Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah here's hoping that it's a red herring though if you think about it they're not in their right minds so as long as even if it did happen it didn't carry over...

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Her mask is so creepy and elegant
    OMG.. I love the costumes! Jubilee and Northstar are the best ones IMO. But I love Betsy's mask, it is both creepy and elegant at the same time.

As for Kwannon.. poor girl looks like Psylocke 2.0. Just revert her to her original power - empathy, and costume that doesn't resemble Psylocke's pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kwannon with her arms around Wolverine's neck is a nice throwback to the first time he met that body

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...478a37cf_b.jpg
    Will Wolverine unveiled her mask and scream... Psylocke!!!???

Leah Williams will be addressing Betsy's queer identity. In response to this tweet, "No offence to you but......... we're really going to see betsy have some type of romantic arc with the blob of all people before we see her have another romantic relationship with a woman huh", Leah said:

oh that gets addressed big time. if it gets cut then it won't be my doing. I would not have this many queer characters without delivering an authentic and honest story about queer identity.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

How big of an arc can you have in 5 issues and it could still be viewed as an alternate reality version of Betsy...

Its not an AR Betsy. Its our Betsy transported to an AR universe but its still the 616 character we've been reading

Also it looks like Kwannon is in the MLF

UNCANNY X-MEN #15 & #16)
    Reminds me of
    E26677F6-068D-4E1C-99FD-40C166291450.jpg

Ultimate Member

Its not an AR Betsy. Its our Betsy transported to an AR universe but its still the 616 character we've been reading
    But if that were true then they'd know that everything was different from their own reality and try to do something about it from the start and so far there's no indication that most if any of them know that they're not in the 616 verse anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But if that were true then they'd know that everything was different from their own reality and try to do something about it from the start and so far there's no indication that most if any of them know that they're not in the 616 verse anymore...
    No they wouldnt as they obviously had their memories manipulated by the reality warping. This happened in House of M, Age of X and Heroes Reborn. Age of X-man isnt an original concept

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Leah Williams will be addressing Betsy's queer identity. In response to this tweet, "No offence to you but......... we're really going to see betsy have some type of romantic arc with the blob of all people before we see her have another romantic relationship with a woman huh", Leah said:
    No Offence,, but I hope they don't go this route. She also responded last year saying she doesn't want to do everybody gay, just to have everybody gay. I'll see if I can find the Tweet.

I definitely do not want this argument again.

EDIT: Looks like she is gonna go that route. Lol. But not here. Just listened to a podcast where she talked about it. She seemed a little unsure but said if it gets explored, she wants it done correctly.
    Here's the Podcast.

I loved her Deja Thoris book, so I do hope that if she makes Betsy Canonically Bi, then it's done right. She's been so oversexualized over the years, I can see other writers not doing it justice, and doing it for kicks.
    No, No Psylocke and Kwannon for me.

Psylocke and Emma? Lol.
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2019/01/21...make-it-queer/
    Last edited by Tazirai; 01-22-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Ultimate Member

No they wouldnt as they obviously had their memories manipulated by the reality warping. This happened in House of M, Age of X and Heroes Reborn. Age of X-man isnt an original concept
    So then technically they're not in their right minds so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So then technically they're not in their right minds so to speak...
    Technically they're inside the mind of an extremely powerful mutant.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-22-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Mighty Member

I really don’t want to see Psylocke in a fling with a woman again. I’m a gay man, so clearly I’m all for gay/bi/trans characters, but I don’t want to see this with Psylocke again. Cluster was a different concept and could have definitely been done better and had her questioning who she is and why she felt that, but it wasn’t explored, it was written off and out. She’s been this sex pot all these years and I’m happy with the new exposure she’s been getting, but let’s cool with her having to be written into another relationship.

Relationship at the moment is a hard no. But another fling or two? I’m all for it. When I think about it, one of the things I’ve always enjoyed about Psylocke is her casual and open sexual exploits. Makes her feel a bit more real. She’s similar to She-Hulk in that way. Now I want a She-Hulk/Psylocke team-up.

They can go to clinic together.

I love the X-tremist costumes. It annoys me when alternate costumes turn out to look so much better than the normal costumes. I want Jubilee especially to keep her X-tremist costume. I agree with whomever said Betsy's costume is both elegant and creepy. I will admit that even Blob looks cool and I've never thought that of him before.

On the subject of Betsy's relationships, I just wish she can be more defined first before she's thrown into another relationship again so soon after her on and off romance with Warren. Whenever she gets a big change with potential for personal growth, it's swept under the rug in favor of fluff and it's disappointing. I'd say I hope Kwannon gets better treatment and while I'm super excited that she's alive again, she is too good for the MLF lol. That team has always been a joke, but I'd love it if the writers actually tried to give more of a voice to those characters. Dragoness semi piqued my interest...

Anyway, maybe Kwannon can ditch the MLF and join up with Scott and Logan. It would definitely be an interesting dynamic between those three and it'd be a good time to flesh her out. If she stays with the MLF, then I'm afraid she'll just become another obscure character just like the rest of that team. If so, then why bring her back at all?