Page 65 of 123 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah, the programmers and artists at Capcom Japan seemed particularly fond of the character, Betsy and Storm are the two Marvel heroines with the most appearances in the Marvel Capcom video game series.
    Betsy hasnt been used in a MvC game since 2000 which marked the tail end of her 90s popularity. Its been almost 2 decades at this point and they even passed her up for MvC3 which featured several X-men

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy hasnt been used in a MvC game since 2000 which marked the tail end of her 90s popularity. Its been almost 2 decades at this point and they even passed her up for MvC3 which featured several X-men
    Jeepers, so all those hundreds of MvC games they released in that two decade period she didn't appear in???? That's so crazy! Thanks for the heads up!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Jeepers, so all those hundreds of MvC games they released in that two decade period she didn't appear in???? That's so crazy! Thanks for the heads up!
    they only released 2 (or 3, since Ultimate MvC3 was its own release) but yeah, I think she may have appeared in an ending at most but not as playable unfortunately. Betsy's recieved more love from the mobile space than consoles

they only released 2 (or 3, since Ultimate MvC3 was its own release) but yeah, I think she may have appeared in an ending at most but not as playable unfortunately. Betsy's recieved more love from the mobile space than consoles
    None of the X-Men appeared in the last one right? I remember a lot of people boycotting it due to the Disney/ MCU politics. (I didn't play it myself, the artwork looked terrible, and liked having teams of 3.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

None of the X-Men appeared in the last one right? I remember a lot of people boycotting it due to the Disney/ MCU politics. (I didn't play it myself, the artwork looked terrible, and liked having teams of 3.
    nope. People expected DLC but that didnt happen

Maybe if the MCU introduces Captain Britain in a few years then eventually by movie 3 or 4 they can get Betsy as the new Captain Britain the same way they are making Natalie Portman Thor . Maybe it's her chance at a big Captain America like lead role than a background cameo character again. I highly doubt Psylocke had the chance of becoming a well established character on film. It would take like 5 or 6 movies to get around to her speaking important dialog lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Maybe if the MCU introduces Captain Britain in a few years then eventually by movie 3 or 4 they can get Betsy as the new Captain Britain the same way they are making Natalie Portman Thor . Maybe it's her chance at a big Captain America like lead role than a background cameo character again. I highly doubt Psylocke had the chance of becoming a well established character on film. It would take like 5 or 6 movies to get around to her speaking important dialog lol.
    Id rather they not do that bc they are also doing it with Hawkeye. If she is to be Captain Britain, it should be at the start rather than making her yet another female derivative taking over a male mantle, something that might feel played out by the time we get to her

Id rather they not do that bc they are also doing it with Hawkeye. If she is to be Captain Britain, it should be at the start rather than making her yet another female derivative taking over a male mantle, something that might feel played out by the time we get to her
    That totally shafts us OG Captain Britain fans though.

7E78659B-17F4-4097-AE94-295F1E072294.jpg

I’d be down for Monarch as her codename but since we’ve mentioned it so much they probably wouldn’t use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    That totally shafts us OG Captain Britain fans though.
    which is why she should stick to Psylocke

I wonder if anything will happen to Brian in the books. Will he give up the mantle or will something happen to him? I wonder if they will say that the reason his daughter is so advanced for her age is bc of her magical ancestry, not bc she's a mutant

As for Betsy's suit, do people think its magical? Will she gain strength and flight like her bro?

I don’t get why everyone is concerned about Brian. Im sure there will be an in-story explanation of this big change to Betsy being Captain Britain now. Also he has a wife and kid. He can take a break. Also he was barely featured before so it’s not a huge loss. Unless they’re killing him off :*

Because its been his codename/mantle since inception so obviously there will be questions about him just as people would be asking about Betsy if the Fallen Angels solicit was all we got with no mention of Excalibur or her in sight

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I don’t get why everyone is concerned about Brian. Im sure there will be an in-story explanation of this big change to Betsy being Captain Britain now. Also he has a wife and kid. He can take a break. Also he was barely featured before so it’s not a huge loss. Unless they’re killing him off :*
    Not for you, obviously. Brian's fans weren't happy with him hardly getting any showings (and even then mostly negative ones), but you're acting like we should shut up and like it. Considering all the fuss over Betsy's power signature/powers/look being co-opted by Kwannon, you must know how we feel. The character has been treated pretty shabbily by Marvel US, and we really don't want him losing a MCU franchise to his sister - having Betsy as CB in a film of, say, The Jasper's Warp, would be to add insult to injury. Surely you can sympathise.

Not for you, obviously. Brian's fans weren't happy with him hardly getting any showings (and even then mostly negative ones), but you're acting like we should shut up and like it. .
    Um no I’m not. But if that’s how you feel that’s really something you feel. That’s not what I am saying.

Considering all the fuss over Betsy's power signature/powers/look being co-opted by Kwannon, you must know how we feel. The character has been treated pretty shabbily by Marvel US, and we really don't want him losing a MCU franchise to his sister - having Betsy as CB in a film of, say, The Jasper's Warp, would be to add insult to injury. Surely you can sympathize
    It’s her twin brother and it’s a role she’s had before.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Um no I’m not. But if that’s how you feel that’s really something you feel. That’s not what I am saying.

It’s her twin brother and it’s a role she’s had before.
    He does make a good point though that I hadnt considered. Most Psylocke fans should be able to empathize with Brian being cast aside and now losing elements which defined him to another character