Page 17 of 123 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

No matter how badly written Disassembled was, Betsy was the one character that had the best showing in the entire event. And that's a lot to say about our girl!

Betsy was a prominent figure: she contributed to the team's decision-making, she had multiple power feats, she defeated multiple opponents mostly on her own, other characters depended on her and her powers, and she had a unique voice that wasn't interchangeable with other characters. Also, if it wasn't for her breaking Ororo out of Nate's control, Ororo wouldn't have attacked him and allowed the telepaths to break in.

Our girl is the true MVP.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because it strengthens my position, I don't just say that this or that is right because I said so, I didn't view their interaction as pushing the relationship Warren just helped her get close to Storm to stop her, since he didn't yell at her and called her Psylocke instead of Betsy that's so horrible a thing...
    What position? Where in these boards were you given the authority to tell posters they can't enjoy a ship or not?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    No matter how badly written Disassembled was, Betsy was the one character that had the best showing in the entire event. And that's a lot to say about our girl!

Betsy was a prominent figure: she contributed to the team's decision-making, she had multiple power feats, she defeated multiple opponents mostly on her own, other characters depended on her and her powers, and she had a unique voice that wasn't interchangeable with other characters. Also, if it wasn't for her breaking Ororo out of Nate's control, Ororo wouldn't have attacked him and allowed the telepaths to break in.

Our girl is the true MVP.
    Thank you for this amazing post on Elizabeths contribution to Uncanny. You are a great poster gifted.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    What position? Where in these boards were you given the authority to tell posters they can't enjoy a ship or not?
    By my position I only meant my position on any given topic, just like you have a position on this or that pairing or character...anything else was your own exaggeration...

And odd that Psy seems to have the say about who has credibility or not...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    It's been non consistent with her TK after she's brought back in Sisterhood. I think Mike Carey is the only writer who have her flying. While I agree with limiting her TK, it's just doesnt goes with the canon and non logical. The first thing she does after the gaining tk / power swap was fly (she loves flying).

Thats not true. She was flying in X-men volume 4

By my position I only meant my position on any given topic, just like you have a position on this or that pairing or character...anything else was your own exaggeration...
    How does liking a certain ship equal any position? Why do you need to tell people they can't like any ship regardless if it works or not?
    How old are you? Seriously, how old are you to come in and "educate" people on any given subject that they are aware of?
    So what if they enjoy a ship that you don't like or enjoy a part of a story you don't like or if they do want to see a change that might not stick.
    Why do you have to tell people they can't enjoy those things? Is your life that empty that you have to come into these boards for attention?

Ultimate Member

When did I ever tell anyone what pairing that they could or couldn't like, and whether it works or not is nothing more than an opinion which yours is no better than mine...

I didn't say that I was going to educate anyone on anything, only that everyone has a position on topics, you have your position on Warren/Betsy and I have mine just like I have my position on all other ships and you have yours, you can have a position on something that has nothing at all to do with comic books...
    When did I ever tell anyone what they could or could not enjoy...

Now you're starting to sound like a bully...and/or a troll...hmm...

As to Betsy still wondering if she'll know that her reality isn't real in the five issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Thank you for this amazing post on Elizabeths contribution to Uncanny. You are a great poster gifted.
    Haha, thanks! I try. I just love a lot of characters and always try to give everything the benefit of the doubt.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

When did I ever tell anyone what pairing that they could or couldn't like, and whether it works or not is nothing more than an opinion which yours is no better than mine...

I didn't say that I was going to educate anyone on anything, only that everyone has a position on topics, you have your position on Warren/Betsy and I have mine just like I have my position on all other ships and you have yours, you can have a position on something that has nothing at all to do with comic books...
    When did I ever tell anyone what they could or could not enjoy...

Now you're starting to sound like a bully...and/or a troll...hmm...
    Then why do you get upset everytime someone disagrees with you? Why do you keep making excuses to defend a ship when someone mentions their opinion of not liking it? Why do you get stingy when the body swap is brought up? Why do you accuse people of drinking the kool aid when in reality people want to see what Marvel pulls out? We know how the industry works most fans here have been reading the x-men for more than a decade. Why do you need to exxagerate posters responses to make yourself feel good? You do know posters here already see you as a bully, why do you think you get confronted over the same issues every single time? If we were trolls why haven't we been removed from the forums or suspended? If it is bad as you claim why haven't any of these posters been reported for their behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Haha, thanks! I try. I just love a lot of characters and always try to give everything the benefit of the doubt.
    Thanks regardless. The comic book industry is not like it used to be and it does worry me with the decline of readership how long any this medium will continue to exist. Comic books have become a niche market now and as much as it hurts I understand why they make certain decisions. It sucks really but what can you do. I hope these characters last for a long time.

Ultimate Member

Because I don't go running to the mods with every problem that I have for one...I don't need to make an excuse to defend a ship that I like, how do I get stingy, it can't be any more than those that every time it came up had the opposite view that I had...the only bit about drinking the kool aid is that only good can come, common sense would say that it's possible that only good can come but more than likely there'll be more bad or middle of the road stuff so it doesn't make much sense to only expect the best possible outcome each and every time...

Yes I do know some people see me as a bully though I don't remember anything that would actually fit that description-and I don't remember any of them actually showing any evidence that I bullied them otherwise wouldn't I be in trouble over it...but I'm not and don't expect to me as I keep from name calling or threatening anybody, just telling someone that you disagree with them is not bullying, especially if you don't call them any names or threaten them in any way or anything like that, there's plenty of people that bash W/B but I don't call them overly negative or bullies...I know that all it can take for any two characters to be paired together by fans is a panel or two taken the wrong way...if I'm a troll then I'd ask the same to you...

As to Betsy I again wonder if she'll know that everything in her world is wrong or whether she'll only learn it at the end of the five issues...

And odd that Psy seems to have the say about who has credibility or not...hmm...
    I don't have the say it's a fact. If you were brought into court for a Psylocke trial. You'd be dismissed due to your credibility, which is none. Facts. What's even funnier is you couldn't even decipher that I was talking about the issue being a wash but you went on and on about Warren and Betsy. When that wasn't even said. Now that's funny, and annoying. At least I understand the words that are being written.

Ive been reported twice. I dont think Im a troll though I just call it as I see it

You guys Logan has literally been this way on the forums since I started in 2004 on XFan -> ComiXfan -> CBR

It's just how he will always be and its fine to call him out but don't get sucked up in petty arguments with him or MODs will come.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ive been reported twice. I dont think Im a troll though I just call it as I see it

You guys Logan has literally been this way on the forums since I started in 2004 on XFan -> ComiXfan -> CBR

It's just how he will always be and its fine to call him out but don't get sucked up in petty arguments with him or MODs will come.
    You're right, literally no point. It's all one sided. Guess I have to go back to ignoring......

Anyway, here's my current progress on my Betsy inspired piece.

Psypose.jpg

I think Logan is fun. He's got controversial opinions (as most of us do) but I don't see why everyone always gets so worked up about them lol. Like, just let him live and keep it moving?

Psylocke was great in Disassembled even though the event as a whole was a letdown. I really enjoyed the mix of her using her psychic knife and the sword/shield.
    I got the tank top version of the "Psylocke Through the Ages" post someone had posted a few pages back. It's super cool!

I won't like though, I think I'm ready for a new costume already. The pink one has grown on me but I think I want something a little...cooler? More sleek? It could just be that so many can't get the colors right and it bothers me.

X-Tremists starts in March or April?