Page 60 of 123 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm a little torn about this new development for Betsy as Captain Britain only because I fear for Brian and his role and his life. I am glad she's diving deeper into her rich history with Otherworld though. And the name change will take time getting used to. I like Kwannon well enough but Psylocke is Betsy and Betsy is Psylocke. I just wished Kwannon didn't go back to Jim Lee's costume and would have been given a new one for herself. She needs to separate from Betsy's shadow so she can be her own character for once.
    I feel the same way.

Just when I thought Marvel couldn't make things worse after Mystery in Madripoor, they do this.

I really love this Excalibur lineup, as it makes her costume pop among the more classic looks for her team, that I am also a big fan of (Apocalypse? Whaaaat?!). The costume evokes her classic armoured look to me, but definitely situates it within a more Magic Britannia context, so if this series gets buck wild like Captain Britain and MI:13 did it should be really cool.

Brian’s probably alright. He’s a father now, and he was never the feistiest of the twins anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This is everything I ever wanted. I can’t believe we’re here. We’ve truly won!
    WON. I can’t wait until we get the first solo cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Maybe they'll launch the movie with her as Captain Britain
    I love it when we all dream big.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Brian’s probably alright. He’s a father now, and he was never the feistiest of the twins anyway.
    I honestly think they’ll be operating under the name together. Brian probably has some other duties that pull him away or he takes more of an active leadership role in the Corps and let’s Betsy deal with 616 and the rise of mutant magic. I honestly can’t wait to see how she gets the name and look. Is she gonna pick the sword or the amulet?! Did she even have to?

I'm glad most of you all are happy. I'm nervous. I don't like Psylocke losing her codename to Kwannon. Kwannon should be revanche. But the whole thing is confusing at this point lol I wonder if it was a marketing decision to give Kwannon the Psylocke codename.

I'm glad Besty is being used and her history is being explored. I hope good things are on the way for her. She appears to be the leader and she has a good team.

They had the opportunity to give Kwannon her own identity, powers and nuances but they squandered it. In time, Betsy will take back her codename and leave Kwannon rudderless.

So I've been pondering this for awhile now...

Y'all its really not that confusing. And we're basically going to have to get over it because this is what Marvel is doing. They wanted their cake and to eat it too. Ive been saying that since Mystery in Madripoor. They wanted to keep that Asian telepath for all the people that were bitching about it and also because its one of the X-Men's iconic visuals. Like someone else said the things they are doing to keep that Jim Lee psychic ninja babe is crazy. But whatever.

Just view Psylocke as a legacy name. Kwannon basically came back as nothing (she calls herself nothing) and doesn't really have an identity. Sucks that they're just going to give her all of Betsy's attributes and not make her her own unique character. But it is what it is.

I like that Betsy is being elevated but I think it is a MUST to have an interaction with Betsy and Kwannon where Betsy gives her the codename. It is a must for this to work. IMO.

There are so many questions I have that I hope get answered.

Because it's so easy to stomach that 30 years of character development are erased in a blink of an eye now. Really, it's like asking to pull the trigger with the gun on one's face, and that so few people here find it outrageous is bizarre to me.

Even asking to have Betsy Braddock as the telepathic ninja Psylocke in her original body was too much for Marvel it seems. It will take time, but I think Marvel will rethink this eventually.

Incredible Member

If she was stuck in her head that whole time this may be all she knows

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Because it's so easy to stomach that 30 years of character development are erased in a blink of an eye now. Really, it's like asking to pull the trigger with the gun on one's face, and that so few people here find it outrageous is bizarre to me.

Even asking to have Betsy Braddock as the telepathic ninja Psylocke in her original body was too much for Marvel it seems. It will take time, but I think Marvel will rethink this eventually.
    Didn't you want the asian telepath to still be prevalent? ( You get that with Kwannon Psylocke). And the 30 yrs of character development are still there. What makes you think it just disappears?

Kwannon literally calls herself nothing? Wow. I don’t know what to call that. It just seems so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Kwannon literally calls herself nothing? Wow. I don’t know what to call that. It just seems so wrong.
    She said it once in Uncanny while she was talking to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Didn't you want the asian telepath to still be prevalent? ( You get that with Kwannon Psylocke). And the 30 yrs of character development are still there. What makes you think it just disappears?
    Am I speaking to Jim Zub? How am I "getting" anything with Kwannon, when Psylocke has always been my favourite character and they are disposing of all the elements that she was built upon? With that direction, Betsy's history will diminish into a Wikipedia footnote and will have no further impact on her character anymore.

I like the name change for Betsy. Its fitting she takes back het original name of Captain Brittain. She had it before she was Psylocke right?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-