes moments while great, are based on her stabbing folks in the head, when she can do it at a Distance.

Jumping in somebodies face to in essence, Psychoblast them is getting old. This whole story is about flash and glam honestly. Nate is like a Final Fantasy villain and the Horsemen should have been the Boss fights. But this "story" overall is just meh.

So In the future I'd like Psylocke to honestly look LESS "Kewl", and show some range instead of having to prove to people she can still fight. It's annoying.
    It was inevitable when you have several writers and editorial demands to accomplish. Its not much but i've experienced worse, its okay and forgettable like most things Marvel publishes. When we look back its going to be one of those stories. I've read worse things that most can only dream.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    It was inevitable when you have several writers and editorial demands to accomplish. Its not much but i've experienced worse, its okay and forgettable like most things Marvel publishes. When we look back its going to be one of those stories. I've read worse things that most can only dream.
    I'm really hoping that Marvel gets the X-men away from the Feared and hated thing. It's becoming the dumbest trope at Marvel right now. In England, people were cool with Psylocke, but now that she's associated with the X-men it's I hatez you yo!
    It doesn't give them very many options for great storytelling. Everything reveals around a DAHK FUTAH!!! Nevermind the likes of the Avengers, Aliens, Gods, World Devourers, etc. But yeah the X-men are the problem?
    That's the issue I think I have and why I like Valiant so much now, they try to innovate the same old same old, and shake up the status quo. I mean they took one of the best heroes and made her a villain, but she's still a hero. She takes on the moniker of Villain, because well it's all about perception. But is secretly being helped by the people sent to hunt her. It's great.