Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So that they could make Betsy British again and then clearly differentiate the two for those that hated the Asian Betsy...and then just pair her up with Warren back to mostly his old self and let them move forward together to new and better stories not rehashing the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I love the X-tremist costumes. It annoys me when alternate costumes turn out to look so much better than the normal costumes. I want Jubilee especially to keep her X-tremist costume. I agree with whomever said Betsy's costume is both elegant and creepy. I will admit that even Blob looks cool and I've never thought that of him before.

On the subject of Betsy's relationships, I just wish she can be more defined first before she's thrown into another relationship again so soon after her on and off romance with Warren. Whenever she gets a big change with potential for personal growth, it's swept under the rug in favor of fluff and it's disappointing. I'd say I hope Kwannon gets better treatment and while I'm super excited that she's alive again, she is too good for the MLF lol. That team has always been a joke, but I'd love it if the writers actually tried to give more of a voice to those characters. Dragoness semi piqued my interest...

Anyway, maybe Kwannon can ditch the MLF and join up with Scott and Logan. It would definitely be an interesting dynamic between those three and it'd be a good time to flesh her out. If she stays with the MLF, then I'm afraid she'll just become another obscure character just like the rest of that team. If so, then why bring her back at all?
    I'm sort of kind of hoping that Kwannon wakes with some sort of amnesia. Hence why the first person she grabbed she demanded answers. Maybe we can get a homage to Psylocke and Wolverine. We will get a Kwannon psi stabbing Wolverine and her regaining her memories or realizing a bit of who she really is. Then she can deflect to the Xmen and her and Psylocke can have a story of closure between the two. Then keep both of them far far away from Warren. They really do ruin her with relationships. I prefer her solo.

Ive found it interesting that Betsy has yet to use her signature psi-knife. Its only shown up on covers but she hasnt used it in the books. Meanwhile Kwannon has. I wonder if thats intentional and they are saying the knife is the Asian bodies thing and Betsy will be limited to the sword and shield from now on

She used the psi-knife a few times in Disassembled. But I think the sword/shield will be indeed be her go-to weapons of choice.

Thanks. Forgot about those

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I'm sort of kind of hoping that Kwannon wakes with some sort of amnesia. Hence why the first person she grabbed she demanded answers. Maybe we can get a homage to Psylocke and Wolverine. We will get a Kwannon psi stabbing Wolverine and her regaining her memories or realizing a bit of who she really is. Then she can deflect to the Xmen and her and Psylocke can have a story of closure between the two. Then keep both of them far far away from Warren. They really do ruin her with relationships. I prefer her solo.
    I like that idea and paying homage to Acts of Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. Forgot about those
    There's also a weird panel that I don't understand in UXM #9 on the page right after Jean sends out a telepathic call to all those X-men members. Betsy and Blob are in the air, she connects with a punch and has her psi-knife manifested as if she's about to plunge it into his skull. It looks as though they're moving backwards in the air though?

Edit: One thing I missed is that Kwannon will be leading the MLF. Hmmm. I rather kinda like her being a leader but still, it's the MLF lol.
    Last edited by Drey; 01-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.

I wish they consistently kept her hair light and lavender. Kwannon can have dark deep purple (or even better - black). I'm not a fan of the mask on the newer costume or her dating Blob haha. I remember when I joked Betsy and Kwannon should date and now that she is queer I'm ready for that

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    I wish they consistently kept her hair light and lavender. Kwannon can have dark deep purple (or even better - black). I'm not a fan of the mask on the newer costume or her dating Blob haha. I remember when I joked Betsy and Kwannon should date and now that she is queer I'm ready for that
    Me tooTurmotulous Kwannon and Betsy 2-1.jpg

Betsy and Kwannon together seems weird to me. I also don't like the fact that there's a small part of me that's intrigued lol

Must...resist...can't...succumb...don't you DARE do it Marvel!!!! Do something daring with your precious Jean Grey instead!!

that's cool!! love it. who's head is that at the bottom haha?

anyone else notice how long kwannon's torso is in that wolverine cover?
    Untitled-1.jpg

BANNED

I love the X-tremist costumes. It annoys me when alternate costumes turn out to look so much better than the normal costumes. I want Jubilee especially to keep her X-tremist costume. I agree with whomever said Betsy's costume is both elegant and creepy. I will admit that even Blob looks cool and I've never thought that of him before.

On the subject of Betsy's relationships, I just wish she can be more defined first before she's thrown into another relationship again so soon after her on and off romance with Warren. Whenever she gets a big change with potential for personal growth, it's swept under the rug in favor of fluff and it's disappointing. I'd say I hope Kwannon gets better treatment and while I'm super excited that she's alive again, she is too good for the MLF lol. That team has always been a joke, but I'd love it if the writers actually tried to give more of a voice to those characters. Dragoness semi piqued my interest...

Anyway, maybe Kwannon can ditch the MLF and join up with Scott and Logan. It would definitely be an interesting dynamic between those three and it'd be a good time to flesh her out. If she stays with the MLF, then I'm afraid she'll just become another obscure character just like the rest of that team. If so, then why bring her back at all?
    Ihope so also, Kwannon should in no way be considered some type of villain. I do hope it's been at LEAST a couple months, or else this makes no sense.

It'd be nice to just get a nice little mini to address these issues.

We'll see how Queer she goes, but it's a HARD no for me when it comes to her and Kwannon, they can keep that to Fan Fiction or Alternate universes where they never merged.

Betsy and Kwannon together seems weird to me. I also don't like the fact that there's a small part of me that's intrigued lol

Must...resist...can't...succumb...don't you DARE do it, Marvel!!!! Do something daring with your precious Jean Grey instead!!
    My resistance is STRONG on this lol.

That picture is definitely an homage to this...

I love this. Hopefully an official toy can come out sometime!

Last edited by PoP; 01-23-2019 at 03:54 PM.

BANNED

I love this. Hopefully an official toy can come out sometime!

I've been wanting a Psylocke boxed set for decades. Pink, Armor, Thong, Uncanny X-force, and Modern

A new Marvel Select Psylocke is being released. She looks more 90's accurate then the Marvel Legends one. Specially the hair, leg straps, sash and power accessories.

Marvel-Select-Psylocke__scaled_800.jpg
    Diamond-Select-Marvel-Select-X-Men-Psylocke-Promo-03.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    A new Marvel Select Psylocke is being released. She looks more 90's accurate then the Marvel Legends one. Specially the hair, leg straps, sash and power accessories.

Marvel-Select-Psylocke__scaled_800.jpg
    Diamond-Select-Marvel-Select-X-Men-Psylocke-Promo-03.jpg
    She looks cool, love the height etc. However, It'd be nice to get a non-thong version, fame notwithstanding.